Your take on CEE vs MONO

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Well i have read up on something that has me left curious. I have read studies that say Creatine Estle Ether is no better than Creatine Monohydrate. But, I also have read of people loosing up to 40% of their gains on after monohydrate versus 20% loss of Creatine Estle Ether. Also my dad has been looking for creatine and he is also taking Methyl 1-d at the moment just to get him back to par. I wasnt really able to give a good answer to him as to the difference and why people prefer CEE or CM...So help me out!

-Which do you prefer?
-Why Do you prefer it?
-what were your best gains, and loss?

Have a good one, Tex:twisted:

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Ive used alot of different types of creatine over the years and the first was just bulk creatine mono, and it didnt work at all, it just gave me the shits, which is a common side with mono if your body doest absorb it correctly, when it goes into your intestines it draws extra water in there. I tried CEE right after and the added absorbtion benefits really seemed to work for me, I got great gains and have used it for years. Recently though I have tried kre alkalyn, and it seems to be working amazingly. Im on a cut right now and have come down nicely from 215 to about 190 over about 12 weeks, and I have been making steady strength gains, I reach some kind of personal best every week on some lift, even tho my carbs are are about 100 grams a day most days, so I would definately recommend kre alkalyn as well, it is after all only creatine mono PH balanced.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I've used CEE pills at 5g pre and post workout, and 5g CM pre and post (with some Chromium Picolinate, Taurine and some BCAAs), and personally the CM was much more effective than the CEE. I never really minded the mild bloat. Sometimes when I was consistently on CM, I'd forget to take it sometimes before I worked out and I felt much less energized and able to finish strong when lifting. However, my results may be somewhat skewed, because I never used the taurine, BCAAs and CP with the CEE.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
mono works for me and its cheap so I might as well stick with whats cheap if it works.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well i have read up on something that has me left curious. I have read studies that say Creatine Estle Ether is no better than Creatine Monohydrate. But, I also have read of people loosing up to 40% of their gains on after monohydrate versus 20% loss of Creatine Estle Ether. Also my dad has been looking for creatine and he is also taking Methyl 1-d at the moment just to get him back to par. I wasnt really able to give a good answer to him as to the difference and why people prefer CEE or CM...So help me out!

-Which do you prefer?
-Why Do you prefer it?
-what were your best gains, and loss?

Have a good one, Tex:twisted:
20 and 40% loss in gaines? is that because mono bloats u up more so in turn u lose 20% more water than with CEE. try them out they're both cheap and see what u like better. if u get CEE bulk powder make sure u can cap it, tastes like battery acid.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
mono wins the price, effectiveness, and taste categories.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Mono, The creatine, not the sickness. It is cheap, works, and I don't bloat from it.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
From what I hear they are both about equally effective. I use 2CM (DiCreatine Malate) with Taurine and sometimes CreaPure(Mono).

Also i think there was an issue with CEE causing kidney toxicity (of course only with people who were already prone to have it). If you are a responder to Creatine Mono, id say just stick with that.

You can get 100g of 2CM, CEE, CM for between 3 and 5 bucks at NP, to try out. see which has a better effect. Its somewhat subjective. For the 2CM, definately get Taurine to go with it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
20 and 40% loss in gaines? is that because mono bloats u up more so in turn u lose 20% more water than with CEE. try them out they're both cheap and see what u like better. if u get CEE bulk powder make sure u can cap it, tastes like battery acid.
i have used them bot plenty of times, and others. just curious as to why so may people diss and prefer one or the other

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
For creatine to effectively absorb into your muscles, you NEED a delivery system. CEE and Kre-Alk come with them built in but with mono you must create an insulin surge through consuming carbs. If you just take it by itself, you will **** it out. The only way you effectively get mono to your muscles is when you put it in a shake with WMS or dextrose.

This is a fact.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thats the kind of info im looking for to be able ot throw to him. i have a bunch of neovar and i gave him it and green mag. told him to choke down them carbs.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have used them bot plenty of times, and others. just curious as to why so may people diss and prefer one or the other
because thats what they've taken and what works for them. i've never seen any difference between any type of creatine. some people probably bash on something they've never tried before too. everyones different and people react to the same things differently so to ur question i don't think there is an answer.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
For creatine to effectively absorb into your muscles, you NEED a delivery system. CEE and Kre-Alk come with them built in but with mono you must create an insulin surge through consuming carbs. If you just take it by itself, you will **** it out. The only way you effectively get mono to your muscles is when you put it in a shake with WMS or dextrose.

This is a fact.
YESSIR!, That is why I take my post workout Creatine with both Dex and WMS plus a little BCAA's and yeah C'mon.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Mono. No question IMO.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Yeah But I use the WMS as a aid in transportation, and the dextrose to "feed", Along with the BCAA"s and Creatine it is actually used by several people here.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
One does nothing for me (CEE)

and

One does nothing for me except gives me the poopsiewoopsies (Mono)

Questions?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
cool cool. CM just tends to kinda bloat me and it tastes like plastic kinda

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I find the more 'advanced' creatines work better for me, such as Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Di creatine malate.

CEE didn't do much for me, and mono just made me bloat.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I find the more 'advanced' creatines work better for me, such as Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Di creatine malate.

CEE didn't do much for me, and mono just made me bloat.
dude u can't just go around promoting all controlled labs stuff. nobody is going to believe u

JJC

Awards
  • Established

This is a fact.
I read a study that said that it wasn't the insulin spike that was the major contributor to creatine transport, but salt was. Granted, the insulin spike will help uptake of anything into cells (including fat cells) but I'll try to find it tonight when I get home from work...

Oh and creatine monohydrate ftw. I'm still not convinced that CEE, et al actually are proven to be better than CM. CM works, there's no doubt about that. If you're having intestinal issues, you need to keep taking it to get past that point (and start at smaller doses; you might be using too much).

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I read a study that said that it wasn't the insulin spike that was the major contributor to creatine transport, but salt was. Granted, the insulin spike will help uptake of anything into cells (including fat cells) but I'll try to find it tonight when I get home from work...

Oh and creatine monohydrate ftw. I'm still not convinced that CEE, et al actually are proven to be better than CM. CM works, there's no doubt about that. If you're having intestinal issues, you need to keep taking it to get past that point (and start at smaller doses; you might be using too much).
i've seen that study some where to

jdev

Awards
  • Established
MCC has been proven to have the same effectiveness as CM. Though Gluconate i believe was supposed to have increased absorption.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
Errr, I'm confused by the salt thing. Is there somehow salt in carbs? Should I be downing a teaspoon with my shake or something?

Please elaborate :p

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mono for me. While i don't see the most noticeable results i still don't buy all the hype of the other creatines. Taking the mono with p-slin/ap gave me the best results tho(so i look forward to using my neo recomp next month)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
nice to know guys keep the responses commin!