One of the Reasons Great Supplements are Banned and or Discontinued

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Is because of stupid people. People who take a certain product and have no idea what they are doing. Example I work at a Vitamin Shoppe. Some kid came in to the store last night and told us that his package had been shrinking up on him, and puffy nipples.

Told us he came in about 8 weeks earlier and bought a few bottles of Methyl-1D and apparently was "unaware" that he needed PCT. He abruptly stopped after 6 weeks of use with no AI's on hand. He didn't even know he needed them. He came in yesterday and cussed up a storm telling us about his misfortunes like it was our fault. Had he done the research he would've known that PCT was required. He's now threatening to call our DM and "The Better Business Bureau"

Retard.

Just last week I opened the cabinet for a guy (looked to be in his late 20's) and looked like he spent too long in the tanning bed asked me for the Methyl-1D out of the cabinet. I asked him if it was any good.

He said "Yeah I've been taking it for about a 6 months now"

I said "Non Stop"

He's like "......Yeah" "It's great Stuff"

now when he finally decides to stop taking it or realizes he made a mistake, he'll probably come back to us or call LG Customer Service and complain when he can't get off or have kids.

Then a few weeks ago some kid came in looked like he was in high school, walked up to the counter and asked me "Do you guys sell Steroids?"

I felt like saying "Yeah in the back of the store there, through that curtain but keep it on the DL, the password is Sauce Me Up"

I swear to god some people are so ****ing stupid and the reason great products are discontinued because people either

A) Abuse Them
B) Don't Know how to use them
C) Use them to cheat

You wouldn't believe how dumb people are

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I met a guy that used M1T for months at a time without PCT.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
its a sad thing to read about or even hear. but people are stupid and would put anything in there bodies w.o asking questions. Or maybe sometimes ther just scared to ask because there afraid to get flamed on it or something. But still its their fault and its a sad thing to have happen to anyone. but really do you guys sell steroids? lmao that was funny

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Before I started working there some kid called over the phone sounded like he was about to die.

Told us he downed an entire bottle of Redline Concentrate. What an idiot. You know there are these things called direction written on the bottle. And they are there for a reason

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
wow....im still waiting to meet someone that you guys tell about.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
they're around. But what confuses me is that they call us before they call a doctor or a hospital

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to feel sympathy for these people, but everyone is responsible for their own actions. If they choose to use a product without researching it, then they run the risk of having some negative sides from it.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Believe me when i say that i see plenty of these type of people walking through the E.R. everyday. There are SO many people that have utterly no regard for their own bodies or anyone else that it's almost insane. Seriously, the stories i could tell you guys.

Sometimes i just have to shake my head and think to myself......Wow! Maybe ignorance really is bliss.......

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
The desire for a great looking body taken too far is the same as anything.

The desire for a high in a drug will leave people dead, in jail, etc.

The desire for money will lead people to rob banks, houses and commit murder.

The desire for muscular body will lead people to pop pills and inject things into their body without even knowing what it is.

Knowledge is power!

For everyone abusing OTC hormonal products, there's at least 5 dudes on the highschool football team injecting themselves and knowing nothing about PCT

Erik2003

Erik2003

Awards
Devil's advocatre

Ok I'll bite...

sp44& -- My fist question is why did your store sell to the kid if you know he knows nothing about the product? Its kind of like selling guns to someone who has no idea how to use it. I'll bet if your salespeople took a few minutes and asked him if he had his PCT set up you would have learned no. Instead of selling him a $40 bottle, you could have educated your customer, gained his loyalty, and made a $100 sale of additional PCT products. Good business has to be earned.

As far as Rodja -- you appear to blame the customer who may be lacking info. What about the business? Someone sold an obviously underage kid some PH to make a buck. What about seller responsibility? After all the store could have said no because the kid does not know how to safely take the product. I see alot of this in lawsuits. Everyone fails along the stream of commerce.

Remember the reason the PH are banned is because someone always sells to a kid, who gets injured, and then the parents have to step in. It was the same for steroids, PHs and everything else.

