Optimen vs. Orange triad

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Which one would u use and why? took opti men until orange triad came out because i liked the idea of immune system support joint and digestive aids along with the multi. is there really any difference. only reason i'm asking is cause there's a sale on optimen for $15

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
or is there really any difference at all between multi's

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'd answer, but you're so impatient I won't.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
or is there really any difference at all between multi's

There is.

A) Quality of vitamins / minerals
B) Extra stuff: such as Orange TRIad: joint support, immune function and digestion aid.

You get alot out of TRIad, it makes my supplementation easier. Before, I was buying different products for all of those: now I just take the TRIad.

Good luck with your decision! :hammer:

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is.

A) Quality of vitamins / minerals
B) Extra stuff: such as Orange TRIad: joint support, immune function and digestion aid.

You get alot out of TRIad, it makes my supplementation easier. Before, I was buying different products for all of those: now I just take the TRIad.

Good luck with your decision! :hammer:
i really do appreciate ur coments but.... u have a very extreme bias towards controlled labs products.

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
I made a thread not too long ago about multivitamins and got a few different recommendations. I am going to give Orange TRIad a try because I like the sound of all the properties it has. I also got ADAM from NOW as several people commented on how it's designed more toward athletes and weight lifters.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I made a thread not too long ago about multivitamins and got a few different recommendations. I am going to give Orange TRIad a try because I like the sound of all the properties it has. I also got ADAM from NOW as several people commented on how it's designed more toward athletes and weight lifters.
i've heard a few people suggest the adam multi. but getting opti-men for $14.50 seems like a good time to stock up.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i really do appreciate ur coments but.... u have a very extreme bias towards controlled labs products.
You can make the decision for yourself, like all consumers. I'm just here to help! :)

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can make the decision for yourself, like all consumers. I'm just here to help! :)
i know how u could help. send me a container of golden finish and i'll see if i like it better than my waxy maize. haha just kidding. i'm not tryin to sound like an @ss but of course ur gonna say orange triad is better and i'm sure you're probably obligated to. hell right now i have orange triad purple wraath white flood and green mag. can't beat the amount of servings u get for the price. not to mention nobody buys it at vitamin world so its half off.... :dance: and nobody else buys it but me

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i know how u could help. send me a container of golden finish and i'll see if i like it better than my waxy maize. haha just kidding. i'm not tryin to sound like an @ss but of course ur gonna say orange triad is better and i'm sure you're probably obligated to. hell right now i have orange triad purple wraath white flood and green mag. can't beat the amount of servings u get for the price. not to mention nobody buys it at vitamin world so its half off.... :dance: and nobody else buys it but me

Sounds like you make good decisions on supplements already bro :)
The products speak for themselves IMHO.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I've gone through 2 bottles of Orange Triad and am currently knee deep in my 3rd bottle(s) of MVP/ZMK. I like the plethora of support supps in MVP:
Citrus Bioflavinoids
Rutin
Quercetin
Spirulina
Chlorella
Ashwaganda
Astragalus
Pomegranite PE
Tumeric PE
Matcha Tee (90% Polyphenols)
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Blueberry PE(25% Anthocyanins)
Grapeseed PE
Bilberry PE (25% anthocyanins)
Lutein
Zeaxanthin
Lycopene
Coq10

And yes, many of them are also in OT but they're in a proprietary blend. I like knowing how much of what I'm getting in a product.

The only thing I didn't like about OT was that the tablets are so large that they sometimes are difficult to swallow.

As for optimen, seems solid as well. You don't get the joint support benefits present in OT but you do get a lot of beneficial herbs, albeit in small amounts.

Just my 2 cents.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
The OT tabs are good sized, I usually spread it out 2 in the morning, 2 with lunch 2 with dinner. Makes it easier swallowing em

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
The OT tabs are good sized, I usually spread it out 2 in the morning, 2 with lunch 2 with dinner. Makes it easier swallowing em
That's what I did as well. No point in taking too many of them at once.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
animal pack=pack of poo pellets

I've had several multis better. AND downing 10 pills every morning gets old...FAST.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i've heard a few people suggest the adam multi. but getting opti-men for $14.50 seems like a good time to stock up.
opti-men = crap = $14.50

ADAM = high quality = $16 (if you look around).

Idk about you but id rather spend a while $1.50 more on getting something quality.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
took opti men until orange triad came out because i liked the idea of immune system support joint and digestive aids along with the multi.
OT is the only product you'll find with all of that !!!
Making our pill-popping a little less hectic, ahaha.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
opti-men = crap = $14.50

ADAM = high quality = $16 (if you look around).

Idk about you but id rather spend a while $1.50 more on getting something quality.
how do u know what the difference in quality is?

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
I prefer Whole Food Multi. Easier on the stomach and Alive Multi has a greens complex, Omega Complex, Digestive Enzymes, and Amino Complex.

Great Multi.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I prefer Whole Food Multi. Easier on the stomach and Alive Multi has a greens complex, Omega Complex, Digestive Enzymes, and Amino Complex.

Great Multi.
What's the amino dosages?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how do u know what the difference in quality is?
I know how to read the label of a multivitamin. Lets say optimen and adam all had the exact same dosage of every vitamin. That's not what really matters. What matters is WHERE the vitamin is coming from (what its extracted from). Adam is the best quality multivitamin. All the other brands are usually synthetic.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Adam is the best quality multivitamin. All the other brands are usually synthetic.
How about MVP? I think MVP is the best multivitamin with the best ingredients. I take 2 MVP in the morning and 3 OT throughout the day, it helps hedge the high cost of MVP.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
animal pack=pack of poo pellets

I've had several multis better. AND downing 10 pills every morning gets old...FAST.
pak is the only multi I use, however as u said 10 is a bit much. not using anything right now