Getting back in shape-help needed

jlo8864

Awards
First I hope this is in the right forum. I been studying the forums for a while now and wanted to get. some feedback on a program I am about to do. First off, Im 44 yrs. been training off and on since my 20's, I have been a firefighter for over 20 yrs. About 2 years ago our dept. started a fitness evaluation once a year, it involves 1 1/2 mile run, max push ups and sit ups in one minute, body fat, static 1 rep bench from 1/2 inch above chest, sit and reach, it is all based on age and weight. I do well in the strength but poor in the body fat and run. I had my body fat tested about 6 weeks ago at 24% at 230 lbs @ 6'0". I am now at 215 with no loss of strength. I will test again in late sept. Here is the program I am about to start this monday:

1st. month
DCP + LR
fish oil
protien at 170 - 200 g a day
not sure yet on exact cal yet per day.
very clean eating

2nd. month
epistan 20/30/40/40
cycle support
post cylce support
diet pretty much the same ar 1st. month

questions:

what should I do or take after the post cycle support?
I have to lift weights in the am 5:30 - 6:00, should i take protien drink before workout or after, with carbs? milk or water?

1st. month workout shcedule
mon-weights upper, tue-cardio, wed-weights lower,thu-cardio,fri-weights upper, then next week legs twice and upper once.

2nd.month
one body part per day in am hard, cardio 2-3 times a week in afternoon.

any or advice would be great thanks, im sure I will have more questions

jlo

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Personally I wouldn't use a pro-hormone just to get back in shape. I mean it is your choice in the end, but have you looked into any herbal test boosters or performance enhancers? Deisel Test Hardcore, IGF2, Drive/RPM, Powerful ect all have good reviews for increasing strength/LBM/endurance. These won't leave you with any kind of hormonal imbalances that will hinder your gains in the future that may still remain if PCT doesn't get everything back in order.

I'm getting back into shape after another bought of sevear nerve pain that put me out for close to 4 months. My endurance is still poor, but is increasing each week. My LBM is visibly coming back after about 3 good weeks of pushing the iron around. I credit this to watching my diet better, especially more protein. I used some left over Test boosters the begining weeks as well as some NOS Ether and Xtend which I'm still using. The Ether definately helps my performance and the Xtend is helping me recover faster and put on more LBM from each workout than I would normally.

I take my NOS Ether + Xtend preworkout, no carbs, about 30-45min pre W/O usually an hour or two after a meal. I usually don't do my carbs+protein until the second half of my workout so that my body can utilize the GH spike from compound movements with increased NO a little longer. As I'm doing some physical therapy along with my normal lifting my workouts tend to be longer than normal in the 1:15 -1:45 hour range with the added small exercises and cardio. If you are going for 30 - 60 min I sugguest waiting until post workout for your carbs. Maybe try taking some BCAAs or EAAs peri-W/O if you feel you must.

So in short, protein or BCAA + Ceatine, ect. before workout, no carbs, in water. Post work out, same thing but use carbs and milk would be ok, but water lets the protein absorb a little faster. I love to use milk+oat+protein for my breakfast though.

Anyway, good luck with your program whatever you decide to do. Let us know how it all turns out.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You have to eat before your workout. I suggest ~60 g of complex carbohydrates and 30-40 g of protein.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whoa, a bit to soon for the PH's. I know people are saying Epistane is one of the safer PH's for older people, but why the hek would you need it just to get into shape. You don't need any supps to get into shape and how is epistane going to help you with your running...:blink:

Focus and diet and exercise maybe add some nutritional supps for health reasons.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah, PH/PS's shouldn't be used at this stage. if you're bf is that high (just one point away from being considered obese) then it's obvious that you haven't been focusing on fitness for some time.

I would probably also hold off on the DCP-Reloaded stack until you've worked out naturally for a while...that stack would probably be pretty hard on you at this point.

get your diet and training in order and I think you'll find progress comes fast. once you get to the point that you have a hard time making progress then (maybe) you should consider these kinds of supps (still not PH/PS's).

my rec for now:
-fish oil
-sesamin oil
-CLA
-cissus (anti infamatory and will help with joints/ligaments/tendons)
-ZMA
-some joint matrix (glucosamine, etc)

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
You have to eat before your workout. I suggest ~60 g of complex carbohydrates and 30-40 g of protein.
To each his own. I used to do the whole load of protein + WMS, ect. before workouts, but I find that I feel better just using the BCAAs. I don't like the "I'm full" feeling in my stomach while working out. I also like the fact not having so much insulin circulating helps promote more GH release/activity on days I do compound lifting. Not to mention it make me use a little more fat for fuel that way while the BCAA's keep catabolism at bay. I feel I get enough carbs throughout the day to have adequate glycogen storage anyway.

Your milage may vary with this. I'm just giving my advice on what is giving me good results at the moment.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
To each his own. I used to do the whole load of protein + WMS, ect. before workouts, but I find that I feel better just using the BCAAs. I don't like the "I'm full" feeling in my stomach while working out. I also like the fact not having so much insulin circulating helps promote more GH release/activity on days I do compound lifting. Not to mention it make me use a little more fat for fuel that way while the BCAA's keep catabolism at bay. I feel I get enough carbs throughout the day to have adequate glycogen storage anyway.

Your milage may vary with this. I'm just giving my advice on what is giving me good results at the moment.
How long do you wait before working out?

Sometimes I wait 1-2 hours before working out.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would be a minimum of 2 hours for me.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I tried taking a PRO+CHO shake anywhere from 30min to 1hr30min before hand. Further beforehand seems a little better, but still don't care for it. I could take it further out at 2-3 hrs, but then again whats the point if I'm already eating a small meal/snack 2-3 hours beforehand anyway? If it works for you, then go for it; I just don't care for a shake beforehand. :)