If your going to sell the stuff, please ensure your customer knowns how to take it. Accept the responsibility and become a good business.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I'll bite...

sp44& -- My fist question is why did your store sell to the kid if you know he knows nothing about the product? Its kind of like selling guns to someone who has no idea how to use it. I'll bet if your salespeople took a few minutes and asked him if he had his PCT set up you would have learned no. Instead of selling him a $40 bottle, you could have educated your customer, gained his loyalty, and made a $100 sale of additional PCT products. Good business has to be earned.

As far as Rodja -- you appear to blame the customer who may be lacking info. What about the business? Someone sold an obviously underage kid some PH to make a buck. What about seller responsibility? After all the store could have said no because the kid does not know how to safely take the product. I see alot of this in lawsuits. Everyone fails along the stream of commerce.

Remember the reason the PH are banned is because someone always sells to a kid, who gets injured, and then the parents have to step in. It was the same for steroids, PHs and everything else.

If your going to sell the stuff, please ensure your customer knowns how to take it. Accept the responsibility and become a good business.
I can certainly see your points, and they are very good ones. However, there is much more to the arguement than just the good buisness aspect(which i completly agree with your statements btw).

You can tell some people all day long how to do something the right way, and in the end some will do what they want anyway........ regardless of your best efforts offered. I see this EVERY SINGLE DAY in medicine, and this type of behavior certainly applies to all facets of life. As an adult, you're responsible for your own actions.

The bottom line is, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink....

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Well for the first customer it's kind of stupid to tell the guy he needed a PCT after he'd been off cycle for about 2 weeks. I even told him he should talk to a doctor if it was that bad but he was intent on blaming us. I didn't even pimp the product on him. He just came in and asked for it.

I told the tanned guy about PCT but he said "No I'm cool" me and my c-worker Tyler tried to tell him about it but he wasn't having it. Seemed like the sense of well being was clouding his judgement plus he could barely pay for everything he picked out.

Secondly. We don't card every person that comes in. Most of the people that come into the store don't even look at the Products in the case. They usually come in for Fish Oil, or Multi's or Calcium. Which is why the case and all the stuff like Creatine and NO are all at the back of the store. Because that's not where most of our business is. And most people don't venture back there because everything is foreign to them, it scares them. We only get maybe 4 people a week who ask for things from the case

The people that do come in for stuff like M1D, MMDV2, stuff like that they don't even ask for assistance, they just ask us to get it out of the cabinet. You figure they just heard about it from some guy at the gym and without even reading up on it they just go and buy it.

Usually when I ask people how old they are or if I try to tell them about PCT they think I'm coming off as overzealous or pushy. When in reality I could give a **** less because unlike GNC we don't make commission.

I agree we should have to card people for it, because they are a danger if not used properly.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i personally think that there's a certain percentage of human beings who are just stupid and lack any form of common sense, whether it be the misuse of supplements, alcohol, fast food, drugs, fast cars, endless amounts of uprotected sex, the list goes on and on....

it's nature's way of removing the bad genes, it's a shame innocent lives are ruined because of it.

it only takes one bad apple to ruin the rest of the barrell.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i personally think that there's a certain percentage of human beings who are just stupid and lack any form of common sense, whether it be the misuse of supplements, alcohol, fast food, drugs, fast cars, endless amounts of uprotected sex, the list goes on and on....

it's nature's way of removing the bad genes, it's a shame innocent lives are ruined because of it.

it only takes one bad apple to ruin the rest of the barrell.
Exactly, natural selection at its finest lol!

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Exactly, natural selection at its finest lol!
yes natural selection or nature's way, it's that way for a lot of animal species, unfortunatly innocent people get caught in the cross fire so to speak:sad:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes natural selection or nature's way, it's that way for a lot of animal species, unfortunatly innocent people get caught in the cross fire so to speak:sad:
Very true.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
you know really though, its true people are stupid. But not everyone even knows what a ph or steriod is. They walk into a vitamin shoppe and see something and think its all healthy. Just because your uneducated, doesnt mean your stupid.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you know really though, its true people are stupid. But not everyone even knows what a ph or steriod is. They walk into a vitamin shoppe and see something and think its all healthy. Just because your uneducated, doesnt mean your stupid.
True - However, if you're willingly putting something into your body and have no idea what it is or does, then who's really to blame? An uneductated persona can easily be confused with plain ignorance at times.

