muscle cramps

hitstick11

Awards
whats the best thing for muscle cramps? mostly in the legs. i know bananas work.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
staying properly hydrated.

Ive played basketball, soccer, baseball and i never got cramps when i had enough water to drink.

And i believe its the potassium in bananas.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
need to make sure you keep a balance of electrolites...poseidon is a great product for this.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
but, in the end future pilot is right on the money!

hitstick11

Awards
i must not be drinking enough water then, thanks for the advice

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed Poseidon(electrolytes in general..) will help keep from cramping up. Up your water intake and if you still cramp up look into some sort of electrolyte replenishing drink

hitstick11

Awards
so i should start drinking more water and Gatorade?

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
The betst thing to do is get the smart water containers (the 55ouncers) and put poiwerade/gatorade mix in that and drinkin that all day. I usually do that then 1 of those during workout so theres a about a gallon of water right there.

hitstick11

Awards
The betst thing to do is get the smart water containers (the 55ouncers) and put poiwerade/gatorade mix in that and drinkin that all day. I usually do that then 1 of those during workout so theres a about a gallon of water right there.
yeah that actualy sounds like the way to go

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
use powder gatorade, it has dextrose vs fructose in the regular drink . . . and MUCh cheaper

Davis555

Awards
Gatorade? Na Stay clear of the high fructose corn syrups!!! If you lift while doing prone to gasious stomache. Plus that sh** isn't the best. I would use like said above the power or other good supplement! Water though and gatoraid, or a good multi-vitamin can clear it up for you fast and add to a lacking diet!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a breakdown of electrolytes/cramping i have posted in the Havoc Write-up. I agree that poseidon is paramount in its prevention during high intensity sports and/or training:

-Fluid/electrolyte intake: It is also very important that you keep your fluid and electrolyte(sodium,potassium,calcium,magnesium) intake very sufficient throughout the day. Fluid/electrolyte loss through training depletes interstitial fluids(basically the fluid that lies outside of the cells)which also attributes to muscle pump/cramping issues, and here's how:

Painful muscle pumps/cramps occur due to loss of the osmotically active particles(mainly NaCL or salt) outside the cell within the interstitial spaces. This causes a disturbance in the osmotic balance(pull) of fluid moving in and out of muscle cells. This then results in muscle cells excessively swelling(because they contain more osmotically active particles and fluid)and you develop very painful pumps. This process can also lead to problems with the calcium pump inside muscle cells. This will cause VERY painful cramps due to the muscle being locked in a contractive state. This is why adequate fluid and electrolye intake during training is very important to maintain this balance and prevent these issues.

hitstick11

Awards
yeah i went and got a lot of water, bananas, a multi vitamin that is time realeased, and powder gatorade

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i frequently get muscle cramps myself.
i recommend taurine.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
i frequently get muscle cramps myself.
i recommend taurine.
X2 Got that for back cramps and it works. I do usually 1g or 1.5g when they are bad. Yeah, and powder gatorade or powerade is cheap as hell like 4 bucks bbut it makes a lot.