ALRI's Venom Sports drink

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried this stuff ? I guess they were pushing it at the Arnold this past year, I wasn't able to go. I was looking at the product label.

Someone in the bodybuilding business told me that there are several ingredients not listed on the label. This really dosen't surprise me. Thats' good 'ol ALRI for you.

Anyways, who has tried it ? yay ? nay ?

Discuss.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
ha, another quick bump.

No i havent tried it, never heard of it. Want it bad though now.

animalkrack3r

Awards
Venom Sport RTD is the ultimate in, "Taste the Energy" drinks for those who want to train harder or play harder. However, taste the energy is more than just a slogan. It's a fact!- You need to experience it for yourself first hand. Think ice cold liquid energy that is so good that the taste is near addictive and the feel is beyond any measure of mediocrity.

BETTER MENTAL FOCUS
INCREASED ENERGY
GREAT APPETITE CONTROL
IMPROVED ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
PROMOTES INCREASED METABOLISM
Venom Sport RTD Supplement Facts
Serving Size 8 FL OZ (240 ml)
Servings Per Container
Amount Per Serving
Calories 5
Calories From Fat 0
Total Fat 0
Saturated Fat 0
Trans Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 20mg
Total Carbohydrate 1g
Dietary Fiber 0
Sugars 0
Protein 0

Venom Sport RTD Ingredients:
Water, Beta Alanine, natural and artificial flavors, caffiene, citric acid, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate as preservatives, ascorbic acid, artificial color FD&C red, sucralose, gum arabic, glycerol abietate

Venom Sport RTD Directions:
Drink a bottle before your workout or anytime you need an energy boost.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Venom Sport RTD is the ultimate in, "Taste the Energy" drinks for those who want to train harder or play harder. However, taste the energy is more than just a slogan. It's a fact!- You need to experience it for yourself first hand. Think ice cold liquid energy that is so good that the taste is near addictive and the feel is beyond any measure of mediocrity.

BETTER MENTAL FOCUS
INCREASED ENERGY
GREAT APPETITE CONTROL
IMPROVED ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
PROMOTES INCREASED METABOLISM
Venom Sport RTD Supplement Facts
Serving Size 8 FL OZ (240 ml)
Servings Per Container
Amount Per Serving
Calories 5
Calories From Fat 0
Total Fat 0
Saturated Fat 0
Trans Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 20mg
Total Carbohydrate 1g
Dietary Fiber 0
Sugars 0
Protein 0

Venom Sport RTD Ingredients:
Water, Beta Alanine, natural and artificial flavors, caffiene, citric acid, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate as preservatives, ascorbic acid, artificial color FD&C red, sucralose, gum arabic, glycerol abietate

Venom Sport RTD Directions:
Drink a bottle before your workout or anytime you need an energy boost.
they should change the name. that looks nothing like the ingredients of venom caps. looks like alri trying to cash in on popularity of venom caps.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
they got a lot of unlisted ingredients in it.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I tried it. its decent. I think i like redline better though.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Mental Twitch-

Buy a case and send me out half.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
they got a lot of unlisted ingredients in it.
haha, do you have to know the code? be nice if alri were more upfront with what they put in their stuff. a certain test booster comes to mind.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
haha, do you have to know the code? be nice if alri were more upfront with what they put in their stuff. a certain test booster comes to mind.

I recall Author talking about some kind of analogs of herbs that does not appear to be mentioned in the ingredient list.

Anyways, someone in the bb'ing community I talked to told me about ingredients being hidden in the drink.

No it is not Patrick Arnold. I know some muddaphucka is going to automatically assume that. It was someone else.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
i got a case...its not too bad... the taste is cool to sip on thoughout the day.. but one of my fav. drinks has got to be that carb free rockstar

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yeah the white rockstar can is still the best all around, IMO.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I recall Author talking about some kind of analogs of herbs that does not appear to be mentioned in the ingredient list.

Anyways, someone in the bb'ing community I talked to told me about ingredients being hidden in the drink.

