Progesterone and DHEA Balance

Predaking

Awards
If you increase progesterone levels, does this usually decrease DHEA levels?

I'm wondering if my super low libido is caused by low DHEA, which was in the lower half of the normal range last time I checked.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you increase progesterone levels, does this usually decrease DHEA levels?

I'm wondering if my super low libido is caused by low DHEA, which was in the lower half of the normal range last time I checked.
Increasing progesterone is not going to raise DHEA. Increasing progesterone is also not going to help your libido, since it will actually suppress DHT, which is the main "libido" hormone.

To increase libido, you may have some success with supplementing with DHEA (Dermacrine) if you’re looking for an HRT route. However, a low libido could be a result of meny things. Whats your history? Drug use?

-Pp

Predaking

Awards
I tried topical progesterone because I read that it improves erections in men with dysfunction. It did do that but the results seemed to stop, and it never actually increased sensation.

I've been this way for a long time, and maybe my DHEA (actually I measured DHEA-S) levels have as well. Any skin wounds I get tend to heal very slowly, and I think that is a symptom of low DHEA. I used to heal very quickly.

Thanks

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Increasing progesterone is not going to raise DHEA. Increasing progesterone is also not going to help your libido, since it will actually suppress DHT, which is the main "libido" hormone.

To increase libido, you may have some success with supplementing with DHEA (Dermacrine) if you’re looking for an HRT route. However, a low libido could be a result of meny things. Whats your history? Drug use?

-Pp
i am very seriously considering dermacrine, at age 49 this looks extremely interesting. i have researched some of the increases in test on this, very impressive. to the op, this may be what you are looking for. primordial has a good reputation.

Predaking

Awards
How much of the DHEA from Dermacrine, in mcg or mg, would make it into my system?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How much of the DHEA from Dermacrine, in mcg or mg, would make it into my system?
It would be equivalent to about 600mg/day oral DHEA, but with more conversion to downstream anabolic/androgenic hormones because it’s traveling through the skin (rather than the digestive track).

You could easily compare the results to 150mg/week Test Enanthate.

-Pp