What is a supplement rep

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
What does this mean, are you the owner of the company, do you work for the company, do you get paid? I am just curious as i have never really seen this before.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
What does this mean, are you the owner of the company, do you work for the company, do you get paid? I am just curious as i have never really seen this before.
Like the name implies it is a representative of a certain supplement company. There is a ton of variation on how everything works and it is of course dependant on the company. Some companies have their reps filed as employees, some do not. Some companies pay their reps, some pay them in free supplements or other incentives.

For instance, I am a representative for CEL. This is not my main board and we do not sponsor here (yet) so I really don't rep a whole lot but that's besides the point. I am basically like an independant contractor to CEL, I provide a service to them and in return I receive compensation although I will not elaborate on the exact form of compensation. On their books I am NOT am employee and I typically have a caveat in my signature stating my opinions are just that, opinions, and they do not represent the opinions of CEL, etc etc and some other legal jargon.

Hope that helps..? Reps seem to be more common on the other boards I visit. I dont mind answering questions but I wont get too specific on the perks as that is like "rep code" and its not discussed.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do love these threads. :lol:

Right, as stated above, we "represent" the company and are the go-betweens to some degree between the forum users and the company itself. We generally have enthusiasm for the companies that we represent, and a requisite amount of knowledge to do our "job" right. Our "job" is to answer any questions that you might have about a product. Some base their advice on experience, some on science and data, and some on both. We're here to help. We're just affiliated!

As for pay or compensation - see "First Rule of Fight Club". ;) Are we owners, employees, contracted persons? Could be... Some "reps" are owners, some are actual employees, and some are just really really good fans. Reps are generally hand picked based on their activity, usefullness, and even popularity. Reps have a reputation that is used to represent. That's about the best way that I can put it.

Thanks for asking! Behave yourself and help others, and some day you too could be in our shoes!! :head:

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I have no clue what a supplement rep is.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
It means you get free **** and trade **** with other reps.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
are you for real?

here are your stats.

you've been a member here for over 5 years and you don't know what a rep is?:think:

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
are you for real?

here are your stats.

you've been a member here for over 5 years and you don't know what a rep is?:think:

look at my post gap. Your pretty good at typing so maybe you should do that. I joined here when it was a tiny board at the request of a friend. This is the only board on the internet i have ever been on that has supplement "reps" all over the place. I want to know if these guys are the owners or just board members who get some free goodies to pimp the good name all over the internet, or are they distributors. I mean is it really that off the wall of a question. I want to know who i am listening to when they are talking. Is that too hard to ask.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
How do you go about being a Supplement Rep? Do you get free ****?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to know if these guys are the owners or just board members who get some free goodies to pimp the good name all over the internet, or are they distributors. I mean is it really that off the wall of a question. I want to know who i am listening to when they are talking. Is that too hard to ask.
it really does vary company to company, so there is no easy answer. most of the reps here are not owners or distributors or "employees" (in a W2 $X an hour way of employee), but some are any of the above. Particularly in some of the smaller companies, the owners do post regularly, and even for some of the big ones. For a long time, Patrick Arnold from Ergopharm posted here frequently. So the only way to know what sort of rep someone is would be to ask.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
all kinds of reps, some ask to be reps and get it somehow, some apply during callouts for reps, some are asked, some are owners....depends man.

and I do agree with you, some people just plain old pimp the products, but in all honesty, its easy to see when someone is just plain pimping their own products.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
look at my post gap. Your pretty good at typing so maybe you should do that. I joined here when it was a tiny board at the request of a friend. This is the only board on the internet i have ever been on that has supplement "reps" all over the place. I want to know if these guys are the owners or just board members who get some free goodies to pimp the good name all over the internet, or are they distributors. I mean is it really that off the wall of a question. I want to know who i am listening to when they are talking. Is that too hard to ask.
Some reps are knowledgeable, some reps aren't; some representatives work for a company to spread knowledge and assistance, some do it for mindless shilling; some reps are intelligent, others do nothing but spread conjecture and speak out of their ass. There's no universal characterization, and reps aren't necessarily chosen via any outstanding criteria - most are either selected because; a) they post a lot; b) have a decent reputation; or rarely c) because they are knowledgeable about that particular company's products.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For a long time, Patrick Arnold from Ergopharm posted here frequently. So the only way to know what sort of rep someone is would be to ask.
HA!! I remember those fun times. :trout::dump::nutkick:

Mullet is right, though. There are good reps and bad reps. We are all chosen on different criteria, and probably that criteria can change from time to time, or from product release to product release, whatever the case may be. Sinner and I were hand picked at the same time, while our newest round (Gltrdone, Ttewell, and Adawg) actually applied. At any rate, it's still a neat thing to do and a good way to fill my day! :thumbsup:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
it was just a question and thank you for clarifying for me why you didn't know.

my rule of thumb with here or anywhere on the internet is to take any and all info with a grain of salt and look for commonalitites of what is being said. it really doesn't take long to figure out who's helping and who's pimping.

my experience here at AM is that 99.9% of the reps here are stand up guys and believe in what they're representing. over at another well known board it's a very different story however i won't go into that.

to become a rep is something that is earned and not just thrown out to anyone who puts their hand up.

that also seems to be the case now with logging and testing new supps, one has to prove themselves worthy and the days of supp whoring IMHO are long gone.

the mods here seem to keep a good handle on things here these days and are very fair but they don't put up with any sh*t from members, reps or company owners, period.

welcome back btw and once again my apologies to you for not being as clear as i should have been.

:thumbsup:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I still don't know - what's a rep???
Thanks in advance...

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I still don't know - what's a rep???
Thanks in advance...
Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

Noun
1. a person chosen to act for or represent a group
2. a person who tries to sell the products or services of a firm
3. a typical example
Adjective
1. typical of a class or kind
2. representing
3. including examples of all the interests or types in a group
4. acting as deputy for another
5. of a political system in which people choose a person to make decisions on their behalf

my definition

representative - a person who represents other people, products or companies.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

Noun
1. a person chosen to act for or represent a group
2. a person who tries to sell the products or services of a firm
3. a typical example
Adjective
1. typical of a class or kind
2. representing
3. including examples of all the interests or types in a group
4. acting as deputy for another
5. of a political system in which people choose a person to make decisions on their behalf

my definition

representative - a person who represents other people, products or companies.
Thanks bro!!! I can see clearly now, the rain is gone...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You know ya'll were waiting for one of us to do it.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhh, the days when you could hear music without added computer synth to every damn song.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i prefer the jimmy cliff funky reggae version

Cool Runnings style "Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, its bobsled time!"

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established

I know what they are.....!

I WANT TO BE ONE SOMEDAY SOON!

lol