Creatine, creatine mono and cutting

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I just started a cut and I'm curious as to whether or not I should continue with mono or creatine in general. Currently I am taking horsepower before workouts which has a few grams of EE and kre-alk and I'm still taking a daily dose of 10 g's of mono. Thinking of cutting to just the HP, but when I run out.. should I even bother until I'm ready to bulk again?

And if I am holding water weight, I think I'd rather lose it during a cut. AND I have to waste precious calories and carbs sucking back a flavourless carb powder to shuttle the mono.

What is your guys' take on this whole thang??

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You could stop if you want. There is no need to tho and you don't have to take the mono with carb powders. I like creatine when i cut to help keep strength up but if it bloats you then dropping it may be in your best interest.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I don't even know if it bloats me. Sometimes if i don't take enough water with it I get bloated and gassy but since I have a pretty high BF I can't tell if it is affecting me overall. That make sense?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yea i get what your saying. you can play around with it then if you feel like dropping it thats fine if not then just keep it, either way it shouldn't hinder your overall fatloss

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
Yah, its not the mono itself, but the carbs to make it effective. I think I'll drop it, rely on the Horsepower's dose and when that runs out see what happens. I can pick up some green mag or bulk cee or something perhaps. Thanks bolt

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No problem! Sounds like a good plan and I like green mag myself..good luck

polo

polo

Awards
I just started a cut and I'm curious as to whether or not I should continue with mono or creatine in general. Currently I am taking horsepower before workouts which has a few grams of EE and kre-alk and I'm still taking a daily dose of 10 g's of mono. Thinking of cutting to just the HP, but when I run out.. should I even bother until I'm ready to bulk again?

And if I am holding water weight, I think I'd rather lose it during a cut. AND I have to waste precious calories and carbs sucking back a flavourless carb powder to shuttle the mono.

What is your guys' take on this whole thang??
i would save it till ur bulk
i personally hate water retention.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I think the idea of water retention, at least for me, is moot. It's more about ATP and increasing intensity/reps/weight @ the gym.

Especially with the new versions of creatine, CEE, MCC, DCM, CG...I really haven't seen much water retention, and if there is then it's in a good place (muscle.)

I think cutting out the 10g of CM and keeping horsepower preworkout will do you good.

RR