Joint Health; Omega-3, Glucosamine, or Cissus?

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
I've always taken a heavy dose of Glucosamine with MSM for joint health, but recently I've been doing a new bench routine which consists of 8 heavy singles and then a 5x5, and have been having some joint pain (shoulder). Yesterday I picked up a bottle of Omega-3 and started to run 6000mgs daily. I've never tried Cissus, up until now Glucosamine has taken pretty good care of me.

My question to you guys is which of the three do you take, or what combination, and what kind of results have you noticed?

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I've always taken a heavy dose of Glucosamine with MSM for joint health, but recently I've been doing a new bench routine which consists of 8 heavy singles and then a 5x5, and have been having some joint pain (shoulder). Yesterday I picked up a bottle of Omega-3 and started to run 6000mgs daily. I've never tried Cissus, up until now Glucosamine has taken pretty good care of me.

My question to you guys is which of the three do you take, or what combination, and what kind of results have you noticed?
Take animal flex + cissus.
The animal product got everything you need and a very decent price

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
Take animal flex + cissus.
The animal product got everything you need and a very decent price
I've taken several Universal Nutrition products in the past and I'm not a big fan of theirs.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I've taken several Universal Nutrition products in the past and I'm not a big fan of theirs.
bro , believe me you cant go wrong with animal flex, but if you`re sceptical check SAN bone boost also

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
bro , believe me you cant go wrong with animal flex, but if you`re sceptical check SAN bone boost also
Yeah just wanting to keep it simple and cheap, and get feedback from others.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I use my multi vitamin, contains a joint formula:
Glucosamine Sulfate And Chondroitin Sulfate

I've found the G&C combo works the best personally.

Nunchaku

Awards

Omega-3 + SuperCissus RX works for me!! I think glucosamine takes to long to start working.

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
I've been having much less joint pain since using Glucosacreme by VPX. Pro Joint works well too but the smell can be difficult to deal with. Fish oil will help to an extent. I still take Glucosamine/Chondriotin. Will be adding MSM/Celadrin supp. soon.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
I like the primaforce's elastamine. It has msm/glucosamine/chond/bromelain/manganese and vit c. I also use fish oil, about 5 grams/day. Lots of water and the only dairy I have is raw milk from a local farm.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Omega-3 + SuperCissus RX works for me!! I think glucosamine takes to long to start working.
glucosamine and MSM never did anything for me. Super Cissus RX has been a staple of mine for three years. And my joints haven't hurt since.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
glucosamine and MSM never did anything for me. Super Cissus RX has been a staple of mine for three years. And my joints haven't hurt since.
Have you ever used it in higher doses for recovery purposes? If so, have you had any results?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I have not needed to increase the recommended dosage of the omega-3's or the Cissus to get the desired effects. I am 40 and I was used to being sore after hard workouts but not anymore.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the great feedback guys! I must say that only a couple of days on Omega-3 and joint pain is almost non -existent. I'm rather suprised at how fast it has seemed to work. My workout today went great, and I did my heavy bench routine that I talked about previously. Feel Great!!!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I believe cissus only masks the symptoms and doesn't necessarily help your joints recover and rebuild. It does work, but only as an anti-inflammatory in my eyes. Once you stop taking it, your discomfort immediately comes back.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
I have not needed to increase the recommended dosage of the omega-3's or the Cissus to get the desired effects. I am 40 and I was used to being sore after hard workouts but not anymore.
Sounds pretty impressive, so do you lift heavy?

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
I believe cissus only masks the symptoms and doesn't necessarily help your joints recover and rebuild. It does work, but only as an anti-inflammatory in my eyes. Once you stop taking it, your discomfort immediately comes back.
I have read that from a few other people as well.