Question: BF% & Napalm Use!

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
Alright,

So I have been cutting down from 258 for the past few months, slowly and controlled. I have finally gotten down to 217, with about 13-14% BF, and I have abs starting to show nicely, well at least the top four.

I have always been a fat kid, and have fat over my lower stomach that I think has been there since the 6th grade. I am killing it with abs and workouts, have a very clean, regimented, and controlled diet, but would like to have abs sooner rather than later.

I am thinking about using NAPALM, but I am not sure if it is worth spending the money since my BF% is still a little high? Does anyone have any idea if using Napalm at 14% is going to be a waste of money? Should I wait till I am around 10-12%?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Pauly

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I think you should wait a little bit before jumping into the napalm, around the 10-12% range, like you listed, IMO. Meanwhile, you can use a different burner from the extensive list that Nutraplanet has compiled.

Maybe:
DCP
Recreate
RPM
Forskolin&Yohimbine/Leviathan Reloaded
P-Slin
Anabolic Pump
Lean Xtreme
Napalm
REDuction
Proprionyl L-Carnitine
Syneburn
7-Keto/Musclean/Original Shred XS
TTA
Green Tea
CLA

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
I am currently running:
DCP
Recreate
CLA
Green Tea

Those are my fat burners/ weight control products.
Thanks for your input on this, I still want a few other opinions, but I am leaning towards weighting for a little bit longer.

Pauly

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you can see the top 4 of your abs, then I would say that you are probably at a lower BF% than you think. Take this with a grain of salt because it's w/o pics, but is sounds as though you're hovering around 10%. That being said, I would say that you are in the ideal range to use Napalm.

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
I have spent the money (or waste of money some may say) on a Tanita Ironman scale, which I have been using to help track my BF%. It works with the electrical impulses through the body, basically voodoo and magic, I have no idea. BUT the magic scale tells me I am at about 14% body fat, however, sometimes it drops me down to about 13%, I don't think I can remember any reading lower than that. I am taking these readings with your grain of salt, and using them mostly as "guidelines" and not fact.

The four abs I see aren't as defined as I would like, they have clear center, lower, and upper cuts separating them. I am sorry I don't have a picture, but if needed I could paint or sketch something and post it, as I have never had abs before and I think i look at them at least...um maybe 28 hours out of any given day...giver or take 15 hours.

Pauly

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The electrical impedance scales tend to be quite inaccurate. The hand-held version can be slightly more reliable, but still not the best choice. If you can, then get a 5-7 point caliper reading. This is the least expensive option that is pretty accurate.

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
See i heard the exact opposite thing about the BF% devices. I heard the hand held ones are crap, the calipers are ok if you know how to use them properly, the scales with electrical impulses can be fairly accurate, and the best is water immersion.

I tried to do some consumer research on the product before I went out and spent the money. And supposedly this is one of the better scales you can get that offers accurate readings.

Not trying to discredit what you said about the scales, i could be using a piece of ****, but I just find it interesting how many different opinions their are on the different methods of measuring and measurement devices.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
See i heard the exact opposite thing about the BF% devices. I heard the hand held ones are crap, the calipers are ok if you know how to use them properly, the scales with electrical impulses can be fairly accurate, and the best is water immersion.

I tried to do some consumer research on the product before I went out and spent the money. And supposedly this is one of the better scales you can get that offers accurate readings.

Not trying to discredit what you said about the scales, i could be using a piece of ****, but I just find it interesting how many different opinions their are on the different methods of measuring and measurement devices.
The 7 point caliper reading is very accurate, but most are not trained to take such a reading. The 3 point test, which is the most common, can have a 3-4% swing either way. I am also speaking from my experiences with the BF reading devices. The handheld version has to be used under the exact same conditions in order to obtain an accurate reading (e.g. hydration, hand position, HR).

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
Thanks for the advise on the devices.

Does anyone else have any suggestions with Napalm.

Pauly

Korben

Korben

Awards
I am about to start using it to and around the same definition as you... don't know about BF%. I say go for it......

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i plan on gettin some for my girlfriend to use. most people are between 10-12% for napalm use. if you search you will see plenty of results, and picture logs i had to do that last night

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard that Napalm is still useful above 12%. Something about the difference in ingredients between Napalm and the Lipoderm Series. Maybe Glyccerinhic(spelling?) acid?
Dunno. Youll still probably get results at ur BF