Pre-Workouts

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Im helping me neighbor look for a basic supplement pre-workout. I know im excluding the wonderful RPM but thats because he is going into 9th grade and feels he must take something like all the other kids so im stuck between a couple:

-SuperPump 250
-Poseidon

what else?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Oats and whey an hour before training? ...Is he lifting in school or is his training before/after school? Nutrition's gotta be tuff when you're stuck in class for X hours and you can only eat during lunch.

I'd definately say keep it basic. If he can eat an hour before would AP be a possibility or would 14 be too young for that product?

Bulk Monohydrate and grape juice?
Maybe BCAAs + fast carbs for intra-workout?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i just have him on the basics right now. good eating. he does my exact workout but with his appropriate weight, and he takes creatine.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i forgot to put tht up there. but we loked at it for sure. i told him to go with the blue raz

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
yeah i would say throw some rag at him and he should be good to go.

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
no black power !!!!
i have taken nano vapor , no explode and NO shotgun ...

the black powder worked the best by far

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thats cuz those are all crap except for shotgun. thats why it worked best. haha. dont fall for marketing bud

J

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
just buy some arginine caps, caffeine caps, and maybe some creatine mono all at walmart or something...and crush up the caps mix it with the creatine and put some crystal light energy with it and itll be exactly like taking most preworkout things and only cost like 15dollars...hes real young so just get some cheap crap and mix it together for him...

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend something like Purple WRAATH or Xtend. Since he's young, aminos are safe and work very well. Some aminos + RPM would have him throwin that weight around!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend something like Purple WRAATH or Xtend.
You would recommend something like Purple WRAATH. :hammer: I can't argue, I've done the PW and liked it a lot.

If you're going to decide on ragnarok, are you going caffeine free?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thats what I would have said. Nothing wrong with some good old caffeine free rok. Thats what I use :) Warrior melon baby!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats what I would have said. Nothing wrong with some good old caffeine free rok. Thats what I use :) Warrior melon baby!
Don't listen to him. It's Blue Razz or nothing ;)

When I first used White Flood it gave me a good buzz (And the GABA rush was neat) but I found that my body adjusted to it after about 25 days on it. Try switching up a few so your body doesn't get adjusted to the same one. Have some Rag, RPM, etc :) Plus it makes good business for NP :hammer:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i have a bunch of RPM do you think thats safe for him at 8th grade? i mean i know its just a metabolic test simulator, but i think im just gonna have him go with superpump or rag instead.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
hey no qualms bro...blue razz is awesome too ;)

As far as RPM goes...how much caffeine does he take in already? Like...is he an avid soda drinker or anything? Too much caffeine at a young age is never safe.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
average amount for a kid i would assume, im not really sure

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
You should definitely find that out before even thinking about caffeine supps. I still personally wouldn't have him use anything caffeinated, but that's your call! Good Luck bro :)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thanks man. ive seen that renegade training thing in your sig. so you got a job their now? huh

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
thanks man. ive seen that renegade training thing in your sig. so you got a job their now? huh
I am going through the program learning all of the sports strength and conditioning as well as all of the things i'd need for personal training and group training. Took an 8 hour class yesterday and got my Kettlebell Certification..so the ball is rolling ;)

John Davies is one of the most knowledgable men i've ever met hands down!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You would recommend something like Purple WRAATH. :hammer: I can't argue, I've done the PW and liked it a lot.

If you're going to decide on ragnarok, are you going caffeine free?
I think aminos are the best for kids, something like Poiseden + Purple WRAATH would provide essential vitamins and aminos to fuel his workout, recovery and actually help with school too.

Ragnarok is a great product, I've used it and raved about it ... however I'd stick with the building blocks like aminos considering he just finished 8th grade. Just my 02

After all, someone his age could train very hard using only milk and a multi

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with the recommendations of Aminos+poseidon. At his age that is real basic and effective and i don't really see the need for him to be getting into pre-workout products and caffeinated products. Just my opinion good luck with what you decide to do! :)

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Swell from Nimbus is a good choice also. He can do that pre, post, or intra workout.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i already gave him aminos and vitamins so he is good on that part. along with the whey and a high carb,protein diet 40-40-20 split macro, and he is doing the same workout i do, just with his proportioned weight ratios. im actually having him start a log on here, because i told him he would get praised at being serious at the age of 13. the kid has some heart for sure.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
VasoCharge/Primal NO2 all the way. No comparison, plus you can pick up a tub for 18.99. Best pre-workout supp on the market that is caffeinated.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
That might be...but he's searching for things that are not caffeinated at this point I believe.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, at 13, nothing. There's no reason for him to be taking anything besides protein and a multi-vitamin at his age. And RPM should definitely be out of the picture - there's no legitimate reason to play around with t levels AT ALL when you're 14, even though there more than likely will be no consequences. Although I can't legally recommend anything, even if I could, I still wouldn't. Starting supplements at a young age is bad news, IMO, and can almost act as a gateway to "bigger" things to the younger, undeveloped mind who doesn't know any better.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A can of coke should do him fine - caffine and sugar

Make sure he eats heaps of eggs