Eyes and Brain

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Any single supplement and or list of single supplements that are both good for vision and mental maintenance?

I am going to cap my own supp stack and to keep it simple was wondering if any one supp or specific group of them would be good for eyes and brain according to experience of some of the posters.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
anyone?

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
PEA and Phenibut. There was just a positive study posted by a member, but I cannot find it because PEA cannot be entered into the search engine.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Omega-3 fatty acids ound in fish, canola oil, and walnuts is great for brain function.

The health benefits of Omega-3 oils are said to include:

Improved Brain Function – Omega-3 (especially DHA) has been shown to improve mood disorders such as depression, to positively affect mental function and curb aggression. In addition, it has been seen to support the formation and repair of brain cells - improving conditions such as ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia and Alzheimer’s disease - and to improve memory, concentration and the ability to learn.

Supporting Eye Health – Helping to lower the risk of vision loss related to aging and to improve overall eye function.

Better Cardiovascular Health - Studies have shown that Omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial for heart health, can increase HDL while lowering LDL cholesterol, lower mild hypertension due to cardiovascular disease, help avoid blood clots, reduce heart irregularities and improve some circulatory problems.

Reduced Allergies - Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to help prevent the development of allergies and protect against symptoms of hay fever, sinus infections, asthma, food allergies and eczema.

Improved Skin Health - This oil has also been seen to reduce inflammation in the skin of persons with psoriasis and generally improve the health of skin, nails, and hair.

Benefits for Diabetes sufferers - Research indicates that Omega-3 is beneficial to type II diabetics by helping to regulate blood sugar levels and reducing insulin resistance.

Boosting Immune System - It has been shown to improve the immune system, and research has also linked taking a Omega-3 supplement to a lowered risk of breast cancer and prostate cancer.

Lowered Risk of Inflammatory Diseases – These include diseases such as asthma.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It doesn't get any better than Vitamin A for retinal vision enhancement/maintenance.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't get any better than Vitamin A for retinal vision enhancement/maintenance.
that's true T1, and here is some further info from some quick research i've just done, please correct me here if i'm wrong.

Vitamin A which is a fat-soluble vitamin is important in maintenance of the cornea, it helps proper perception of light at the retina and a vitamin A deficiency can cause lag in recovery time after a flash of light at night or night blindness which is correctly known as nyctalopia which is an inability to adapt to dark lighting conditions, however....

vitamin A cannot fix near-sightedness or far-sightedness (which typically have more to do with the shape of the eye and the way that light is detected by the retina). Similarly, astigmatism, which is caused by an abnormal curvature of the cornea (clear front covering over the lens of your eye).

:thumbsup:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that's true T1, and here is some further info from some quick research i've just done, please correct me here if i'm wrong.

Vitamin A which is a fat-soluble vitamin is important in maintenance of the cornea, it helps proper perception of light at the retina and a vitamin A deficiency can cause lag in recovery time after a flash of light at night or night blindness which is correctly known as nyctalopia which is an inability to adapt to dark lighting conditions, however....

vitamin A cannot fix near-sightedness or far-sightedness (which typically have more to do with the shape of the eye and the way that light is detected by the retina). Similarly, astigmatism, which is caused by an abnormal curvature of the cornea (clear front covering over the lens of your eye).

You're right on buddy. Nice info! :)

Korben

Korben

Awards
Vit A is great... just don't get above 1000 I.U. each day or well you could die. :wtf: Remember Vit A and D (and a few others) are fat soluble vitamins and can reach toxic levels if too much is taken and can lead to hypervitaminosis....

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established

thanks you guys for all the info.
I am thinking of taking a combination of these.
although the fish oil supp might be seperate.

I went to the optometrist and they told me I didnt need glasses...
but when I asked them why I can see better at night , and why light and aytime is less comfortable they couldnt tell me..

figured herbals would help

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Vit A is great... just don't get above 1000 I.U. each day or well you could die. :wtf: Remember Vit A and D (and a few others) are fat soluble vitamins and can reach toxic levels if too much is taken and can lead to hypervitaminosis....
i take a powdered veggie vitamin formula from viable herbal alternatives...
a lot of commerical stuff seems like hugely overdosed with vitamins, and reading about men getting toxic levels of iron.... was a wake up call.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
PEA and Phenibut. There was just a positive study posted by a member, but I cannot find it because PEA cannot be entered into the search engine.
found them.
listed under Phenylethylamine for the search engine.

Plates1971

Plates1971

Awards
Mental Focus I would include a good full spectrum B vitamin.......B1, B6, B12.....help with energy and mental focus........Peace!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Vit A is great... just don't get above 1000 I.U. each day or well you could die. :wtf:
the multi V i take says it has 2500 I.U of Vitamin A in it:rasp:

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys.
seems like fish oil.. particularly DHA makes the most sense

Korben

Korben

Awards
the multi V i take says it has 2500 I.U of Vitamin A in it:rasp:

I am very sorry about that i had my IU off. The daily require is like 5000 IU. I would not take over 10000 IU (which is 200% your daily require meant) So just stay at or under 10000 IU. Sorry for the confusion.:blink:

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
my vision gets blurred when i take to much phenibut just like im drinking. then again to much of anything is bad. small doses is probably another story though.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
my vision gets blurred when i take to much phenibut just like im drinking. then again to much of anything is bad. small doses is probably another story though.
I've never heard that before, that sucks. And yeah, "everything in moderation"; just like anything else, too much of it is bound to have some kind of drawback.

To OP: Piracetam is another supplement that aids brain function.