The arguement could go round and round all day long. There is a certain amount of responsibility that needs to be accepted with both parties involved. However, like anything else in life, some choose to ignore it.

Last edited:

justing

Awards
PH company's don't really go out of there way to make shure people know the side effects. i have yet to see "may get bi*tch tits and lose ure hair" on the side of the bottle. its more like" take this u're gonna be massive". people thing becuz your selling it cant be all that bad. i so don't blame people 2 much in this case.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This guy at my gym looked at me weid when I told him about nolva.I knew he used a designer and that he didn't juice cause of many comments and ignorance he has shown me.The other day he tells me he's getting winny and test that day for x amount.Then I talked to another and I said well he's just starting right?He looked at me weird and said,no!He's a good friend of mine and he's been juicing for a while now!

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i referred to a "certain percentage of human beings who are just stupid"

there's also the "sell whatever the hell we can regardless of side effects mentality" that exists with certain retailers from supplements to guns! innocent people end up getting hurt!

what about the high school, college or even pro sports mentality of win at all costs, "glory now and to hell with the consequences!" mentality that is associated with greed.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
PH company's don't really go out of there way to make shure people know the side effects. i have yet to see "may get bi*tch tits and lose ure hair" on the side of the bottle. its more like" take this u're gonna be massive". people thing becuz your selling it cant be all that bad. i so don't blame people 2 much in this case.
i agree but how many bottles of alcohol say "this will rot your liver?" or mc d's labelling that says "excessive amounts of this food will lead to rolls and rolls of fat?" or coke labels that say "this drink will rot your teeth and gums"?

:thumsup:

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Quick story:

I was in a Wal-Mart checkout line today and some guy behind me tries to get my attention by saying excuse me. I turned around and I said yes, but first I'm caught off guard by the morbidly obese man eating shrimp poppers while in his hover-round wheel-chair/motor scooter. He asks me if I had any advice for something natural that he can take for fat-loss. Without even allowing me to speak, he tells me that he's "been thinking about trying hydroxycut and some of the other diet pills" that he's seen at Walgreens. I tell him that "stimulants might not be the best thing for someone who might have blood pressure issues or who might be at risk for heart disease". He seemed somewhat offended by what I was implying and he tells me that "he gets his blood pressure checked regularly" and that he's "in perfect shape." He even said that his doctor said that he's "in perfect health for his age." He went on to tell me that he had an on the job accident five years ago that caused him to tear his ACL and prevented him from ever working again at the local paper mill, b/c he was always on his feet. I kind of just solemnly blinked while he was giving me his speech, but I was repeatedly telling myself not to smile and not to smirk. The guy was basically eating the shrimp poppers the entire time he was talking to me, so it was definitely an issue of willpower for me. I asked the guy what he eats every day and he says that he "eats a sanwich twice a day, except when he goes to Wal-Mart". He said that he "always buys some shrimp poppers when ge goes to Wal-Mart." I told him that he should at least be eating three moderately portioned meals that covered the basic food groups and he seemed to be looking away the entire time. He asks me if the diet pills will help him and I said that they would help someone who is adhering to a balanced diet with moderate exercise. He told me that he couldn't exercise, b/c of his knee. I asked him if he had ever thought of just getting a regular wheelchair, so he could get some exercise. He told me that he could walk, but he gets too tired after a few steps, so he just uses the hover-round to get around. I asked him again about the wheel chair. He gets mad and tells me that he "ain't no cripple." I just turned around at that point and paid for shampoo and soap that I went in there for. Its the rare moments like these that make me wish I was still in the Army.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
CEL's m drol says
"m drol is a pro anabolic clone.due to it's potent nature,M drol is not a suitable option for a first pro anabolic cycle.First time pro anabolic users may want to consider P-plex or H-drol.After finishing M-drol,it is important to be fmiliar with and do proper post cycle therapy."

