ENDURANCE supps

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
In your honest opinion... if you had to create the perfect endurance stack, what would it consist of?

I was considering, cordygen5, body octane, and clout.

Any suggestions?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Purple WRAATH / GlycerGROW / Cordygen5

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me P-slin really upped my endurance. For endurance events look into something like poseidon to help replace electrolytes or possibly swell.

MacTech

MacTech

Awards
  • Established
Citrulline Malate and Beta Alanine. Get it in bulk and save $$$.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Perseverance, Determination and Stubournness... works every time. lol No supp can compare to good old fassioned pig headedness.

Last edited:
MacTech

MacTech

Awards
  • Established
Peseverance, Determination and Stubournness... works every time. lol No supp can compare to good old fassioned pig headedness.

Without that to begin with, taking supplements is useless. Those are necessities. :)

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Peseverance, Determination and Stubournness... works every time. lol No supp can compare to good old fassioned pig headedness.
That is the truth! no supplement will up your ability to push through it if you don't have the balls to make it happen.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In your honest opinion... if you had to create the perfect endurance stack, what would it consist of?

Any suggestions?
You got it covered there, that's the ultimate. You can cut cost by taking creatine mono instead of Clout, there's overlap between Clout and BO.

Add in NOW Rhodiola.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Any suggestions?
complex carbs about an hour or so before workout

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
you could replace the cordygen5 with cordygenv02 if you wanted also.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Cordygen VO2 + Body Octane (+ BCAA's + Cytomax).

jdev

Awards
  • Established
How would yall dose the Rhodiola for endurance increase?
I have the NOW version.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but there's also physical limits ur body has that no matter how strong ur mind is ur body will fail, hence the supplementation will extend that endurance. not everything is mental
Most people never come anywhere near their limits. Supplements will not significantly enhance your abilities in the gym, they may put you in a state of mind where you feel like you can do more. For those who can reach their limits then they should not be going beyond them, it won't help their gains any. Less is more sometimes. (unless your on steroids). I still say the mind is stronger than any supplement that aids in endurance.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How would yall dose the Rhodiola for endurance increase?
I have the NOW version.
Clinicals suggest a total of 500mg (min. 3% Rosavins and min. 1% Salidrosides) daily. The NOW product delivers 500mg per capsule at the right standardization. This is significant! Rhodiola is not Rhodiola! One not only needs Rhodiola Rosea, but must be sure that this has the standardization shown earlier, as this matches the potency of rhodiola-rosea actives used in clinical studies. So, for endurance purposes (rhodiola rosea dramatically and dose-dependently boosts ATP/phosphocreatine synthesis), one could do 500mg (one capsule) twice daily. One dose should be about 45 minutes to 60 minutes pre-endurance activity.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If one is looking for an endurance stack, it might be a challenge to beat Cordygen-VO2 (also contains Rhodiola Rosea), Carnage (also contains Beta Alanine; actually one of the cheapest beta-alanine sources around), Citruvol-XS (also contains Citrulline Malate), and Anabolic Pump...

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
but there's also physical limits ur body has that no matter how strong ur mind is ur body will fail, hence the supplementation will extend that endurance. not everything is mental
Yes. Everything is mental. Good mood will increase REM sleep, increase recovery, and endurance. This is better than any supplement.

But yeah, a good lactic acid buffer like CM will help ;)

lector606

lector606

Awards
Swell has been an excellent performance aid for me. It took a couple of weeks but I notice a marked increase in the time it takes for me to get significant lactic acid buildup.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Cordygen VO-2 + Bulk Beta-Alanine + Bulk Citrulline Malate + POSEIDON FTW!!!

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Poseidon never worked for me. I was taking it preWO for a while, but i didn't bother bringing it with me to college. However, it may work better for Biking and such.

Xtend, proCarnosine (Beta-Alanine), CorygenVO2, Cordygen 5, Rhodiola, Poseidon FTW!!

jdev

Awards
  • Established
swell actually looks good but kinda expensive. However i don't really care for AAKG. But there is no glutamine or Valine, which are pretty much useless components in Xtend. you trade one for the other i guess

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
If one is looking for an endurance stack, it might be a challenge to beat Cordygen-VO2 (also contains Rhodiola Rosea), Carnage (also contains Beta Alanine; actually one of the cheapest beta-alanine sources around), Citruvol-XS (also contains Citrulline Malate), and Anabolic Pump...

is cordygen one of those things where you can never have to much of it? Because I know the Citrovul-XS also contains cordygen5 in it and then you were recommending the Cordygen-VO2...

is there a difference in the two cordygen products?!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know the thing I have to wonder about endurance supplementation is that as time goes by I have found more and more that I make more progress when I actually curb my desire to do more in the gym. So what I am trying to say is that without any endurance supplementation whatsoever my tendancy is to overtrain. I have to believe that many of us are like this.

