speculation on cissus

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ok so this is purely from my experience only. Maybe other members have experienced something similar.
I take cissus and after a little while it kicks in, and pain goes away from areas where I have chronic inflammation. BUT once I stop taking cissus, pain returns.
I have incurred many sprains through training and I didnt feel as though cissus helped me heal any better or faster from those injuries.
It seems to me that cissus is realy just an anti inflamatory?
I never experienced any tendon or bone strengthening like all the hype claims!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much are you taking? How long have you taken it?

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have tried the recommended dose, to double and tripple the recommended doses. I have been using the bulk powders lately. All three regular, supper, and 50%.
I have been using cissus since USP first introduced it.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I mentioned this as well many times my friend. I take it and it kicks in after a couple days, then I stop taking it and the pain phases back about as quickly as it stopped in the first place.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
ok so this is purely from my experience only. Maybe other members have experienced something similar.
I take cissus and after a little while it kicks in, and pain goes away from areas where I have chronic inflammation. BUT once I stop taking cissus, pain returns.
I have incurred many sprains through training and I didnt feel as though cissus helped me heal any better or faster from those injuries.
well if it takes the pain and don't do any harm to those injuries maybe I have the solution, don't stop taking it...
no seriously my injuries (tendinitis) got better(but I don't fell them cured) with cissus and when I stop taking it I don't fell that they are worst so if is just an antiinflammatory without sides well its a pretty good one, another thing cissus is great for other things like cholesterol levels, I did some blood work and cissus really helped to get my levels in check

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One major revalation I had with Cissus was to use it directly before a workout on an empty stomach.

I was upping and upping my dosage with very little result. I thought I was totally screwed. then I started taking 2-3 of NP's 50% cissus caps before workout and my horrible shoulder started feeling better.

I know it is far from scientific but coming from someone with a long injury history I hope this can help even one person who has become stuck in their rehabing.

zed

zed

Board Supporter
Awards
it definately takes some time and consistentcy to feel the results and from my experience it helps things gradually get better. i think some people reinjure the areas of concern before they are completely healed due to the nature of bodybuilding injuries.(eg going to heavy , to fast when things start feeeling better)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, anti-inflamatory, anti-cortisol and the efficacy may certainly be transient. You may have injury that exceeds simple "strengthening supplementation".

You also need to consider that you have damage that a "band-aide' is not going to repair. If I get a gunshot wound and bleed to death because a band-aide didn't stop the bleeding there is no reason to blame the band-aide ;)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is definitely - conclusively, I would say - anti-inflammatory, anti-glucocoritcoidal, and so on.

No supplement, Cissus included, is going to heal an injury you constantly aggravate. I would bet my car that nobody in this thread ceased the motion causing them pain in the first place. That is like constantly tonguing a canker sore in your mouth, despite the fact you have put KankaSol on it; KS will numb the pain, and has ingredients to assist healing, but if you constantly inflame and reopen the wound, it will take longer.

If you want to see true reparative action - stop the movement which injured you in the first place!

;)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, anti-inflamatory, anti-cortisol and the efficacy may certainly be transient. You may have injury that exceeds simple "strengthening supplementation".

You also need to consider that you have damage that a "band-aide' is not going to repair. If I get a gunshot wound and bleed to death because a band-aide didn't stop the bleeding there is no reason to blame the band-aide ;)
Beat me to it you sly dog!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This affirms that you have taught me well.

The mentor learning from the apprentice. Figuratively speaking of course. We are all an apprentice if we possess the humility.