Thats about as good is it gets!Methoxy tst warns about hair loss and all warn about the high blood pressure.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick story:

I was in a Wal-Mart checkout line today and some guy behind me tries to get my attention by saying excuse me. I turned around and I said yes, but first I'm caught off guard by the morbidly obese man eating shrimp poppers while in his hover-round wheel-chair/motor scooter. He asks me if I had any advice for something natural that he can take for fat-loss. Without even allowing me to speak, he tells me that he's "been thinking about trying hydroxycut and some of the other diet pills" that he's seen at Walgreens. I tell him that "stimulants might not be the best thing for someone who might have blood pressure issues or who might be at risk for heart disease". He seemed somewhat offended by what I was implying and he tells me that "he gets his blood pressure checked regularly" and that he's "in perfect shape." He even said that his doctor said that he's "in perfect health for his age." He went on to tell me that he had an on the job accident five years ago that caused him to tear his ACL and prevented him from ever working again at the local paper mill, b/c he was always on his feet. I kind of just solemnly blinked while he was giving me his speech, but I was repeatedly telling myself not to smile and not to smirk. The guy was basically eating the shrimp poppers the entire time he was talking to me, so it was definitely an issue of willpower for me. I asked the guy what he eats every day and he says that he "eats a sanwich twice a day, except when he goes to Wal-Mart". He said that he "always buys some shrimp poppers when ge goes to Wal-Mart." I told him that he should at least be eating three moderately portioned meals that covered the basic food groups and he seemed to be looking away the entire time. He asks me if the diet pills will help him and I said that they would help someone who is adhering to a balanced diet with moderate exercise. He told me that he couldn't exercise, b/c of his knee. I asked him if he had ever thought of just getting a regular wheelchair, so he could get some exercise. He told me that he could walk, but he gets too tired after a few steps, so he just uses the hover-round to get around. I asked him again about the wheel chair. He gets mad and tells me that he "ain't no cripple." I just turned around at that point and paid for shampoo and soap that I went in there for. Its the rare moments like these that make me wish I was still in the Army.
Man, that is something......Wow!

eddie85

eddie85

Awards
almost everything that works or its good gets banned:dance::woohoo::frustrate

Thunder45

Thunder45

Awards
I agree most people assume if you can buy it legally that it is harmless, I think manufacturers and sales people should give buyers proper instructions on use and PCT, not everyone comes to these boards

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the post about each person having responsibility.

Ignorance does not excuse poor decision making.

There's always a price to pay.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I agree most people assume if you can buy it legally that it is harmless, I think manufacturers and sales people should give buyers proper instructions on use and PCT, not everyone comes to these boards
in the perfect world, yes.

but assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups!

would proper instructions on use and PCT still stop the idiots? have you seen cigarette packages lately? people still buying them and they have big words saying this stuff kills!

Thunder45

Thunder45

Awards
in the perfect world, yes.

but assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups!

would proper instructions on use and PCT still stop the idiots? have you seen cigarette packages lately? people still buying them and they have big words saying this stuff kills!

True

sundevil22

Awards
I was in a max muscle and a women around the age of 35 came in and asked the guy at the counter if they sold steroids. The guy at the counter said no of course and he asked her if she was looking to take steroids and she said "no, my son who is twelve wants them because he wants to get big" My jaw dropped and the guy at the counter seemed speechless

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
First of all let me say that this is my personal opinion and is NOT the opinion of LG Sciences or it's representatives.

Personally I chalk it up to Darwinism at it's finest. The majority of companies, believe it or not do have warnings on there labels. From the simple "Consult your physician before using this product", to the newer ones actually specifying a PCT is necessary, for example AX's 3-AD. To me that is as far as the company's responsibility should go. Are you telling me it's a company's fault that some kid was able to get access to a hormonal product and screw themselves up? I don't believe that, as I ask Where the hell is that parent? Shouldn't you have educated your child on the dangers of drug use, and more importantly READING the label of every product you buy. I know I will be.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
It's not just pct but steroids due one way or another affect the body.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
I was in a max muscle and a women around the age of 35 came in and asked the guy at the counter if they sold steroids. The guy at the counter said no of course and he asked her if she was looking to take steroids and she said "no, my son who is twelve wants them because he wants to get big" My jaw dropped and the guy at the counter seemed speechless
That's disgusting. Did they kick here out? What happened after that?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
First of all let me say that this is my personal opinion and is NOT the opinion of LG Sciences or it's representatives.

