Help me out guys...

DaveWalton

Awards
I wasn't sure what section to post this in since there is no motivation section but here goes...

First, my stats:

Height : 6'3
Weight: 197 in the morning empty stomache
Body type: lanky ectomorph

Basically, I started working out in grade 10 because I was super skinny and wanted to be big. I'm not going into third year university and after gradually learning about things like the importance of diet and proper workout routines, I feel I've been working out fairly well for the past 2 years.

I have had success with weight gain and muscle gain...but I still look lanky. My arms are still only 14" around...maybe 13 1/2". I've just always had a huge desire to look big, and lately I've felt that my body type just won't allow that.

Lately, I made the stupid decision to start an m1t cycle (again, I'm 19...and yes I did my research into m1t) as I just felt so fed up with busting my ass in the gym and eating 6 meals a day (big meals) that I felt I would never get big naturally (even with a 19 year olds test levels). Although I've made the decision to stop this cycle after 9 days and will be taking Nolvadex and Clomid starting tomorrow (and be off of PH's/steroids forever), I still feel that I won't ever be able to be big naturally...basically I honestly feel the only way I'll ever get big at my age is to take steroids (not something I want to do).

Help me out guys!

P.S. Sorry if this sounds lame I just feel like **** about this. Thanks bros.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Height : 6'3
Weight: 197 in the morning empty stomache
Body type: lanky ectomorph

I've felt that my body type just won't allow that.

Well, im almost 6'2", and while i dont have trouble keeping weight on, i can tell you that during the summer when i deliver ice, ill eat 6-7000 calories. So unless your taking in something close to that, it might be somewhere to start.

And dont worry about arm size, it will come with the increase in bodyweight.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
the only thing i can say has been said by future. Try to get more calories in your diet.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I definately feel ya man. I'm 6'2" about 196lbs. I got lucky enough to get the tall/skinny genes from my mom's side. It sucks. Definately try upping your intake, but don't overdo it. I thought a good bulk would do the trick for me but I got a bit overzealous with the food, and a lot of it was empty calories. Just be careful so you don't just have to do a cut and lose most of the weight you gain!!
I went from 185 looking pretty lean and bulked up too quick to about 207 and was extremely unhappy with how I looked. I'm now down to 196, and hope to lose a couple more pounds before my cut is through in a month. Definately progress tho, I was a fairly lean 185, but couldn't really see my abs, and now I can see them better than ever and once I get down to around the 190 mark I think I'll be pretty satisfied...
Good luck man

DaveWalton

Awards
Thanks for the posts guys. I pretty much expected to hear the diet remark...and it makes sense.

Will I ever be able to get "jacked" though? And, does that mean spending my life eating?

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
you could try throwing shakes inbetween your meals. i know one person with a body similiar to yours who had the same problem as you. he was eating 6 large meals a day, and it wasnt cutting it. he decided to throw a shake between every meal, and starting gaining like a madman.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I wash every meal down with a protein shake!

If you choose a nice fruity isolate its just like drinking juice.

Every little bit you do will help.

RR

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am the same way as you. It was an insane struggle for me to hit 200, and I decided to cut for 2 months...3 weeks in I've lost more weight than I wanted to in 8 weeks.

Takes me like 5000-6000 cals to really pack on the weight, and I can cut with somewhere around 3500.

Just like everything else, patience is really going to come into play. After a while your stomach will stretch out, and you'll notice yourself just pounding down the food at each meal like it's nothing. This is where the weight comes on man.

The idea is to basically eat till your stuffed at every sitting, and then have a few more bites basically to reach pre-puking stages :p Before you know it, 1000-1500 calories at a sitting will be cake. Good luck, and feel free to post/pm me for any more help.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anybody can get jacked if they put in the work, it's just harder for some than others just like it's harder for some to stay lean. We all have our crosses to bear. You are too impatient, take more enjoyment out of the small improvements you make over time.

You are always going to have to eat a lot of calories and most of them are going to have to be clean. Start looking into super shake recipes. Eat every couple hours. Cottage cheese before bed is a good idea.

tattoopierced1

Gotta get those calories in like everyone stated above. I'm 6'7" and have had a hell of a time putting weight on, but proper intake of nutrients, and a solid workout plan works. My arms are at 17.5" now, still no where near where I want to be, but getting there. Us taller guys gotta work extra hard to fill out those long limbs, so keep your nose to the grind, re-evaluate your diet and exercise routine and make changes a little bit at a time to see what your body reacts to.

