Army stack

jfear

Awards
Well I'm going into the Army. I have lost 35 pounds so far to get ready. I still have like 15 more pounds I could loose mostly in the stomach but not my main concern at this time. I want to burn out a killer stack for strength before I go. I have protein, and creatine I'm going to get micronized. I was thinking of adding Nettle Root, Probolic, CLA, Anadrox, Super Cortisol Support. Any suggestions would be great.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Protein and creatine is all you need basicly.
Whats your diet?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well I'm going into the Army. I have lost 35 pounds so far to get ready. I still have like 15 more pounds I could loose mostly in the stomach but not my main concern at this time. I want to burn out a killer stack for strength before I go. I have protein, and creatine I'm going to get micronized. I was thinking of adding Nettle Root, Probolic, CLA, Anadrox, Super Cortisol Support. Any suggestions would be great.
you should be more concerned about endurance and stamina, you will be required to pass standard fitness tests including runs. i would work on 3 mile runs to prepare for whats ahead. you will have plenty of time to lift and get strong once basic is done. your main concern should be to get as fit as possible.

jfear

Awards
Cals 2812 protine 210 carbs 288 fat 69.5
I have lost 35 pounds now getting ready. I ran 40 mins yesterday. I Think as far as general fitness goes I'm doing ok I think I can do 80 percent of what you need to leave boot camp. I need more upper body for latter climbs and ropes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Cals 2812 protine 210 carbs 288 fat 69.5
I have lost 35 pounds now getting ready. I ran 40 mins yesterday. I Think as far as general fitness goes I'm doing ok I think I can do 80 percent of what you need to leave boot camp. I need more upper body for latter climbs and ropes.
look into millenium cordygen5. also clout/body octane. the 3 of them will set you back a dime or 2 but will aid in fitness, endurance, stamina AND strength. if you take those 3 things and continue to work hard you will make some nice gains. good luck, bro. hope everything goes well for you.

CDCDCD

Awards
like bigt said, 3mile runs - with weighted backpack then increase the run and weight. Look at running with ankle weights and small dumbells. Do weighted dips followed by alternate handgrip chin-ups to gain upper body strength.

I know if I was to join, I'll do my absolute best not get shot, so getting "big" wouldn't be my first preference.

Back to your q's though:
Whey protein, creatine, bcaa's, rpm + drive = hammer time

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Advice from a Navy Corpsman who has done several tours to Iraq and been stationed with the Marines, currently stationed at Marine Corps Recruit Depot (I work with recruits everyday) and worked extensively with the Army.

Crossfit

http://www.crossfit.com/

That is what you need, bodybuild afterwards

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
The ARMY will help you get those last 15lbs off.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
look into millenium cordygen5. also clout/body octane. the 3 of them will set you back a dime or 2 but will aid in fitness, endurance, stamina AND strength. if you take those 3 things and continue to work hard you will make some nice gains. good luck, bro. hope everything goes well for you.
There you go.

I did two days short fast running, say 2-3 miles for time; 2 days 5-6 miles at a good pace; and 1 day long ass slow run, as far as you can hack. I did 5 sets dips and 5 sets pullups to failure, on alternating days, 6 days a week.

It worked good for me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
like bigt said, 3mile runs - with weighted backpack then increase the run and weight. Look at running with ankle weights and small dumbells. Do weighted dips followed by alternate handgrip chin-ups to gain upper body strength.

I know if I was to join, I'll do my absolute best not get shot, so getting "big" wouldn't be my first preference.

amen, brother.:clap2::toofunny:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Be sure to do long, slow runs, too. Even if you never need to run farther than 3 miles (unlikely), it'll increase your capacity for work a LOT. Doing it fast and easy, is better than doing it fast.

jfear

Awards

Wait big muscles don't = bullett proof? Dang

I need more upper body. Pull ups is one of my main concerns. I'll get there.

jfear

Awards
Be sure to do long, slow runs, too. Even if you never need to run farther than 3 miles (unlikely), it'll increase your capacity for work a LOT. Doing it fast and easy, is better than doing it fast.
sound like a good way to mix it up and not get boring.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wait big muscles don't = bullett proof? Dang

I need more upper body. Pull ups is one of my main concerns. I'll get there.
Tips for pull-ups:
- Grease the go - meaning do pull-ups everytime you pass by a bar. even if that means hanging one in the bathroom doorway.
- Do a couple sets of pull-ups as a warm up to every workout. Do sets of ten or so for warm up sets. If you can't do that do a number you can and try to add one each time.
- At least once a week do a serious max out set
- Go hard, go fast. grip is often what holds people back from doing more. You can only hold on for so long.
- Along with the above, make sure your wrists are good and loosened up.
- When you can do sets of 10 or so start doing pull-ups with weights
- Change your grip up every now and then
- Learn the kipping pull-up as well - visit crossfit.com (trust me and ignore anyone who cries that you don't always do dead hangs. You won't care what they think when your doing 20-40 or so and they can't)

Also, like I mentioned above crossfit builds solid functional strength and is extremely popular by police, military, and many athletes. In fact many in the Army SF, Navy team guys, Marine recon all swear by it. It is my personal opinion going into the military crossfit will reap the most benefits for you. Feel free to hit me up if you have any Q's about it or anything.

CDCDCD

Awards
crossfit looks great! first time I've heard of it! great stuff...

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sound like a good way to mix it up and not get boring.
More than that, it develops a larger range of fitness. if you compete in the three mile run (5k), than you should train the three mile run. But the military, though they may use three miles as a standard of fitness in some exam or test, will tax you far beyond that. So be prepared.

I was running 3k in 10:43, 5k in full battle gear (and an open stretcher with someone on it for the platoon in the last 2k) in 27 minutes, and 60 miles in 15 hours. ;)

If I had only trained for the basic fitness test, I'd have failed. The 3 miles trains speed, and you run near-ish your anaerobic thresh-hold; the 5 miles and long slow runs increase your total workload ability. The regimen I gave gives you 2 days off a week, which is important; the military may not give you a day off, but its bad to prepare for the military that way.

So:

Mon - 3 miles for time
Tues - 5 miles at good comfy fast pace
Weds - rest
Thurs - 3 miles for time
Fri - 5 miles
Sat - long slow ass run
Sun rest

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you saying that your enlistment is being delayed due to your weight? Did you go to MEPS yet?

Trust me, during Basic you will be whipped into shape whether you like it or not!

jfear

Awards
Are you saying that your enlistment is being delayed due to your weight? Did you go to MEPS yet?

Trust me, during Basic you will be whipped into shape whether you like it or not!
There not delaying my I am. They said I was doing better than most. My main thing is I have been out of school for a bit and need to refresh my self. But While I'm strengthing my mind I want to work the body more. Mind, body, heart.

But I'm the kind of guy that wants to score a perfect asvab and a 300 on the pft.

The better the shape I go in at the better I leave in.

jfear

Awards
There you go.

I did two days short fast running, say 2-3 miles for time; 2 days 5-6 miles at a good pace; and 1 day long ass slow run, as far as you can hack. I did 5 sets dips and 5 sets pullups to failure, on alternating days, 6 days a week.

It worked good for me.
I'll start running that way. Sound like a good plan. Maby add in some weight eventualy too.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
be careful, if you're new to running, you can get stress fractures if you're not in shape, so go slowly at first. Also, besure to buy shoes which fit you properly, ie if you over or under pronate. Go to a triathlete's store, if you have one; they're generally really educated and anal on shoe fitment.