Your opinion on worthwhile nighttime products for recovery or fat loss - AnabolicMinds.com

Your opinion on worthwhile nighttime products for recovery or fat loss

1. New Member

Your opinion on worthwhile nighttime products for recovery or fat loss

I am really intrigued by all these new products geared towards improving recovery or fat loss by improving one's quality of sleep or helping some sleep-related aspect of recovery/fat loss. I made this thread to ask if anyone has used products such as CMI BIG, Fusion Shut-Eye, MHP Cyclin GF, Lipotrophin-PM, etc, and if so, what did you think of it/them? If you haven't used them but you're familiar with them, what are your thoughts?

Some of them (like Cyclin) look to be pretty bare for the price, whereas others (Lipotrophin) look a lot more economical, but since I am Canadian it would still be pretty pricey for a student after shipping when I don't really know if the product would work well.

Any thoughts? Feel free to recommend different products if you've got a favourite.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Lipotrophin PN. Not too sure on its fat loss abilitities cos my diet has gone to sh1t but it certainly delivers some nice sleep benefits. And its cheap as well so its worth a shot.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

PowerFull - primary sleep/recovery with the night-time dose - not sure about fatloss ability though. It's a pretty versitle supp, so I wouldn't be surprised.
    •   

4. New Member

Use PowerFULL, and sleep like a baby.....Get ready for some crazy/vivid dreams though....LOVE IT!
  5. New Member

Use PowerFULL, and sleep like a baby.....Get ready for some crazy/vivid dreams though....LOVE IT!
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

lector606, you're muscular and ripped - great body! How are you doing it?
  7. Registered User

I like this area of topic too. In my research I've found that anything above 5 mgs of melatonin is supposed to really up your GH spike during sleep. You sleep well and its VERY cheap.

Please, more ideas....
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er View Post
    I like this area of topic too. In my research I've found that anything above 5 mgs of melatonin is supposed to really up your GH spike during sleep. You sleep well and its VERY cheap.

Please, more ideas....
    Yea, i am thinking about getting this. CVS has buy one get one free sale right now on melatonin. I might as well pick this up

thanks
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

its very easy to get dependant on melatonin. I would stear clear of it and go for lipo pm or valerian root.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I have been taking 1 DCP before bed, and it does give me a leaned out look in the AM.
  11. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by silverSurfer View Post
    lector606, you're muscular and ripped - great body! How are you doing it?
    I never know how to answer that question, but I've come to the conclusion that the answer is consistency . I just don't miss workouts/training sessions (I don't think I have in about four years), and don't mess up my diet very often.

Back on topic, I like the looks of CMI BIG. Creatine, glutamine, 5 HTP, melatonin, and even some CLA... but for the quantities in question, it's quite expensive.

I read the write-up on lipotrophin, I'd love to hear some more feedback on its effectiveness because if I were to order it, it'd cost me at least an extra 20 bucks for shipping from NP.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Lipotrophin is pretty good, and Powerfull is awesome for sleep. My all time fav was Camphibolic, I would pop a few and always wake up looking lean!, to bad it was discontinued.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    its very easy to get dependant on melatonin. I would stear clear of it and go for lipo pm or valerian root.
    haha no way.. maybe your experience with it??
    I dont even consider it a sleeping pill. I still took it for what I believed was a placebo effect to help get to sleep.
    Might as well start again if the GH increase is true.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

I'm skeptical personally, I'd like to see hard data on what any of these supplemental sleep aids do for you vs. just taking a sleeping pill. I do sometimes have insomnia, but I'm never awake for more than 24 hrs, and when I do sleep it's always soundly and generally for as long as I want, so for me, sleep related supplements aren't a worthy investment.
  15. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er View Post

Please, more ideas....
    Oh good... my last research was a few years ago about melatonin and GH. Those results said it took a 12mg dose to be effective for GH release. Good to see a more recent study with a lower dose showing positive results.

