as the thread states

I'm just curious.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering that the amount of proteins per shake differs significantly, either because some use milk, others water, or because shake "sizes" differ among users, or just because the protein content of the products people use simply differs, it may be more informative, if you would ask approximately how much proteins people consume per day via shakes.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
1 on off days
2 on training days

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
i don't mean to be a **** but isn't there a few of these threads already? anyways i tend to have 2-3 it depends on how busy i am.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah, I believe shakes should be used spariningly. I put a scoop in my milk that I add to my muslei in the morning for flavour and one after I workout. So 1 -4 days a week 2- 3 days

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
usually 1 post workout and 1 before bed.... sometimes i'll have a nother mixed in somewhere throughout the day if i'm pressed for time

TonySmiles

TonySmiles

Awards
2 a day. I train in the AM.

One post workout (one scoop O.N. Gold Standard, 1 cup skim, 1 cup ice water, 1 medium banana blended)

One in the later evening a couple hours after my last meal as my evening snack. (same as above, except a tablespoon natty peanut butter for the bannana)

:dance:

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
1 post workout morning, 1 afternoon (snack), 1 evening before bed. so 3 on average.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
When I am still relatively low cal (2800-3000) its two shakes taken pre and post. When I start adding in extra cals (approaching 3700+) I go with 3 with the third coming with my 3rd meal of the day (that also is with tuna).

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
cero (that's spanish for zero) i quit doing it cause powder protein messes up my stomach and makes it hard to eat.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cero (that's spanish for zero)...
lol, that reminds me of the Chris Farley routine: "el nino...and for those of you that don't speak spanish, that means the nino"

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been trying transdermal, but I keep getting a rash.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
6 for the past 2 weeks....but I've been on the velocity diet.

Normally 1, 2 at most.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I have tried anally but it makes for "mud Butt" and the occasional uncomfortable situation in an office setting.

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
I drink a few real ones...

2 cups of whole raw milk with 3 egg yolks with a little hersheys special dark chocolate cocoa and some stevia. Cheaper and real.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
one before the club, one after the club, mixed with a jaeger bomb. fcukin skanks.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
1 in the morning, 1 at night. Golden FINISH post workout.

So 3, but there could be more thrown in there....I prefer whole food!

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I have one for breakfast/pwo, one about 2-3 hours later, then a chicken sandwich for lunch, a shake 2-3 hours later, then whatevers for supper,a snack, and then a shake before bed.

Damn...I drink a lot of them, but it's the easiest way to consume protein every 2-3 hours.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
2, Pre and post workout on days I don't work. On days I work I take in 3. Only one scoop in each shake. I'm cutting. :)

ndawson89

ndawson89

Awards
I try to get around 3-4 shakes in a day, if I'm lucky sometimes I will only have 1 or 2, depending on how convenient it is. If I have something that requires a blender, I will only have one or two. If I have something like isopure, well, that is easy enough to stir, and sometimes I shake up so nectar. Gotta have me my whey though.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have one for breakfast/pwo, one about 2-3 hours later, then a chicken sandwich for lunch, a shake 2-3 hours later, then whatevers for supper,a snack, and then a shake before bed.

Damn...I drink a lot of them, but it's the easiest way to consume protein every 2-3 hours.
Big Rob!

haven't seen many posts on here by you lately...how's your progress after your cycle a while back?

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
nil, tuna, chicken and beef, also supplement extra protein intake with organic spirulina which is about 60% protein

cheers

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Big Rob!

haven't seen many posts on here by you lately...how's your progress after your cycle a while back?

Whats crackin' bro? I lurk several times a day, but if I don't feel like I have something worthwhile to contribute I usually don't post. Feel free to PM me anytime if you just want to chat.

II haven't been to well. I got really sick about the beginning of May. Between starting a new job, a summer semester is College, general life issues (mind on my money, money on my mind), I do believe my body had a WTF moment. Details can be found here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/palo-alto-labs/91118-does-sound-like.html Then again, if you remember, I started feeling bad during the cycle...maybe it's related, maybe not. You'd think 3 months later if it was cycle related I'd be over it by now...but it just got worse.

I'm ordering more stuff soon...probably do a log on it too. It'll be Epi and the last of my Mdrol. I'm lettin my body chill out now, I'll do bodyweight next week, then go hardcore the week after that if I think I can. I sucks how you can bust ass for years just to get sick and see it go down the crapper.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
1 when i wake up 1 before bed 1 mid morning and 1 pwo

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sucks how you can bust ass for years just to get sick and see it go down the crapper.
This is why I don't really plan on any major cycles anymore. Just not worth it. I'm going to try to train naturally while being as unnatural as possible. So many good products out there now to increase natural test and do other good things. May as well take advantage of it.

Ace28

Ace28

Awards
Depends on the schedule, ideally no more than 2. But sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
At least 3 a day.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have a shake with breakfast, shake after work(counts as my pre workout shake) and a psot workout shake. I used to take one before bed also, but I wont be no more.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
One as soon as I wake up, and one pre-workout.

However, I may down a cassein shake prior to bed if I don't want to down the cottage cheese. But my average is 2.

310lifter

310lifter

Awards
1 on off days

2 on work out days

always one in the morning, with milk, oats and fruit.

for the one after work out, i have it ready to go in a shaker bottle (protein powder, creatine and dextrose). I use water for this one.

H

HEARTLESS

Awards
1 AM- 3 tsp NB, banana, 10oz 2%milk, 2 scoop isolate
1 Post WO- 2 scoop isolate, 10oz gym water, 2 scoop dex
1 Bed(If im lucky)- 10 oz 2%milk, 2 scoop isolate, 3 tsp NB

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
1 AM- 3 tsp NB, banana, 10oz 2%milk, 2 scoop isolate
1 Post WO- 2 scoop isolate, 10oz gym water, 2 scoop dex
1 Bed(If im lucky)- 10 oz 2%milk, 2 scoop isolate, 3 tsp NB
mmmm gym water

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Zero. They are 110% unnecessary if you know what you're doing in the kitchen, which is already 90% of bodybuilding.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Being that I am in my bulk phase, I take three a day (serious Mass by ON). One mid morning, one post workout, and one 30 min before bed.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Zero. They are 110% unnecessary if you know what you're doing in the kitchen, which is already 90% of bodybuilding.
I don't agree with that. They have their place first thing in the morning and post workout, but other than that nutrients should come from real food.

C

CRcatcher06

Awards
i try to take one before workout and one before bed. Since i workout in the early morning i just use my breakfast to get a another big dose of protein from eggs and meat.

C

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I usually have 2 shakes, I may have 3 on a day I don't feel like eating much.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My shakes are food based so bamn.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar