So many options

jfear

Awards
Hello every one. Well recently I started biking. From there I was ready to go to the next level then the next. Now I'm ready to starting taking body building seriously. But there are so many options out there:frustrate. So many look great and I want them all but I can only afford a few. Any input would be great. Currently I take 2 protine shakes (E.A.S.) , mega men sport vitamin, papya, and will be getting some sort of creatine soon. I was thinking of adding CLA and Tribulus.
Thanks for all you input

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
1st off there are better vits then mega man for less avoid GNC if possible. take BCAA and electrolytes for sure since your a biker they will help with your stamina definetly. make sure you keep hydrated and i would also say take in a fair amount of carbs and calories along with protein ot help bulk and have enough energy for those hard biking days. get good sources of calcium and magnesium as well. and stock up on the b vitamin complex

jfear

Awards
Thanks, what should I look for in the right vit? I'm not just looking to improve biking more for building muscle.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i would look for a whole food based multi. much better obsorption. high in b vitamins. look for some called source natural, or alive. we sell them at VS and they are good whole food quality vits

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
mega man is a decent vitamin same as ours called ultimate man. but they are just generic you can get them whole food mens 1 daily though

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I agree look into BCAA/EAA products and a good multi

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
I want to limit the supps too i think if i had to pick 3 i would have:

protein
fish oil
creatine

Then if i had some more money i would get BCAAS and WMS

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I want to limit the supps too i think if i had to pick 3 i would have:

protein
fish oil
creatine

Then if i had some more money i would get BCAAS and WMS
id choose Aminos over creatine, but thats me

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
for sure since he is a biker i would def go with aminos over creatine. he will need to stay hydrated as much as he can and for alot of people, they just dont drink enough water even while on creatine

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
for sure since he is a biker i would def go with aminos over creatine. he will need to stay hydrated as much as he can and for alot of people, they just dont drink enough water even while on creatine
I think he's stopping the competitive biking and looking into bodybuilding now INSTEAD of biking. I could be mistaken that's just what i got from the post.

jfear

Awards
I still like the biking but my focus is more on building now.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty much the other way around from you. Ive been BBing for a few years on and off, and am now starting biking.
For Bodybuilding, The most important things to get a good workout are
Beta-Alanine
BCAAs(Specifically Leucine)
Citrulline Malate
Possibly a stimulant if you like

And a high Protein diet. Thru shakes or proper food. 1.5-2g per lb of bodyweight per day.

For Biking I also like the same things plus others.

For biking endurance ive heard really good things about CordygenVO2. When I start racing for real (1 mile sprint variety) im gonna buy a bottle of CordygenVO2 and Cordygen5, taking the Cordygen5 as a regular supplement and VO2 prior to races and timings.

Right now im beating the **** out of my legs by training them almost every day (4-5x a week) with either Biking or weight training. Hopefully that will also help my endurance.
Currently I can only get about 1/3mi@25mph avg and 1/2mi@24mph avg. I think i can do about 20 or 21 for a full mile on a good day. It has to be upped to 25avg for a full mile.