Beginner (READY FOR A CHANGE)

sgthe3rd

Awards
Hello All,
Looking for advice in starting a program that includes weight loss and lifting weights for an awesome body.

I have done some slight research on what to take but not sure what are the best products. So far this is what I have in mind.

--Fat Burner (preferably with forskolin)
--Vasodilator (or nitric oxide precursor—without caffeine if your fat burner has a lot)
--Branched-chain amino acids (2 to 5 capsules—take after you work out as well, if you can afford it)
--Phosphatidylserine (600 to 800 milligrams)

This is suggested from another site for maximum weight loss. However, what protein should I take as well as other supplements.

Currently, I am 5'9" at 235 lbs, way out of shape. I hope to be 190 to 200 with about 10 - 12 percent body fat.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i wouldn't jump into supplements right away. you'll achieve ASTOUNDING gains naturally in the beginning. all that time you spent reading about supps, you should have spent reading about foods.

the BCAA's are not too necessary if you have a protein powder with a good profile.

the fat burner is not necessary, as you will lose a TON of fat in the beginning WHILE putting on muscle. enjoy that while it lasts, cause it won't.

phosphatidyl serine is good for anyone, i think. cortisol modulation is good in general. but don't pop em like candy, cause lowering cortisol too much is no good. i'd say take one each day in the afternoon.

and as far as an NO product, you should just go with some AAKG.

actually, if you want a product that has all three of a fat burner, NO, and BCAA all in one, you may check out VPX NO Shotgun.

but again, you don't particularly NEED this stuff. but if you got the cash....

sgthe3rd

Awards
Thanks for the quick reply. I have though about the food and have lost 15 pounds in the last 2 months. Just by watching what I eat, drinking more water, and some cardio.

Again thanks for the reply. i plan to start the weight lifting this Monday.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
if you've never lifted weights before, you may wanna look into using hammer strength machines if they're available. they'll keep your form in check and allow you to build strength in your muscles/joints while teaching you good form. as for your rep scheme, i'd go relatively heavy and stick within the 6-10 rep range for most everything.

chaudry

chaudry

Awards
if you've never lifted weights before, you may wanna look into using hammer strength machines if they're available. they'll keep your form in check and allow you to build strength in your muscles/joints while teaching you good form. as for your rep scheme, i'd go relatively heavy and stick within the 6-10 rep range for most everything.
I'd go with that as a beginner and then probably stick a 4-6 rep set as my last one for each exercise. Remember when you reach 10 reps on an exercise while strength training, you're ready to bump up the weight :dance: