how bad is NO Shotgun's taste?

walugi

walugi

Awards
I'm considering getting NO Explode or NO Shotgun. A lot of people say Shotgun is better but has a horrible taste that makes them vomit from their mouth or arse.

Is it worse then something like uncapping RPM and taking it in water?

Or should I stick with the No Explode? It's the same price for twice as much..

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I'm considering getting NO Explode or NO Shotgun. A lot of people say Shotgun is better but has a horrible taste that makes them vomit from their mouth or arse.

Another online site had buy one NO Shotgun and get one free and I could not pass that up so I will let you know how bad it tastes when It gets here. If you want a good PWO supp that tastes good go with Ragnarok or EST Methyl Mass.

walugi

walugi

Awards
As a man that takes RPM uncapped in water I can confidently say taste is not a big deterrent for me :p

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
The new Shotgun isnt bad i hear. ReaperX used it. The old one well, ill break it down....

Each some apples.
throw some cinnamon in your mouth.
throw some dirt in.
vomit.
and thats the flavor, kind of.

walugi

walugi

Awards
haha yeah I found ReaperX's reaction to it when I searched. Surely it can't be that bad?

My main concern is that it'll make me overly nauseous or in a generally unpleasant state when I take it.

The worst thing I've had is RPM uncapped so that's as what I'm trying to compare it to. I know a lot of other guys take RPM uncapped as well.

Shotgun or Xplode you reckon?

walugi

walugi

Awards
Another site has a Buy 1 get 1 Free deal for NO Shotgun but its the previous version.

What's better?

1 of the V3
2 of the previous version. (shittier taste, dunno if the affect is worse or not)

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Double down. its not great, but its not THAT bad. Some guys like to get dramatic on the taste.

I will admit, its not a great taste, but did i buy some after trying a sample? You betcha!

walugi

walugi

Awards
I decided against it cos I'd have to order off a different site and buy $25 for shipping. Bought a tub of No Xplode from NP to try instead. I figure that way I can try 2 things once rather then 1 thing twice :)

Thanks for your help though

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
the tastes is not as bad as people said it was. It actually doesnt taste good but u get used to it.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i will say i know a few people who tolerated it. I hope you are one by al means casue most say its one of the best "mainstream" NO products out.
Ill never touch it again. I have different taste bud set up i guess....

I would recomend WTF Pumped by ALRI...My favortie already mixed preWO supp to date. I have tried alot, RPM, Drive, Xtreme-NO(Kaizen), Optimum Nut. preWO(dont know name)... and a few others.

I still havent tried Ragnarok but many love it.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
WTF Pump'd is the best pre-workout I've used. There isn't too much stim. Just enough. Plus it is mono gly. in it.

The old, old version of NO Shotgun was pretty bad. The worst part about it is when it is sitting in your stomach.

I could chug it down, but when it churns in my stomach is what made me really sick.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
well the one i have is the the new fruit punch. and i never tasted the old one.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
V3 is supposed to taste great.. like crystal light drinks. The v2 fruit punch is ****ing nasty.. like rotten banana i think. And dude, no-explode and no shotgun are oranges and apples. If you want the tear the gym apart feeling and huge pumps, be a man and deal with the taste of shotgun.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
hush and drink the NO Shotgun. It's got everything Xplode has, except more, and in better amounts. drink it! or send it to me.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
NO-XPLODE's blue raspberry isn't too bad.

This is partly the reason why I stop buying powders. They all taste gross.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
haha yeah I found ReaperX's reaction to it when I searched. Surely it can't be that bad?

My main concern is that it'll make me overly nauseous or in a generally unpleasant state when I take it.

The worst thing I've had is RPM uncapped so that's as what I'm trying to compare it to. I know a lot of other guys take RPM uncapped as well.

Shotgun or Xplode you reckon?
I got a sample of each drive/rpm, and was curious of both of them uncapped. If you can take RPM uncapped, then you sir will have no problem with NO Shotgun. RPM uncapped is about a 10/10 in my book, and NO Shotgun is about a 2/10 of disgusting. It does have a hint of an apple cinnamon flavor, and isn't THAT bad. Some are just wussies here.

I almost threw up after trying rpm uncapped, dry heaved in the sink. NO Shotgun was NOTHING compared to that.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a man that takes RPM uncapped in water I can confidently say taste is not a big deterrent for me :p
that made me vomit a little bit. How bad is it?

walugi

walugi

Awards
I got a sample of each drive/rpm, and was curious of both of them uncapped. If you can take RPM uncapped, then you sir will have no problem with NO Shotgun. RPM uncapped is about a 10/10 in my book, and NO Shotgun is about a 2/10 of disgusting. It does have a hint of an apple cinnamon flavor, and isn't THAT bad. Some are just wussies here.

I almost threw up after trying rpm uncapped, dry heaved in the sink. NO Shotgun was NOTHING compared to that.
That's good to know. I took 2 RPM uncapped in way too much water yesterday and didn't feel so great. Usually the bad taste and stomach dizziness leaves me after I get some fresh air.

Once I mixed New Power Jolt and Alpha Drive XL without thinking about it and took a swig. That was even nastier then RPM if you can believe that.

that made me vomit a little bit. How bad is it?
Hmm. Well it mixes into water to make sort've a watery brown liquid that looks like watered down mud water. If you can imagine blending faeces with ice cubes then that's probably similiar.

It doesn't dissolve too well and the last bit ALWAYS has too much power and is definitely the worst.

I used to take a lot of traditional chinese medicine as a kid so I guess i've built up the taste buds to tolerate it.

I'd like to think the tradeoff between taste and energy is worth it :) Although i've never had stuff like holding a pump for an hour pwo like so people talk about.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Will it be okay if i mix it with Purple Wraath?

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

i'd say it has a very enjoyable taste. You should have done a poll to figure out quickly how well it is liked/disliked but what do we all know.....better to just try it for yourself

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I just bought the previous version of NO_Shotgun since it was BOGO. Once it arrives I will post my thoughts on the taste. I can stomach just about anything and if need be I'll just shoot it down in one gulp and chase it with some juice. Just couldn't pass up $20 per container.