what supplements sould i be taking to increase muscle mass

T

tryingharder

Awards
what supplements should i be taking to increase my muscle mass, im currentl on a bulk - ive got my diet sorted and im using whey protein and creatine mono, i dont take any other supplements, im going on holiday in 7 weeks and would really like to look good by then. (been training now for around 7 month) i asked a similar question in the anabolics forum, but im not happy with the hair loss sides. so here i am asking the same question in the supplements form
any advice welcome

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
what supplements should i be taking to increase my muscle mass, im currentl on a bulk - ive got my diet sorted and im using whey protein and creatine mono, i dont take any other supplements, im going on holiday in 7 weeks and would really like to look good by then. (been training now for around 7 month) i asked a similar question in the anabolics forum, but im not happy with the hair loss sides. so here i am asking the same question in the supplements form
any advice welcome

Im guessin more people will have answers for you if you posted what your diet is... and how much creatine you are taking and how much protein how often... lay out a normal supplement and diet day for us and everyone can go from there

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
oh almost forgot...
what kinda workouts have you been doin lately (sets and reps and types of lifts)
because i know guys who have all the supps in the world, but never change up their workouts... cycling workouts is as important as cyclin supps imo

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you've only been training 7 months you should be seeing some very impressive gains anyways

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you've only been training 7 months you should be seeing some very impressive gains anyways
If not then there is something wrong with your diet and or exercise regime. 7 weeks man, this is not about the quick fix, your in the wrong sport if you don't have patience.

T

tryingharder

Awards
If not then there is something wrong with your diet and or exercise regime. 7 weeks man, this is not about the quick fix, your in the wrong sport if you don't have patience.
i said 7 months not 7 weeks. and i am in it for the long haul but like i said, would like a little boost before holidays

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No it's that fact that you want results in 7 weeks and 7 months is not much time. You can't think of this in terms of short time periods. Impatience usually negative long term effects. Just be satisfied that you are making progress and if you are not then look to your diet first, your routine second.

D

Davis555

Awards
Dream is right! BUT! Stick with hard low rep work outs...5x3 or a 5x5. Stick with multi-joint lifts for 3 weeks that will put slight slight slight size on you. Next 4 higher rep single joint movements,with good diet and cardio. Try a good pre-workout A.K.A. purple wrath or White Flood by Controlled labs are good! Make sure you eat at least 70% of your protein and use the rest as a nice little after touch to your workouts or small meal.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
No it's that fact that you want results in 7 weeks and 7 months is not much time. You can't think of this in terms of short time periods. Impatience usually negative long term effects. Just be satisfied that you are making progress and if you are not then look to your diet first, your routine second.
It can be done in 7 weeks ;) Depends on how knowledgeable you are with working out, how in tune you are with your body, how much you know about food....

... and how much $$$$ you gotz ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It can be done in 7 weeks ;) Depends on how knowledgeable you are with working out, how in tune you are with your body, how much you know about food....

... and how much $$$$ you gotz ;)

Depends on what your trying to do. I know you can drop about 5% body fat if you go on a precontest diet, it will cost you muscle though. You can make some muscle gains not anything really that significant really 5 or 6 lbs would be very good but your likely going to gain some fat. Anything you try to do in a hurry will have a price and I'm not just talking about financial. Quality gains and fat loss is done over time. I mean if I do a precontest diet it is usually going to be 17 to 20 weeks and that's as fast as it gets.

I'm not saying he won't get any results, I am saying that he shouldn't be thinking in terms of short term and not jeoprodize long term goals in favour of short term.

ndawson89

ndawson89

Awards
Take an epistane/methyl vol/tren/phera-plex/3 AD stack cycle for about a year, and don't worry you don't need a PCT.

Don't forget to wash the pills down with a good ol glass of jack and coke, and you one set mother****er.

jk - 5 grams creatine (I recommend creapure) whey protein, casein, protein, and a **** load of food.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
try a creatine loading phase.. it will add water weight and some guys get acne
i realized when i snapped out of the 3x10 routine and did a creatine load for 1 month on 2weeks off (see water weight go away) and then another month on 1 gained 15 lbs total and after the water went away i kept 11-12 lbs
oh and when i snapped out of the 3x10 i jumped into 5x5 and loved it
and besides the creatine i was just takin 24g whey 2 times a day and a couple fish oils..

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
i realized when i snapped out of the 3x10 routine and did a creatine load for 1 month on 2weeks off (see water weight go away) and then another month on 1 gained 15 lbs total and after the water went away i kept 11-12 lbs
and besides the creatine i was just takin 24g whey 2 times a day and a couple fish oils..
so were u takin 20g of creatine a day?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I said it before and I'll say it again everything works just not for very long. 5X5 willl only work for a short period of time just like 3 X 10 did. Periodization is one of the key considerations when planning routines. I prefer that changes occur every 4 weeks if your lifting heavy compound sets for 4 weeks then I would change to do more isolated movements and super sets for instance or a mixture of both or possbily some pre-exhaust work for some examples.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
so were u takin 20g of creatine a day?
i was doin a load 20-25g a day (some people say 30) but i was a high school kid with an income of babysittin my little sister so i could only get so much
did that for 5-7 days, then 5g pre and 5g post workout on trainin days
on non trainin days i just did 5g with my breakfast whey
did that for a month and then 2 weeks off and then 1 more month on.. and by then it was football season
oh for sure a must on periodization, i only did the 5x5 for a month then back to 3x10 to see strength increase for the 2 weeks then back to 5x5 for the second month... then my coaches had us do 3x10 and random lifts random amounts of days during the week during the season and it was barely enough to maintain what i had accomplished over summer

good reading on creatine:
http://www.clinsci.org/cs/104/0153/1040153.pdf