Phenylethylamine psychoactive reports

Neuron

Neuron

Awards
Phenylethylamine having become recently available in high doses otc in the US has resulted in many reports of potent psychoactive effects in doses ranging from 1-4 grams.

The effects seem to be a blend of thc (which by itself can increase brain levels of PEA up to 4 times) and MDMA.

Noticed positive effects:

Increased focus
body/brain high/buzz/tingle
Very talkative
Feeling waves of warmth
Strong euphoria
Reduced nervous habits or fear reduction
Altered perception (lsd/dmt like in high doses)

Noticed negative effects (especially in higher doses or when used in high doses with an MAO-B inhibitor):

Sweating
Mild nausea
Mild increase heart rate and/or blood pressure
Stronger heart beat
Mild tightness in throat

Dosing for PEA (varies on body weight and tolerance)

1,000-4,000 mg on an empty stomach.
Takes 15-30 minutes kick in.
Generally effects last an hour and people feel in a great mood the rest of the day.
When the effects start to die down an additional 250-500 mg can be taken to have the effects kick in again this can be done several times during the day.
For a more intense effect increase any of the above doses by 250-500 mg.
Start with the lower doses and increase slowly this is key to insuring less side effects and the effects you want.

The highest dose reported at once is 3-4 grams and 5+ grams throughout the day.

Phenibut or baclofen can be used at anytime to reduce any side effects if too strong of a dose is taken.

Discuss.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is seriously interesting... For younger bb looking to keep away from drinking and drugs any mood lifter or sociablizing effect is highly desirable. one major trend in the BB comunity is some form of social or personal anxiety or lack of confidence so I really would love to find something to replace the now MIA g.

Neuron

Neuron

Awards
This is seriously interesting... For younger bb looking to keep away from drinking and drugs any mood lifter or sociablizing effect is highly desirable. one major trend in the BB comunity is some form of social or personal anxiety or lack of confidence so I really would love to find something to replace the now MIA g.
I agree. The feedback on BB is very interesting.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108292501
jeremyleinen

”2nd day on this stuff. I took it right before I left for work(1g), and it hit me as I was a couple miles from work. Had me feeling almost buzzed a little bit, highly euphoric, and my sense of everything was heightened. Kinda crazy. That slight weirdness only lasted 30 minutes maybe, and I felt pretty good the rest of the day.”

”So, I only went in to work about an hour early, when I fairly often go in 2 hours early on busy days like today. On top of all my usual stuff, I had to make some cauliflower vichyssoise for this weekend's soup, and a batch of chicken liver mousse for our charcuterie platter. Well, I got pretty busy in the dining room during service, so my boss was helping me plate up and was concerned about product needs, but I told him what all I had backups for and he responded by asking what the hell time I came in today. When I told him i was only in an hour early he was shocked with the amount of work I got done this afternoon- and I have the reputation of being the workhorse of the groupl(I'm sorta like that ox or whatever from "animal farm").

So, yeah, I guess this PEA really does do something for mental accuity. Thought I'd share that with you guys.”

”I've noticed that beyond the enhanced focus, I'm generally much easier going when I'm on this stuff. Which is good, since I'm generally a royal prick in the kitchen.”

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108314261

RooRooTJ

“Well switched to 2 500 mgs pills twice a day the last 3 days and have noticed some good results but a little side effect as well. I have taken then on an empty stomach and noticed that about 30 minutes after I took them, I got really focused, but a little numb. Almost like I was floating. I am only getting this feeling on my first dose of the day. It is not a bad feeling just a little odd. It goes away after about 15 minutes and then I can notice I am really focused and am on top of things. Noticed a big difference when I was flying this weekend too. It definetly made the airports easier to handle.”

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108307161
joakman

“Notes from today:
Took the 4 caps before breakfast to see if I would have the same feeling as yesterday. I ate immediately after taking them and about 15 minutes later. The buzzed, all over numbness hit me. I took a quick challenge for myself to see how my body would react. I banged out 6 perfect chin-ups very slowly, (barely could do 1 on a regular day) and had curled 115 lbs (something I would never attempt before, it was left like that in my weight room). I don't know if it gave me some superhuman strength or something, but it was pretty cool.”

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108368931
Norwegian

“2,000 mg (4 caps) consumed on an empty stomach.

- Definitely an increased euphoric/happy feeling with the added dosage. I was talkative, happy, and 'glowing.' Nothing can bring me down when I'm 'on' PEA, because even if I sense an argument coming, I find myself staying calm about it and instead 'agree to disagree' and present it very gently. It's quite the change for me, because normally I have a hard time avoiding argumentations, or I'll always want to win them, and the fights tend to get out of hand. PEA allows me to enter in to any daily action in a very relaxed and approachable manner. I don't stress about my chores, I simply do them and I feel good about it.

