If you could choose only one fat loss product...

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  206.8 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah ok got yuh, I was getting carried away almost forgot what we were talking about in the first place. Yes I am aware of the window available for carb intake around the workout. Maybe 25 grams before 50 after, something of that nature.
    From another forum...the "window" is a bit myth according to some people..I don't know where this study came from:

Opinions vary;

Another HIt against post exercise protein requirements and supplements
    As if you had not heard this before here, this abstract from an article titled “Resistance Training Reduces Fasted- and Fed-State Leucine Turnover and Increases Dietary Nitrogen Retention in Previously Untrained Young Men” in the Journal of Nutrition establishes in young, untrained men that the retention of nitrogen (a measure of protein or muscle) is altered by intense work outs to favor protein retention. Feeding does little to alter the balance of protein wastage versus protein retention. Why? Evolution designed our regulatory mechanisms to conserve protein through many mechanisms I have mentioned over the years on this blog. Our ancestors did not have supplements, yet they were as muscular as any one of us should be in a healthy state.

From the abstract:

Nitrogen balance was more positive after training (13.7 ± 8.1 vs. 33.4 ± 12.5 g/(kg LBM · d), P < 0.01) indicating an increased retention of dietary nitrogen. Intense resistance training alters whole body protein kinetics in novice weightlifters regardless of feeding status. The increase in nitrogen balance after training demonstrates a more efficient utilization of dietary nitrogen, suggesting that protein requirements for novice weightlifters are not elevated.

Note that the authors did not distinguish between nitrogen retention with respect to feeding, because there was no difference. So, why would you drink a protein drink laden with simple carbs after a workout? You shouldn’t. Heavy workouts will increase your appetite and food intake, but over a course of days and weeks. There is no immediate “window” for growth; it is a longer term adaptation. And growth is over rated. You want to be muscular and lean, not smooth and a bit over weight. Supplements will promote the latter, not the healthier and more functional former.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by maradona10 View Post
    From another forum...the "window" is a bit myth according to some people..I don't know where this study came from:

Opinions vary;

Another HIt against post exercise protein requirements and supplements
    As if you had not heard this before here, this abstract from an article titled “Resistance Training Reduces Fasted- and Fed-State Leucine Turnover and Increases Dietary Nitrogen Retention in Previously Untrained Young Men” in the Journal of Nutrition establishes in young, untrained men that the retention of nitrogen (a measure of protein or muscle) is altered by intense work outs to favor protein retention. Feeding does little to alter the balance of protein wastage versus protein retention. Why? Evolution designed our regulatory mechanisms to conserve protein through many mechanisms I have mentioned over the years on this blog. Our ancestors did not have supplements, yet they were as muscular as any one of us should be in a healthy state.

From the abstract:

Nitrogen balance was more positive after training (13.7 ± 8.1 vs. 33.4 ± 12.5 g/(kg LBM · d), P < 0.01) indicating an increased retention of dietary nitrogen. Intense resistance training alters whole body protein kinetics in novice weightlifters regardless of feeding status. The increase in nitrogen balance after training demonstrates a more efficient utilization of dietary nitrogen, suggesting that protein requirements for novice weightlifters are not elevated.

Note that the authors did not distinguish between nitrogen retention with respect to feeding, because there was no difference. So, why would you drink a protein drink laden with simple carbs after a workout? You shouldn’t. Heavy workouts will increase your appetite and food intake, but over a course of days and weeks. There is no immediate “window” for growth; it is a longer term adaptation. And growth is over rated. You want to be muscular and lean, not smooth and a bit over weight. Supplements will promote the latter, not the healthier and more functional former.
    Boy you can smell the bias here.

Our anscestors had enough healthy muscle yah, but were bodybuilders we don't want to look like our anscestors, we are capable of gaining much more mass... how do we do it, we supplement our diet.

And who says you can't be bigger and leaner using nutritional supplementation. This is just a dumbass comment. This person is obviously against having the extra lean mass that most bodybuilders enjoy. Extra mass may not always be functional but it gives us the look we are trying to attain.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Recreate is the way to go... burn fat with no crazy stim feeling
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mcour1226 View Post
    Recreate is the way to go... burn fat with no crazy stim feeling
    Recreate vs T3? Go.
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by spigot View Post
    Recreate vs T3? Go.
    I'd choose Recreate, it's just a great fatloss tool, it covers all your angles. I do like T3 but i wouldn't go over 50mcg without some sort of anabolic, pct is needed and it can deplete glycogen like crazy. Honestly if you really wanted to you could combine them, like 4 caps recreate 25mcg T3.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    I'd choose Recreate, it's just a great fatloss tool, it covers all your angles. I do like T3 but i wouldn't go over 50mcg without some sort of anabolic, pct is needed and it can deplete glycogen like crazy. Honestly if you really wanted to you could combine them, like 4 caps recreate 25mcg T3.
    What about using Recreate directly after a low dose T3 cycle while the thyroid is getting back up and kicking?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

definitely would have to say methyl ripped..used in college level wrestling for NCWA..left for winter break came bak about 3 weeks later and my coach brought me to the side and asked me if i was on sumtin i wasnt suppose to b on..good stuff...def. tops my list and ive been on a good amount of fat burners for seasons
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieFreeze View Post
    ..or if you cant mess with stims than go with "Recreate"
    recreate has caffein in it
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kanny View Post
    recreate has caffein in it
    Not enough for any sort of stim really. I am very sensitive and don't get stimmed from it.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  10. Registered User

lipotrophin-pm has green tea listed first, and it helps my sleep. but it is probably de-caffeineated.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Napalm with added clenbuterol. The chicks link in my sig will detail the fat loss.
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Designer Supps View Post
    If youre going to be serious about your diet Ill send you a bottle of Adrenalean for free. Try it out and let me know how it worked towards the 7lbs of fatloss. PM me your addy if you are interested.

shoot, i'll take a bottle of that, was thinking of trying yellow bullet, im looking to start a cutting cycle and definitely need the boost.
  13. Registered User

How about 11oxo?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. YOU Choose the Next NP Product!
    By David Dunn in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 04:04 PM
  2. YOU Choose the Next NP Product!
    By NutraMan in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 10:52 AM
  3. Which product would you choose on a cut?
    By freakboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 12:10 AM