Personally I chalk it up to Darwinism at it's finest. The majority of companies, believe it or not do have warnings on there labels. From the simple "Consult your physician before using this product", to the newer ones actually specifying a PCT is necessary, for example AX's 3-AD. To me that is as far as the company's responsibility should go. Are you telling me it's a company's fault that some kid was able to get access to a hormonal product and screw themselves up? I don't believe that, as I ask Where the hell is that parent? Shouldn't you have educated your child on the dangers of drug use, and more importantly READING the label of every product you buy. I know I will be.
AX would say something like that because guess what, they also sell a PCT supplement.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Lets not forget that PCT was a taboo subject back in the day. Many did not do it at all... some people even continuously cycled

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
From H-drol label:

H-Drol is a pro-anabolic clone. H-Drol is commonly used by those loking to build muscle and lose body-fat as part of a lean muscle building or body recomposition cycles. After finishing H-Drol, it is important to be familiar with and to do proper Post Cycle Therapy.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Marketing in general has gotten much more 'shady' over the years. Of course there some honest companies and seem to actually care. But all the same, when it comes to anything I heavily research it before I take it. Even if I'm ever prescribed a med for any reason I don't just read the printout that's attached, I research for sides, others experiences, etc. In a world where many people will do nearly anything to make money and at nearly any costs, why should the supp industry be any different?

The FDA's been accused multiple times in the past of touting certain meds as safe & harmless, when in fact they had no proof or long term studies. Later some of these same meds were responsible for the deaths of numerous people, and were eventually removed from the market. If the FDA is borderline between approving or declining something, do you think the multi-billion dollar company that's behind the product has any influence?

These days it seems younger people's patience keeps getting less & less. It becomes more of a 'I want it now' society every day. That plus in todays society 'appearance' has become more superficial than ever. With singer's, actors, etc. in the past people were judged based on their talent level regardless of their appearence. Sadly these days if you are trying to 'make it' as a singer/performing artist & you're overweight, the chances are pretty grim regardless of your talent. Simon Cowell's said it many times. I think too many young people these days disregard labels and safety measures so they can fit in to whatever it is they're looking for. Whether for a career or just to 'get the girl', the consequences come when it's too late.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is so true. And don't forget to stack it with the other 4 supplements that are all designed to work together. What a joke!
AX would say something like that because guess what, they also sell a PCT supplement.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
This is so true. And don't forget to stack it with the other 4 supplements that are all designed to work together. What a joke!
hey hey now! Don't knock the synergy of products :toofunny: Here's a "synergistic" stack. Take sildenafil and tadalafil together and let the "synergy" work :fool2::toofunny:

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
hey hey now! Don't knock the synergy of products :toofunny: Here's a "synergistic" stack. Take sildenafil and tadalafil together and let the "synergy" work :fool2::toofunny:
if you guys had any idea how difficult it was to actually demonstrate a statistically significant synergistic effect you would be laughing even harder.:aargh:

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
if you guys had any idea how difficult it was to actually demonstrate a statistically significant synergistic effect you would be laughing even harder.:aargh:
Oh i bet that the synergistic effect would be there with that stack. Just try to sleep on your stomach after taking it :toofunny:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Apart from whey :dance:
I remember when whey first came out. It was the biggest thing to hit the market to that point. Designer protein was one of the first if not the first. You should have seen the crap we used to have to try to digest. Used to stick like cement to the blades of the blender. My stomach cringes just thinking about it.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
Nah, but SP447, i totaly agree with what your saying, surely before taking some pill that "gets you big" you would think to do some research beforehand and know what it is and does etc etc, people who dont kinda deserve what they get, but then because they were dicks it gets banned and nobody can use it anymore...sucks