So far, PEA has been a very enjoyable compound to try out. I am looking forward to seeing its effects starting Monday morning, my first day in my cubicle internship.”

“I took 1,500 mg upon waking on an empty stomach, and felt anxiety-free, relaxed, and happy within the hour. That's the most prominent thing I've noticed from the PEA usage thus far; the decrease in anxiety. It's quite remarkable actually, I no longer fear situations I used to - first day at work, interviews, etc - and if a stressful situation arises, I'm able to cope with it without feeling bad or it taking over my mind entirely. I'm also less aggressive, or more correctly, it takes more for my cup to spill over. Since I began taking PEA, I haven't spilt over once actually.”

“5/5 star rating so far. PEA is a feel-good nootropic that keeps my confidence where it's supposed to be at. I've considered doing a 3-4 gram dosage at once to see its effects, but I don't want to run out of this anytime soon, and with those kinds of dosages, the supply won't be long lasting, something I want it to be ..”

“I took an additional 4 caps (2 grams) half an hour before hitting the road driving for an hour. 5 minutes in to my driving, I felt weird sensations on my body; sort of like a body high. Tingling in forarms and legs. Good sensations in my 'area.' Definitely got me wondering how this'd be before a bed-adventure ! After 15 minutes, I swear, I felt as if I was floating on a cloud. Every movement I made felt real 'fluid' for the lack of a better word. I felt GREAT! Awesome mood, I really wanted to tell someone about how I was feeling at the time, but I didn't feel like calling anyone. I just wanted to enjoy my body-high and see how long it lasted. About 40 minutes in, it started fading little by little. Within the hour mark, no more body high, but a mild, relaxing mood.”

“Honestly, I haven't taken anything that could measure up against this .. at least not legally .. PEA puts me in a fantastic and encouraging mood. I am the most approachable guy 'on' PEA, and I always want to talk. I did a tab (ecstacy) as a Junior in high school, and to be completely honest, that's as close to PEA as I could think of.”

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I would like to hear more reports too...

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Ive been reading the avantlabs thread mentioned. They seem to suggest a stack of Rhodiola, Phenibut, PEA+Hordenine would be really good. Since ive got all of those, i might have to try it. Ive felt a little more talkative since ive started taking PEA NutraCaps 2x a day.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Wow. From that advent labs forum:
"great!!! actually, with the right additions to the mix... PEA can be BETTER than methamphetamine.. I had an awsome night last night with ingestion of around 800 mg PEA throughout the night. pure intense euphoria w/o a crash. Your right however on it being semi-short lived. With each dose, the rush lasted around 2 and a half hours, then I was back to baseline relatively quickly. I, unfortunately, am very well familiar with euphoric illegal compounds and I can honestly say the feeling I had last night shoots right up there with MDMA/METH."

I'm going to add 25grams to my next nutraplanet order.

Is this the same PEA nutra is selling? To my understanding there's a few dif chemicals considered PEA. I'm pretty familiar with the psychedelics synthesized from it. 2ce, 2cb. Today is the first time I'm reading about PEA having psychoactive properties.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
PEA actually makes me violently angry... i take st johns wort and i think it interacts with it.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the stuff personally.

Kavinsky

Kavinsky

Awards
What are the sort and long term side effects?

Does it reduce your seratonin levels like MDMA?
Does it produce memory and concentration problems when used on a weekly basis like MDMA does?

What are the negatives....

ACSlayer

Awards
A friend of a friend told me from experience...that the PEA+ Grass combo really works well for an interesting euphoria. The guys at Avant discussed it's ability to selective work on Mao-B/PEA metabolism.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Its why PEA+ Hordenine has been the backbone of our stimulants for the last 4 years. When done right the effects can be awesome, which is why most say that Adrenalean feels like Adderall or Paxil.

Kavinsky

Kavinsky

Awards
bump

I find it amazing that a few people said it is comparable to MDMA. If that is the case, which I doubt there must be some negative sides.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
So you have to be taking a MAO-b to feel strong effects from this?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
to be fully honest I really do believe there are difference isotopes or versions of pea. My thoughts are based purely on anecdotal evidence though. Basic cuts from designer supplements has something in it that is just much stronger than any other pea I have tried. Now personally I still think it is not mind blowing but I can see how enough of THAT pea could be fun. I would like to mix it with selegelin to see how it works but the amphetamine backbone of that scares me as its metabolites could make me fail a drug test...