So why would endurance supplementation be used. I guess it's just to make you feel better in the gym. I can understand that I guess, enhance the iron buzz...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
is cordygen one of those things where you can never have to much of it? Because I know the Citrovul-XS also contains cordygen5 in it and then you were recommending the Cordygen-VO2...

is there a difference in the two cordygen products?!
Cordyceps certainly should not be overdosed, as this may not necessarily add incremental value. Simply put, Citruvol-XS is a citrulline-malate product with some cordyceps. Cordygen-VO2 is considerably more potent than Cordygen5. The beauty of Cordygen-VO2, though, is that the dosage can be varied between three capsules per day and six per day. This means that someone using Citruvol-XS can dose it (Citruvol-XS fully) and adjust Cordygen-VO2 accordingly.

WickedGirl

WickedGirl

Awards
A perfect endurance stack for me would contain OCTACOSANOL (at 3mg or higher and from wheat germ), Beta Alanine, Citrulline and ATP.

Most importantly, the product would be in a true extended release format. Not since the days of Muscle Tech's ThermiCore has a product been produced in a TRUE extended release format. :(

(by TRUE extended release, I mean that I can tell the product is working ten+ hours later, not some crappy 4 to 6 hour time frame)

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
swell actually looks good but kinda expensive. However i don't really care for AAKG. But there is no glutamine or Valine, which are pretty much useless components in Xtend. you trade one for the other i guess
why does everybody buy xtend. purple wraath is the same thing but cheaper and u get 90 servings per container. or 45 in the smaller one and u don't dose it according to your weight cause that's just pointless

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A perfect endurance stack for me would contain OCTACOSANOL (at 3mg or higher and from wheat germ), Beta Alanine, Citrulline and ATP.

Most importantly, the product would be in a true extended release format. Not since the days of Muscle Tech's ThermiCore has a product been produced in a TRUE extended release format. :(

(by TRUE extended release, I mean that I can tell the product is working ten+ hours later, not some crappy 4 to 6 hour time frame)
so how long are u in the gym that you would need anything that would last more than a few hours? the longer the product is in ur body the faster u get used to it.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
Perseverance, Determination and Stubournness... works every time. lol No supp can compare to good old fassioned pig headedness.
:goodpost:....and the song 'determined' by mudvayne!!!:hammer:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"So what I am trying to say is that without any endurance supplementation whatsoever my tendancy is to overtrain. I have to believe that many of us are like this."

Agreed 100%. Due some illnesses, a minor surgery etc, I've pretty much been taking the year off of lifting. It's opened up my eyes to just how overtrained I was. This is showing up in many ways but mainly better sleep, more endurance both mental and physical and my body just feels better. IMO, overtraining is a silent nemesis and yes, supplements kind of encourage it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"So what I am trying to say is that without any endurance supplementation whatsoever my tendancy is to overtrain. I have to believe that many of us are like this."

Agreed 100%. Due some illnesses, a minor surgery etc, I've pretty much been taking the year off of lifting. It's opened up my eyes to just how overtrained I was. This is showing up in many ways but mainly better sleep, more endurance both mental and physical and my body just feels better. IMO, overtraining is a silent nemesis and yes, supplements kind of encourage it.
Yah my injury has shown me some things too, here I am training half as much and I would have to say that my results seem a little better. The one thing I never change though INTENSITY! It would be no fun without it anyway.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
why does everybody buy xtend. purple wraath is the same thing but cheaper and u get 90 servings per container. or 45 in the smaller one and u don't dose it according to your weight cause that's just pointless
First of all lets look @ price

PW: $53 @NP
Xt: $39 @NP

$14 difference

Lets look carefully At the Ingredient Profiles

Purple Wraath
Servings:90
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 10 mg 50%
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) 10 mg 500%
Potassium (as Citrate) 67 mg 2%
PurplEAA Complex 7,000 mg **
L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Lysine, L-Arginine, L-Histidine, L-Threonine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine
PurplEndurance Complex 2,700mg
Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Betaine Anhydrous, Ginger (from root), L-Norvaline

So what useful things do we have here. (some is approximated b/c of proprietary blending)
2.5g Leucine is a very generous guess. It probably is 2g.

2.5g Leucine - Useful
1.25g IsoLeucine - I believe IsoLeucine has the same properties as Leucine so useful
1.25g Valine - (Useless if high protein diet)
2gs of the other (mostly useless if you have a high protein diet) BCAAS
1g BA (underdosed)
1g CM
20mg Norvaline (Useful to get pumped but not much else)

Xtend 90 servings
Vitamin B6 (as Pyroxidine HCI) 10mg 167%
L-Leucine 3.5g **
L-Glutamine 2.5g **
L-Isoleucine 1.75g **
L-Valine 1.75g **
Citruline Malate 1g **

ONE FULL GRAM MORE Of Leucine per serving. 1.5g if you count more Isoleucine.
Also Xtend contains Glutamine which enhances absorption in the gut, if im not mistaken.

Only taking one scoop of PW is a severly underdosed amount of Leucine.

Also "Dosing to weight is pointless" ? What?
If you have more muscle, you need more leucine there to prevent that greater amount of muscle from catabolism. I agree with you only if the person is severly overweight (fat not muscle)

In other news,
Try Extreme Streching after your workouts. It really does help w/ recovery.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Also what octacosanol product do you use WickedGirl?

WickedGirl

WickedGirl

Awards
jsp0882...I am not worried about just in the gym. I need my supplements to allow me to perform all day at work and then to still have the endurance to GO to the gym. Also, I have never developed a tolerance to any simple dietary supplements such as aminos, non-stimulating herbs etc. In fact, I never developed a tolerance to ephedra. I always took less than the recommended dosage, so I guess I never developed the tolerance issues.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
jsp0882...I am not worried about just in the gym. I need my supplements to allow me to perform all day at work and then to still have the endurance to GO to the gym. Also, I have never developed a tolerance to any simple dietary supplements such as aminos, non-stimulating herbs etc. In fact, I never developed a tolerance to ephedra. I always took less than the recommended dosage, so I guess I never developed the tolerance issues.
ephedra doesn't stay in ur system very long. if ur tired all the time try taking reset AD and when u take ur pre workout drink you'll have a ton of energy. u shouldn't need a supplement just to get through the entire day. only thing i know what would do that is clen.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First of all lets look @ price

PW: $53 @NP
Xt: $39 @NP

$14 difference

Lets look carefully At the Ingredient Profiles

Purple Wraath
L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Lysine, L-Arginine, L-Histidine, L-Threonine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine
Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Betaine Anhydrous, Ginger (from root), L-Norvaline

So what useful things do we have here. (some is approximated b/c of proprietary blending)

2.5g Leucine - Useful
1.25g IsoLeucine - I believe IsoLeucine has the same properties as Leucine so useful
1g BA (underdosed)
1g CM

Xtend 90 servings
Vitamin B6 (as Pyroxidine HCI) 10mg 167%
L-Leucine 3.5g **
L-Glutamine 2.5g **
L-Isoleucine 1.75g **
L-Valine 1.75g **
Citruline Malate 1g **

ONE FULL GRAM MORE Of Leucine per serving. 1.5g if you count more Isoleucine.
Also Xtend contains Glutamine which enhances absorption in the gut, if im not mistaken.

Only taking one scoop of PW is a severly underdosed amount of Leucine.

Also "Dosing to weight is pointless" ? What?
If you have more muscle, you need more leucine there to prevent that greater amount of muscle from catabolism. I agree with you only if the person is severly overweight (fat not muscle)

In other news,
Try Extreme Streching after your workouts. It really does help w/ recovery.
is it always that price or is it just on sale? but u have to take like 6 scoops it doesn't last that long.

WickedGirl

WickedGirl

Awards
jdev...I like the Twin Lab Octacosanol, but, I am about to try a brand that has 20mgs that I recently stumbled across.

Why do I like it so much? Back when I was in the Navy, I used to HATE my PT tests even though I trained in the gym on weights and cardio for about 4 to 6 hours per day. I just hated running. Wel,, I came across info on Octacosanol one day and it mentioned increasing endurance. So, I took some right before my next PT test, which happened to be within a few days of me finding the Octacosanol. Well.....let me say this. This is not a stim. What this is is something that simply takes your usual endurance wall, wherever that may be, and moves it. Wherever you usually want to stop training (in my case running), you suddenly find yourself able to keep going with no apparent extra effort at all. It was quite spectacular. I even sprinted at the end of my mile and a half run (if you know me and running, you know that is amazing).

WickedGirl

WickedGirl

Awards
jsp....I thank you for the info, but there is nothing like a properly formulated extended release supplement. Keeping levels of anything in your blood on a nice even keel cannot be beat. If a supp company makes extended release products, be it vitamin B, feverfew or a stim, I am on it like a fly on poo.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
is it always that price or is it just on sale? but u have to take like 6 scoops it doesn't last that long.
At your weight its only 4 scoops (2 servings)
Thats over 3 months, working out 3x a week.

Im training for a mile bike race that happens in april. I think octacosanol might help.
So you took 4 tabs of twinlab octacosanol before running?

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
At your weight its only 4 scoops (2 servings)
Thats over 3 months, working out 3x a week.