No it is not Patrick Arnold. I know some muddaphucka is going to automatically assume that. It was someone else.
reaper, you should know the answer to this. isn't it illegal not to list all ingredients in a dietary supplement. in todays world of food allergys and such, i would think people should have a right to know what they are putting in their bodies. if someone were to have an allergic reaction to something not listed i would think it would be a great case for a law suit. tell me i am wrong.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
reaper, you should know the answer to this. isn't it illegal not to list all ingredients in a dietary supplement. in todays world of food allergys and such, i would think people should have a right to know what they are putting in their bodies. if someone were to have an allergic reaction to something not listed i would think it would be a great case for a law suit. tell me i am wrong.

Wishful thinking my friend... not talking ALRI specifically but many companies try and get one over on tha consumer. Working in tha industry and going to tha trade shows really opens your eyes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wishful thinking my friend... not talking ALRI specifically but many companies try and get one over on tha consumer. Working in tha industry and going to tha trade shows really opens your eyes.
one day when the fda regulates the supplement industry we can look back at shady stuff like this. hopefully the industry will clean up it's act before the gov decides to do it for them. this is like an open invitation for government intervention.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
one day when the fda regulates the supplement industry we can look back at shady stuff like this. hopefully the industry will clean up it's act before the gov decides to do it for them. this is like an open invitation for government intervention.

Of course, and in some cases I'm all for it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Of course, and in some cases I'm all for it.
i would seriously hate to see it come to that. but if this is the trend that is being set, it would appear to be inevitable.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

I don't know FDA's regs off the top of my head, but I am pretty sure all ingredients need to be listed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't know FDA's regs off the top of my head, but I am pretty sure all ingredients need to be listed.
if it's not illegal, it's at least unethical not to list ingredients in a dietary supplement. personally i take a lot of herbal supplements, a lot of which shouldn't be mixed with other hebals. alri is really walking the line with this approach.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
if it's not illegal, it's at least unethical not to list ingredients in a dietary supplement. personally i take a lot of herbal supplements, a lot of which shouldn't be mixed with other hebals. alri is really walking the line with this approach.
FDA/CFSAN: Statement of Identity, Nutrition Labeling and Ingredient Labeling of Dietary Supplements, Small Entity Compliance Guide

US FDA/CFSAN - A Dietary Supplement Labeling Guide: Chapter II. Statement of Identity

Analysis of the New Requirements for Dietary Supplement Labels

They should start labeling properly and stop being shady.

I didn't see anywhere in the FDA's site that mentioned that ALRI is exempt from this.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i wonder if stores selling this are aware that all the ingredients aren't listed. if someone has a serious reaction to an ingredient not listed i hope they sue the dogshiit out of them.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
If a person has an adverse reaction to an unlisted ingredient, then that company is liable for a lawsuit.

This can either fall under tort law...under 'negligence' or consumer law which is covered by the FTC under 'deceptive advertising'.

Oh yeah, and also the FDA regs. as well.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Definition of product liability:

"Product liability holds a manufacturer liable for a defect in the product which makes the product unreasonably dangerous."

If McDonald's lost a lawsuit over hot coffee, anything is possible.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Definition of product liability:

"Product liability holds a manufacturer liable for a defect in the product which makes the product unreasonably dangerous."

If McDonald's lost a lawsuit over hot coffee, anything is possible.
has alri lost their minds? proprietary blends are one thing, but omitting ingredients from label is taking it to another level.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Is this speculation, or do we have any proof that this is what they are really doing?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

reaper, can you find the link where author says this.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
reaper, can you find the link where author says this.

I can't understand what he is saying. he says something like 'Vigrous analogs'. This is in the Muscular Development MDTV 'In the trenches' video.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Is this speculation, or do we have any proof that this is what they are really doing?

It is hearsay, however I believe the person who told me.

So to answer your question, it is speculation. I don't have any 'proof' per se, but it's not like ALRI has a great track record to begin with anyway.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
To clarify my position here:
Should ALRI list all ingredients on their products, and possible side effects? YES
Is it possible that not all are listed in this product? YES
Has this happened before? I dont know
Do we have solid evidence that this is the case this time? NO
Am I ready to condemn ALRI without good proof? NO
Would I disapprove of ALRI if solid evidence was produced? YES