Neuron

Neuron

Awards
Thursday, 27 September, 2001, 00:50 GMT 01:50 UK
Why exercise cheers you up

Exercise benefits the mind as well as the body

Scientists may have identified a chemical which could explain why exercise is an anti-depressant.
Until now, it has not been clear why exercise has that effect.

But, doctors from Nottingham Trent University suggest the chemical phenylethylamine could play a part.

Phenylethylamine is a naturally produced chemical that has been linked to the regulation of physical energy, mood and attention.

Physical exercise has a valid place in the treatment and prevention of some mental health problems

Spokeswoman for Mind
An enzyme changes the chemical into phenylacetic acid. There is evidence that levels of both substances are low in the biological fluids of depressed patients.

In what are thought to be the first attempts to test the effects of exercise on levels of the chemical, the researchers found, overall, levels of the acid increased by 77% after exercise.

Exercise

Twenty healthy men, with an average age of 22 were tested.

All regularly did around four hours of moderate to hard aerobic and anaerobic exercise each week.

Before the study began, they refrained from exercise for a day, and a urine test was done to check for levels of levels of phenylacetic acid, the most accurate measurement of the chemical.

The next, the men exercised on a treadmill at 70% of their maximum heart rate capacity for 30 minutes.

Doctors chose that level because mood changes are commonly reported at that level.

The men were also asked to rate how hard they had found the exercise.

When urine levels were checked, it was found phenylacetic acid levels were increased in 18 out of the 20 participants.

Though the average increase in levels was 77%, the increases in individuals ranged from 14 to 572%.

But the highest rises were seen in two out of the three who had rated the exercise as hard

Research possibilities

The research team say though there may be many factors involved in the phenylacetic acid response, because its chemical structure is very similar to that of amphetamines, it may be that this chemical is part of a "runner's high", a phenomenon linked to natural endorphin activity in the brain.

They suggest phenylacetic acid could also be important because it can cross from the blood to the brain, something endorphins cannot do.

Dr Ellen Billet, who was one of the team of researchers from Nottingham Trent who carried out the research, told BBC News Online: "We felt there may be an effect of exercise on phenylethylamine."

GPs can prescribe a drug based on the chemical which is known to have beneficial effects on patients.

Dr Billet said: "We also know that moderate exercise has these beneficial effects.

"So we wondered 'what if this was how exercise works'".

She said more research needed to be done to develop their initial finding, including why different people's phenylethylamine levels are affected in different ways by exercise and if different kinds of exercise have the same effects.

But she said people should still exercise, because of its benefits on both mental and physical health.

"This could be used as and adjunct."

A spokeswoman for the mental health charity Mind said: "Physical exercise has a valid place in the treatment and prevention of some mental health problems.

"In a recent Mind survey of Cannons gym users, 75 % said they exercised to reduce their stress levels and 67% said they used exercise to maintain their mental health, like lifting 'low' moods.

"Mind is calling for all GPs to offer exercise sessions on prescription to patients with mental health problems, particularly as we know that most people with mental health problems don't know this non-drug 'treatment' option exists."

The research was published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
to be fully honest I really do believe there are difference isotopes or versions of pea. My thoughts are based purely on anecdotal evidence though. Basic cuts from designer supplements has something in it that is just much stronger than any other pea I have tried. Now personally I still think it is not mind blowing but I can see how enough of THAT pea could be fun. I would like to mix it with selegelin to see how it works but the amphetamine backbone of that scares me as its metabolites could make me fail a drug test...
thats what I do.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats what I do.
Are you subject to drug testing? Selegelin is a major cause of false positives for amphetamines and there is no good way to explain when you are taking an unprescribed medicine... especially for civil service...

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you subject to drug testing? Selegelin is a major cause of false positives for amphetamines and there is no good way to explain when you are taking an unprescribed medicine... especially for civil service...
Na i'm good.

Kavinsky

Kavinsky

Awards
Is this a neurotoxin?

I tried 2.5grams, the effects were ok. I would like to try 4-5grams next but I am unsure of the safety...

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
I tried an unmeasured amt in a gelcap prob no more than 100mg. Took it before work and noticed increased mood.. I was Mr. Smiley pants, usually not like that.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to try upping my Nutracap dosage this Friday night. I was finding that around 6 caps made me feel pretty damn good, especially combined with other Noots and stims, and lower doses of alcohol.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
This is a very interesting and informative thread. I'm gonna buy some PEA fo sho.