I have been trying to figure out exactly what this compound is

5 Alpha-Androstane 3, 17 Dione

Can anyone give me some insight?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Dihydrotestosterone

Name: 5-alpha-androstene-3-one,17b-ol
Precursors: 5-alpha-androstane-3߬17ß*diol, 5-alpha-androstane-3,17-dione Forms: None

The word DHT must be running shivers down the spines of some experienced prohormone users. And I must say I wasn't too pleased with the invention of a prohormone that directly converts to DHT either. This is after all the stuff that was named as the main culprit in accelerated male pattern baldness, prostate hypertrophy, acne and increased facial and body hair growth. So why would anyone want to use straight DHT ? Well androgen related side-effects do not occur in everyone, usually only a percentage of people suffer from the severest side-effects. And other prohormones do exert these androgenic effects themselves to some extent as well. Either by converting to DHT or by stimulating androgen receptors in other ways. So the increased risk of using DHT isn't that much greater, unless of course you really have male pattern baldness (MPB), in which case using this product will leave you permanently bald after prolonged use. But the increased risk between this and a precursor to 1-testosterone or even testosterone is really not that great.

So what are the benefits of using DHT ? Are there any ? Well there are some, but I agree, not many. DHT and its derivatives do play an important role in the success of testosterone based products. Mainly in the neuromuscular department. Many of the strength related effects of testosterone and other steroids are due to neuromuscular stimulation by way of DHT. It will allow for dramatic strength increases over a short period of time. Combined with the fact that it is already 5-alpha reduced and cannot aromatise that makes DHT a winner for weight-lifters trying to make a weight class. The weight gain is minimal, and all of it muscle, and your strength shoots through the roof.

Another benefit of using DHT and the like is that it promotes muscle hardness to a large point, making it a possible favorite for pre-contest bodybuilders. This could however be a problem as DHT does stimulate acne and skin impurities, and as mentioned before, if you have MPB the risk is considerable. But nonetheless the increased hardness, striations and vascularity can pay off.

Prohormone conclusions: In stacking opportunities, 5AA leaves a lot of be desired. But it has been touted as a blocker of estrogen as well as being incapable of forming it by itself. That means taking it with a testosterone precursor can decrease the ability of estrogen aromatisation of the latter. If the increased androgenic activity is of no concern to you, but estrogen-related issues are, this may be worth considering. Stacking it with a nandrolone precursor can decrease estrogenic activity of the nandrolone precursor and increase the low androgenic ability. Like wise the nandrolone precursor will decrease the overall androgenic risk of such a stack. As far as stacking goes I believe this to be the best possibility. They support each other to a large extent and are capable of delivering upon strong, lean gains while decreasing the side-effects of the other component.

Dosage: The minimum effective dosage in a stack would be 200-300 mg a day. Again, I don't really advocate the use of this product other than in a stack with a nandrolone-precursor as the androgen related risks are considerable. Though strength wise stacking it with a testosterone precursor would considerably increase neuromuscular response. By itself taking less than 600 mg would have little to no use in adding any sort of mass. Especially orally. This would however be a great candidate for transdermal application. The use by itself is extremely limited, I would not advise it to anyone other than perhaps weightlifters looking for added strength without having to miss their weight-class cut-off.
ok i think i have found it....am i right or am i a little off...this is from BlahBlah.com

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that looks like 5a-androstanedione, a prohormone to DHT. I believe there used to be a MN product called Viratase with this in it that was sold as an AI.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
how would u dose this product for a good hardening effect...like 75mgs per day or what...

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not sure, never used it. I'd search google for old threads about Viratase for some feedback.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
i cant seem to find the best dosage for this...anywhere...but no worries i might not buy it anyways...