DaveWalton

Awards
Agree with everything above! Thanks a bunch guys! On my way to get some Nolva and Clomid and begin my PCT and never touch PH/Steroids again!

Feel great today, new mindset and a belief that I can do this all natural.

Cheers.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear! Sometimes it just needs a bit of focus, it's a long hard journey, you need a little help on the way. That's what were here for, to give and receive assistance.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
good for you for being one the people who actually take advice. there are many people who come on here post a cycle or whatever it be. Am'ers then tell them its a junk cycle or that it will toast their body and they go..."well i already started" or "thanks for the advice but im gonna do it anyway". now please tell me why you would waste your time typing it all out and then just get peoples advice and blow it off. congrats though man! It will be well worth it

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I can do this all natural.
You mean no muscletech?;)

And yes, you will have to spend to rest of your life eating, more than others, and more frequently. As is the way of the bodybuilder.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good for you for being one the people who actually take advice. there are many people who come on here post a cycle or whatever it be. Am'ers then tell them its a junk cycle or that it will toast their body and they go..."well i already started" or "thanks for the advice but im gonna do it anyway". now please tell me why you would waste your time typing it all out and then just get peoples advice and blow it off. congrats though man! It will be well worth it
It takes humility, I have always found that generally young women are easier to train than young men. The women don't have their ego's all tied up in how macho they can be. The listen and they do what you say. I remember being at the gym and the two young women were the hardest core people there. All the young guys were doing all these isolated exercises and neglecting they're core training while my ladies were doing squats and deads. Try and go up to your average 20 year old in the gym and tell him to take weight off the bar so he can do full range of motion and see what happens, 9 times out of 10 he isn't going to listen. Humility is key for success in anything.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
It takes humility, I have always found that generally young women are easier to train than young men. The women don't have their ego's all tied up in how macho they can be. The listen and they do what you say. I remember being at the gym and the two young women were the hardest core people there. All the young guys were doing all these isolated exercises and neglecting they're core training while my ladies were doing squats and deads. Try and go up to your average 20 year old in the gym and tell him to take weight off the bar so he can do full range of motion and see what happens, 9 times out of 10 he isn't going to listen. Humility is key for success in anything.
i witnessed it first hand with my little brother the other day actually. He had his girlfriend at the gym with us and put 225 on the bar and lifted it and did it but his butt was about 2 feet in the air. i told him to lay his legs straight out and keep his back flat and i then had him lift it off the bar and try it. he was no where close. when i told him that 225 wasnt his proper max he said his back always arches that bad and then went off on me and told me i dont use proper form. That ego thing is part of the reason i switched to high rep schemes. its all bullcrap. a girl could careless how weight you actually lift as long as you have the personality and look big. i mean its cool to get a PR on a 1RM but other than that i dont even touch heavy weights anymore

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your right there the girl doesn't care how much he lifts, but we're showoffs when it comes to the ladies. My wife says God gave us 2 heads but only enough blood for one. lol

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Your right there the girl doesn't care how much he lifts, but we're showoffs when it comes to the ladies. My wife says God gave us 2 heads but only enough blood for one. lol
AHAHA FREAKING great dude! :toofunny:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
for sure. tell your wife props man...that is seriously great stuff

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Wisdom for the ages. :hammer:

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I definately feel ya man. I'm 6'2" about 196lbs. I got lucky enough to get the tall/skinny genes from my mom's side. It sucks. Definately try upping your intake, but don't overdo it. I thought a good bulk would do the trick for me but I got a bit overzealous with the food, and a lot of it was empty calories. Just be careful so you don't just have to do a cut and lose most of the weight you gain!!
I went from 185 looking pretty lean and bulked up too quick to about 207 and was extremely unhappy with how I looked. I'm now down to 196, and hope to lose a couple more pounds before my cut is through in a month. Definately progress tho, I was a fairly lean 185, but couldn't really see my abs, and now I can see them better than ever and once I get down to around the 190 mark I think I'll be pretty satisfied...
Good luck man
i did the same thing last winter, had to cut this spring, took off 15 lbs........back to 185. if i did it slower, and took in more clean food, it would have been a lot different, but fat went way up, to much for me. this winter it will be upping cals, but cleaner that last year.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
No shame in having a difficult time adding weight. When everything is analyzed, however, the problem is usually so basic that you'll realize 'gee... Methyl-1-Testosterone could've been avoided'.

Working at a very unpopulated gym, I've learned a lot about my body and my nutrient timing needs. I have much different genetics than you do however. I have a difficult time cutting unless I drop some $$$ on good anti-cort products.