Effects of a single dose of N-Acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine (Melatonin) and resistance exercise on the growth hormone/IGF-1 axis in young males and females.Nassar E, Mulligan C, Taylor L, Kerksick C, Galbreath M, Greenwood M, Kreider R, Willoughby DS.
    Department of Health, Human Performance, and Recreation, Baylor University, Box 97313, Waco, TX 76798, USA. darryn_willoughby@baylor.edu.

ABSTRACT: Melatonin and resistance exercise alone have been shown to increase the levels of growth hormone (GH). The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of ingestion of a single dose of melatonin and heavy resistance exercise on serum GH, somatostatin (SST), and other hormones of the GH/insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) axis. Physically active males (n = 30) and females (n = 30) were randomly assigned to ingest either a melatonin supplement at 0.5 mg or 5.0 mg, or 1.0 mg of dextrose placebo. After a baseline blood sample, participants ingested the supplement and underwent blood sampling every 15 min for 60 min, at which point they underwent a single bout of resistance exercise with the leg press for 7 sets of 7 reps at 85% 1-RM. After exercise, participants provided additional blood samples every 15 min for a total of 120 min. Serum free GH, SST, IGF-1, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 were determined with ELISA. Data were evaluated as the peak pre- and post-exercise values subtracted from baseline and the delta values analyzed with separate three-way ANOVA (p < 0.05). In males, when compared to placebo, 5.0 mg melatonin caused GH to increase (p = 0.017) and SST to decrease prior to exercise (p = 0.031), whereas both 0.5 and 5.0 mg melatonin were greater than placebo after exercise (p = 0.045) and less than placebo for SST. No significant differences occurred for IGF-1; however, males were shown to have higher levels of IGFBP-1 independent of supplementation (p = 0.004). The 5.0 mg melatonin dose resulted in higher IGFBP-3 in males (p = 0.017). In conclusion, for males 5.0 mg melatonin appears to increase serum GH while concomitantly lowering SST levels; however, when combined with resistance exercise both melatonin doses positively impacts GH levels in a manner not entirely dependent on SST.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  16. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    I dont believe so myself.. I have found Melatonin to be the least addictive of anything I have tried. And I have gone from Valarian to Ambien, and everything in between.

But of course everything is subjective.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  17. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I dont believe so myself.. I have found Melatonin to be the least addictive of anything I have tried. And I have gone from Valarian to Ambien, and everything in between.

But of course everything is subjective.

Adams
    Agreed. I was addiced to diphenhydramine for at least a good four months, couldn't sleep without it. Now I just take 3mg of melatonin but there are plenty of days where I don't need it at all.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Melatonin is great for knocking me out, my problem with it is that it makes me REALLY groggy the next morning. Which is fine on the weekends but not during the week.

I like Nocturnabol because it has 0.75 mgs of Melatonin. I'm not as groggy. Not sure if it's nearly as good with GH release though.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

melatonin lowers testosterone
  20. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by animalkrack3r View Post
    melatonin lowers testosterone
    Can you post up some studies for this one? Interested.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  21. Registered User

Oh good... my last research was a few years ago about melatonin and GH. Those results said it took a 12mg dose to be effective for GH release. Good to see a more recent study with a lower dose showing positive results.

Effects of a single dose of N-Acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine (Melatonin) and resistance exercise on the growth hormone/IGF-1 axis in young males and females.Nassar E, Mulligan C, Taylor L, Kerksick C, Galbreath M, Greenwood M, Kreider R, Willoughby DS.
    Department of Health, Human Performance, and Recreation, Baylor University, Box 97313, Waco, TX 76798, USA. darryn_willoughby@baylor.edu.