Im training for a mile bike race that happens in april. I think octacosanol might help.
So you took 4 tabs of twinlab octacosanol before running?
i train like 5 days a week

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
jsp....I thank you for the info, but there is nothing like a properly formulated extended release supplement. Keeping levels of anything in your blood on a nice even keel cannot be beat. If a supp company makes extended release products, be it vitamin B, feverfew or a stim, I am on it like a fly on poo.
go balls out and get the clen haha. you'll be wired for hours on end

WickedGirl

WickedGirl

Awards
Hey jdev....
Actually, at the time, I only took 2000mcg and noticed a huge difference. Note that Octacosanol is measured in micrograms and not so much milligrams. 1000mcg equal 1mg (you probably already know that) so if you get the TwinLab, which is currently an 8000mcg dose, you are already doing well. I have seen reference to not taking more than 20,000mcg per day, but since this seems like a harmless extract from wheat germ oil, sugar cane or spinach, I don't see why there would be a limit on it.

If I were you, I would start with one 8,000mcg dose one half hour before beginning your training to see how your tolerance goes or if it works for you.

Also, I noticed that it is an ingredient in White Flood, in case that helps. I do not know how much is provided in the mix, and if it were me, I would certainly add more. Since it is a member of a "proprietary blend" in White Flood, and as a supp that is not well known, I would believe that there is not much Octacosanol in the mix. I do give Controlled Labs props for including it though. I just can't use White Flood because of the all day after-taste the artificial sweetener they use gives me. Not the Sucralose....the acesulfame potassium. God I hate that crap. White Flood is a fabulous blend otherwise. It would be one of my faves if not for that sweetener.

Octacosanol will be perfect for your bike training. Keep in mind you will not feel it after you take it at all. It is only when you hit the place where you normally kiss the wall in your endurance that you will suddenly go, "Aha!" I will say that when I used this, it was when I had never taken any other stims before. I wonder if taking other stims would over-shadow the benefits from the Octacosanol?

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i saw it in white flood its somewhere between 2mg and 20mg.

Ill definitely get the Twinlab version when it gets closer to the race. I want to see what i can do on my own w/o help from endurance supps first. Thanks for your help.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Purple Wraath

2.5g Leucine - Useful
1g BA (underdosed)
1g CM
To be clear, I am neither recommending Purple Wraath nor Xtend. I just wanted to react to your comments I underlined.

L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine are BCAAs, as we all know. No BCAA is useless! So, valine, even at your estimated 1.25g, is definitely not useless, even if your diet is high in proteins. In fact, one can apply your argument to all free-form amino acids and cease supplementing them additionally.

These 2g you estimated include some essential amino acids (EAAs), not BCAAs. I am referring to L-Lysine, L-Threonine, L-Methionine, and L-Phenylalanine. The other four EAAs are not included. L-Arginine is a conditionally essential amino acid (depending on the physiological state of an individual, it may be essential or non-essential). L-Histidine (along with Beta-Alanine) is a carnosine precursor. For carnosine synthesis, only very small amounts (probably 100mg or so) of L-Histidine may be supplemented additionally, if at all, so it does not negatively impact the blend here.
In any case, consuming tonnes of Leucine or the other BCAAs (Isoleucine and Valine) is counter-productive, if the other essential amino acids are not available. The BCAAs, especially Leucine, trigger protein synthesis. But protein synthesis cannot be completed without the other essential amino acids. So, these amino acids in this blend are not useless, even if your diet is protein-rich. Amino acids do not remain in your system indefinitely, even casein constituents. This means you need to take them along with your BCAAs to be sure they are available when your body needs them.

Norvaline has several functions. In this blend, its role is to stabilize arginine levels, so vasodilation can be sustained. "Getting pumped" is useful. Without enhanced vasodilation ("pump"), muscle cells cannot be flooded with oxygen-rich blood full of nutrients required for cellular repair and growth!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
There's no useless amino acids, they all play a roll in protein synthesis, muscle preservation and endurance among other things.

The ingredients in PW were designed to work synergistically with eachother.

For example you said 'Norvaline is good for a pump not much else.' Actually norvaline increases arginine concentrations which, as we know help shuttle nutrients into your muscle and increase GH.

I could go on about the other ingredients but it's a moot point. The product has had lots of positive feedback for recovery and endurance, and when you see 7000mg+ of EAA plus 2000mg of extras to WORK SYNERGISTICALLY with only ONE scoop, the product speaks for itself.

I'm sure either way you'll get hyyuggeeee :)
RR

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm still not sure why this thread went past this. ^ Nothing beats that combo, I've used those myself.

It's crazy that Clout and BO came out 3-4+ years ago, and nothing has really surpassed them. Go MAN! I wish they were sponsors here.