Need Some help and advice

kaashsindhu

kaashsindhu

Awards
I am trying my best to start going to gym and start workout got membership but feeling always tired.

I completely understand that I am feeling drained out always because of lake of activity but can't start activity because I am so drained out always.

I tried to use some energy drinks that says 6 or 7 hour energy rush and this that nothing worked on me even I did not feel a little kick out of them using multivitamin even thyat is not working.

So I am feeling like I am trapped in a visious circle.

Can anybody help me how to break out of this if there is any drinnk, supplement or suggestion that can help me in starting my workout plan I am sure once I will be able to continue my workout for couple of weeks I will have enough energy to keep it up.

Height 5'.7"

Weight 199.5 lbs

Age 36 Years

Any honest suggestions are welcome

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Maybe your anemic? I was anemic a few years ago and was always tired.

A crappy diet could be doing it, whats it like? Explaining more about your lifestyle could help a lot. Been to your doctor?

kaashsindhu

kaashsindhu

Awards
Maybe your anemic? I was anemic a few years ago and was always tired.

A crappy diet could be doing it, whats it like? Explaining more about your lifestyle could help a lot. Been to your doctor?

My life style is very in active working in office job and sit thee for 9 hours and I have to admit that I eat like a pig. most of the time indian food that contains oil and spices.

Not very active person.

lector606

lector606

Awards
If I were you, I would explain to a doctor how you're feeling and ask for some tests.

Iron, thyroid, testosterone... before you look to a supplement that might mask the problem, make sure that everyone else is okay.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or maybe your just not energetic because your not active. I know I sometimes feel rundown when I work in the office all day. The cure... get your ass to the gym you'll feel better. Mentally tired does not necessarily mean physically tired. A lot of times I get to the gym half asleep and always... I mean every time come out with a hop in my step feeling great.

kaashsindhu

kaashsindhu

Awards
Or maybe your just not energetic because your not active. I know I sometimes feel rundown when I work in the office all day. The cure... get your ass to the gym you'll feel better. Mentally tired does not necessarily mean physically tired. A lot of times I get to the gym half asleep and always... I mean every time come out with a hop in my step feeling great.

I agree with you that I am mostly drained out because I am not active but my problem is I can't just kick start gym or active life syle because I am completly drained out and energyless it is a visious circle that I need to break and that why I am seeking for help

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just get to the gym the rest will take care of itself.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would say eat enough carbs and keep your water intake high. Carbs = energy. If you have that down, look into White FLOOD. Thats a lemonade kick-in-the-ass for before the gym.

Quinn

Awards
dreamweaver is right, i had to stop working out because of a new job that like yours 8 or 9 hours at a desk and when i got back into it about a month later i never felt like i had the energy but after about a week or two of suffering youll notice real quick that youll start havin that energy when you hit the gym just fight through the shity part and everything else will just work itself out

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
it sounds like you're diet needs improving

maybe you could consider working out before work?

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I would say eat enough carbs and keep your water intake high. Carbs = energy. If you have that down, look into White FLOOD. Thats a lemonade kick-in-the-ass for before the gym.
I don't know about eating more carbs. He said the majority of his food is Indian, and that means high carbohydrate quantities. I'd look into balancing your meals more. Split them into 5-6 meals throughout the day. If you sit at a desk for 8-9 hours, this works out fine. You can fit in three meals while at work.

The best way to get back into it, is to man up and get back in the gym. If you can't stay dedicated enough to test it out for two weeks, then something else is holding you back boss. At that point, I'd try the doctor. But I really think it has nothing to do with physiology, more that you've admitted to being "tired" all the time and lacking energy (which to me is just a lack of motivation) and a crappy diet.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you are 36, not a kid anymore. take this into consideration and take it slow. start out with light cardio on treadmill or bike, and once a week throw in some light weights. remember your body won't react like it did when you were younger, even more so after being sedentary for a long time. your energy will slowly build and you can increase intensity-slowly. how many times have i heard-it's a marathon not a sprint. the main thing is like dreamweaver said, keep at it.

Ace5high

Ace5high

Awards
You must consider age as a factor also, its one thing to work 9-10 hours a day and go straight to the gym at night at 23 but in your mid/late 30's its gonna be a diff story...

I think the first thing you should do like said above is have some blood tests run to see about any potential issues you dont know about.

Particularly, have your Testosterone levels checked!

It sounds to me like you could have low test levels. diet and good supplements can help in this situation, but maybe you need to look into HRT, just another thought...

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
are the indian meals you eat made from scratch and are authentic or are they frozen processed microwave meals? if they are the microwave meals ones then they have a sh*tload of sodium and additives and too many will definitly slow you down.

good luck

kaashsindhu

kaashsindhu

Awards
Indian meals I eat are normally fresh cooked. Plus I understand my age factor and it may also be testotheron level that is decreasing. I am trying my best to go to gym but even when i hit the gym I will leave within 30 minutes few minutes of cardio even at lowest possible resistance make me dead down. but will keep trying I was thinking if any energy supplement that can provide me some kick atleast in first few days after that it may be possible I become more active and get less tired.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
it might pay to go and see a doctor and get some blood tests done

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it might pay to go and see a doctor and get some blood tests done
I guess it can't hurt, but my feeling is that it is more of a mental block. You never know, though....

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I guess it can't hurt, but my feeling is that it is more of a mental block. You never know, though....
it's a good possibility that's what it is however it's a good idea to cover all bases

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's a good possibility that's what it is however it's a good idea to cover all bases
Yes your right but I would bet that low levels and lethargy are a direct result of bad diet and lack of exercise...

kaashsindhu

kaashsindhu

Awards
Thanks to all of you. You guys have been great help to me I am planning to schedule appointment with my Doctor also trying my best to push myself to gym even if I do very minor exercise there.

Right now I am just trying to spend 10 to 20 minutes on tredmil or eliptical with easiest possible level.
ad doing some Bench press and ab crunches

If I will be successful for a week or more I might ask you guys to make some starter plan for me. That could help me in right direction.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One trick I have used over the years to get myself to the gym is I tell myself, "you dont have to work that hard just get to the gym and do what you can" knowing full well when I got there I was going to tear it up. Just get to the gym, and the world will turn.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
One trick I have used over the years to get myself to the gym is I tell myself, "you dont have to work that hard just get to the gym and do what you can" knowing full well when I got there I was going to tear it up. Just get to the gym, and the world will turn.
Exactly. After those first couple sets, your in the zone. It's just a matter of getting there lol