ABSTRACT: Melatonin and resistance exercise alone have been shown to increase the levels of growth hormone (GH). The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of ingestion of a single dose of melatonin and heavy resistance exercise on serum GH, somatostatin (SST), and other hormones of the GH/insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) axis. Physically active males (n = 30) and females (n = 30) were randomly assigned to ingest either a melatonin supplement at 0.5 mg or 5.0 mg, or 1.0 mg of dextrose placebo. After a baseline blood sample, participants ingested the supplement and underwent blood sampling every 15 min for 60 min, at which point they underwent a single bout of resistance exercise with the leg press for 7 sets of 7 reps at 85% 1-RM. After exercise, participants provided additional blood samples every 15 min for a total of 120 min. Serum free GH, SST, IGF-1, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 were determined with ELISA. Data were evaluated as the peak pre- and post-exercise values subtracted from baseline and the delta values analyzed with separate three-way ANOVA (p < 0.05). In males, when compared to placebo, 5.0 mg melatonin caused GH to increase (p = 0.017) and SST to decrease prior to exercise (p = 0.031), whereas both 0.5 and 5.0 mg melatonin were greater than placebo after exercise (p = 0.045) and less than placebo for SST. No significant differences occurred for IGF-1; however, males were shown to have higher levels of IGFBP-1 independent of supplementation (p = 0.004). The 5.0 mg melatonin dose resulted in higher IGFBP-3 in males (p = 0.017). In conclusion, for males 5.0 mg melatonin appears to increase serum GH while concomitantly lowering SST levels; however, when combined with resistance exercise both melatonin doses positively impacts GH levels in a manner not entirely dependent on SST.

Adams
    Thanks for the study, I will see if I can dig up my info source too rather than just spittin hot FIRE! HAHA
  22. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Melatonin is great for knocking me out, my problem with it is that it makes me REALLY groggy the next morning. Which is fine on the weekends but not during the week.

I like Nocturnabol because it has 0.75 mgs of Melatonin. I'm not as groggy. Not sure if it's nearly as good with GH release though.
    True, which is one of the 7 or so reasons I start off my day with a shot of No-Xplode and dose of Xtend and all my night issues are gone. I wake up looking forward to it....
  23. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I like lipo-pm for the price, and also for the fact that it doesn't seem to loose effectiveness either as a sleep aid or fat loss aid over time. Somnidren gh by millenium sport technologies is amazing tho, but it ends up costing a bit more. lipo-pm is $20 for 40 days, somnidren is around $30 for 25 I think it is. I noticed significantly less DOMS with somnidren. noticeably even more when i'd take the 1 week off a month (for tolerance). the tail end of that week and the first couple of days of starting it had much stronger DOMS with the same exact workouts
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

I actually only take IGF-2 at night and I never slept so good and felt so recovered the next day until recently when I started this stuff. I dont think it helps at all for fat loss though.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  192 lbs.

i lovvvvvvvvve my melatonin, don't get that grogginess the next day either, as some users have reported, also started with gaba and phenibut, relaxes the **** out of me so i can fall asleep faster. Without these supplements, my mind just keeps chattering and chattering away
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Can you post up some studies for this one? Interested.

Adams
    i read a study with quite different results....lowers estrogen and estrogen receptors....SHAZAM!

i will try and find it for you
  27. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by raginfcktard View Post
    i read a study with quite different results....lowers estrogen and estrogen receptors....SHAZAM!

i will try and find it for you
    Thanks bro... I hate when people make outrageous claims such as before, and then don't back it up.

What I meant to say was: Smoking rosemary grows your johnson by two inches"

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  28. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think it's great to get away from the stims as one of the only options for fat loss. And it's not just deeper sleep, it controls appetite during sleep and also helps with metabolism.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night and have some cravings for sweets...and half asleep I have little control over what is consumed.

The evidence shakes me in the morning
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. I need your opinion on some MuscleTech Products
    By Wudog in forum Supplements
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 06:48 PM
  2. Ragnarok for nighttime recovery?
    By E J in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 01:23 PM
  3. Old VPX products worthwhile???