Citrulline Malate vs Di-L-Arginine-L-Malate - AnabolicMinds.com

Citrulline Malate vs Di-L-Arginine-L-Malate

  1. New Member
    jazzman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    288

    Reputation

    Citrulline Malate vs Di-L-Arginine-L-Malate


    Can someone help me, what's the difference between these two if any? I'm looking for a little boost in the pump/vas department. Anyone who's used one or the other please tell your experience(s).

  2. Senior Member
    BurghHardcore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    4506

    Reputation

    I've never used Di-L-Arginine-L-Malate, but for me, Citrulline always comes through with a decent pump and GREAT energy. Body Octane was especially effective in this area, along with the Beta-Alanine, an awesome product if you want to fork out the dough.
  3. New Member
    MacTech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    58
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    237

    Reputation

    My two favorite supps, CM and Beta Alanine. Much better than any NO product with good pumps and improved stamina.
    •   
       

  4. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2007

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzman21 View Post
    Can someone help me, what's the difference between these two if any? I'm looking for a little boost in the pump/vas department. Anyone who's used one or the other please tell your experience(s).
    U will get a better pump on di-arginine malate, you will get better results as in endurance, recovery etc. from Cit. Malate.
  5. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37730

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    U will get a better pump on di-arginine malate, you will get better results as in endurance, recovery etc. from Cit. Malate.

    x1000. In other words, if you want tangible results, use citrulline malate. If you want to look pretty, use any arginine.
  6. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2007

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    x1000. In other words, if you want tangible results, use citrulline malate. If you want to look pretty, use any arginine.
    correct
  7. Senior Member
    AnonyMoose's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Power
    769

    Reputation

    the first is good for strength/endurance - the latter will give you what you are looking for.
  8. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37730

    Reputation

    I wouldn't underestimate citrullines pumps. THey're not as big and hard as arginine, but they're good, plus you actually get a lot of benefit besides the pumps.
  9. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2007

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    I wouldn't underestimate citrullines pumps. THey're not as big and hard as arginine, but they're good, plus you actually get a lot of benefit besides the pumps.
    yeah u can get pumps from Cit. but u just need more Cit, but like I told someone over at bb.com, you dont take cit. just for a "pump." there are cheaper ways to get a "pump." Its better to use for endurance, etc..,
  10. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37730

    Reputation

    Good point.

    Chuck, a bit of a hijack: do you think there's any problem taking 3-4gr citrulline daily for extended periods? I take green tea, fish oil, curcumin, and Orange TRiad multi. Do you think there's any negative free-radical stuff going on?
  11. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2007

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Good point.

    Chuck, a bit of a hijack: do you think there's any problem taking 3-4gr citrulline daily for extended periods? I take green tea, fish oil, curcumin, and Orange TRiad multi. Do you think there's any negative free-radical stuff going on?
    Not sure, but with cit. malate its in the body anyway so its i dont think it will be adding something "foreign".

    A bit of a high jack back:

    I got a new product that will be out next month:

    3g Cit Malate
    3g Creatine Malate
    1.2g Beta Alanine

    + some other stuff......
    60 servings for about $34 at NP......u think thats a good deal?
  12. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854637

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    Not sure, but with cit. malate its in the body anyway so its i dont think it will be adding something "foreign".

    A bit of a high jack back:

    I got a new product that will be out next month:

    3g Cit Malate
    3g Creatine Malate
    1.2g Beta Alanine

    + some other stuff......
    60 servings for about $34 at NP......u think thats a good deal?
    I would try it.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. CEE/Arginine EE/Citrulline Malate loading phases
    By thepirate66 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 07:54 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in