Bodybuilding and Training with Weights

mqzy

Awards
for a lot of exercises my right arm/leg is stronger than the left.
i am doing only dumbbell & bodyweight exercises.
is there a proper way to accomodate this?
right now i can curl probably 50lb w/ right and only 30 with left.
so i can undertrain the right and use the same weight on each arm, or is it ok to use heavier dumbbells on each side?
will i just keep the imbalance going if i do that?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
some people would say to do that. its natural though for one side to be stronger for most people. try using barbell

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
definitely work in the barbell into your curls and tricep exercises. I am only slightly stronger in my rt arm and I switch up between bb and db.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
definitely work in the barbell into your curls and tricep exercises. I am only slightly stronger in my rt arm and I switch up between bb and db.
x2. i love doing DB BB alternates with my excercises

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
x2. i love doing DB BB alternates with my excercises
DBs all the way for the most part. BB bench is terrible in all aspects. Even the straight bar curls wreak havoc on your wrists...

Texas, you obviously know what you're doing though homie... lol.

spigot

spigot

Awards
Learn to write and throw with your left hand. Learn to kick accurately with your left leg. For serious.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Learn to write and throw with your left hand. Learn to kick accurately with your left leg. For serious.
Actually I have the same issue...just not with as big of a gap. I only go as far with my right as I can with my left though. I do try to write with my left hand too now though, ironically it is sometimes better looking than my right hands.

Throwing will seem impossible, DO IT. It is partially about building a mental connection with that lesser arm. I also throw in like 1 extra rep on everything with my left arm. I dont think it will make a diff.

Then again I have a weird pain in my left outer arm I have had since I hurt it in wrestling in HS.. guessing I wil lsee a sports doc after im done with these supps and get it fixed LOL.

back on track though, use your left arm for everything. I bursh my teeth with it, drive with it, etc. Trying to learn to stir with. This is hard...

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only thing I can do well with my left hand is . . . .

play with boobies!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
It's natural to have some imbalance due to dominate vs. non dominate arm.

My advice is to keep training hard