P-slin/Anabolic Pump Question from Olympic Trials Qualifying Swimmer

natswim2049

Awards
I am interested in starting the Pslin/AP stack to improve recovery between workouts. It is my understanding that Pslin is taken 1.5-2 hours before a workout with a healthy amount of carbs in order to drive carbohydrate into working muscle and only to be taken once per day. I also understand that some people have experienced bouts of hypoglycemia when using Pslin before workouts. My concern is that I would not be able to train as intensely when dealing with a hypo state. My other question is which workout should I take Pslin before? At the end of my last training session I am generally close to glycogen depletion so I think Pslin might be better for me post-workout?

I am an Olympic trials qualifier in the 50 freestyle (lasts about 21-23 seconds) and I plan on continuing to swim after trials (end of June). 23 years old, 185lbs, 7% BF, 5'11. I do not necessarily need to gain or lose any weight just recover better between workouts.

A typical peak training week looks like this:
(times include warm-up)
-Monday
AM: Power Lifting 60min
Noon: Swim - Power Training 75min (resisted swimming)
-Tuesday
AM: Whole Body Plyos 60min
Noon: Swim - Speed Training 60min
-Wednesday
AM: Olympic Lifting 45min
PM: Swim - Lactate tolerance 90min
-Thursday
Noon: Swim - Recovery 90min
-Friday
AM: OFF or Power Lifting 60min
Noon: Swim - Power Training 75min
-Saturday
AM: Swim - Race Simulation or Lactate tolerance 90min
-Sunday
OFF

For my pool workouts I take 2-3g Beta Alanine pre&post-workout, 5g Creatine Monohydrate pre-workout, 4g Citruline Malate pre-workout, 9g EAA pre-workout, and a post-workout recovery shake with 25g protein/100g complex carbs + cissius for a healing shoulder injury. For my weight/plyo workouts I take 9g EAA pre and a 25g protein/50g complex carb shake post.

My nutrition is dialed in 4000-5000kcal/day + multi depending on training intensity/training phase.

Please let me know if this stack would compliment my training and exactly how I should take it (or if there is something else that would help)! If you need any other information just ask.

Thanks!

AFOX

Awards
Yeah, I would be carefull with the P-slin pre-workout for a swim workout. I think the AP would be worth a shot post-workout. I'm very impressed with your supplement selection as it is, and I would be carefull of any experimentation this close to the trials in Omaha. I'm a former club coach, spent 12 years coaching in Nebraska, Arizona and California. I have two of my former age group swimmers going to Omaha for the trials. Good luck, swimming is great sport.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Pslin will not cause you to go into a hypo state if you consume enough carbs. It will dramatically increase your training session. I would take it before your powerlifting sessions, but I would also experiment with it before your swimming (although having a bunch of carbs in your stomach and trying to swim might not be so good). Also, generally, I take Pslin 1 hour before my workout, and then eat 15 minutes later. It is also fun to play around with the types of carbs your are eating.

Taking AP for your post WO meal is a good idea.

Good luck

AFOX

Awards
Sorry I did not address you question. If you take the p-slin, do it before your lifting only. Altough, aren't you tappering off weights about now for trials? If so, just take the AP post workout until trials are over.

I am interested in starting the Pslin/AP stack to improve recovery between workouts. It is my understanding that Pslin is taken 1.5-2 hours before a workout with a healthy amount of carbs in order to drive carbohydrate into working muscle and only to be taken once per day. I also understand that some people have experienced bouts of hypoglycemia when using Pslin before workouts. My concern is that I would not be able to train as intensely when dealing with a hypo state. My other question is which workout should I take Pslin before? At the end of my last training session I am generally close to glycogen depletion so I think Pslin might be better for me post-workout?

I am an Olympic trials qualifier in the 50 freestyle (lasts about 21-23 seconds) and I plan on continuing to swim after trials (end of June). 23 years old, 185lbs, 7% BF, 5'11. I do not necessarily need to gain or lose any weight just recover better between workouts.

A typical peak training week looks like this:
(times include warm-up)
-Monday
AM: Power Lifting 60min
Noon: Swim - Power Training 75min (resisted swimming)
-Tuesday
Noon: Swim - Speed Training 60min
-Wednesday
AM: Olympic Lifting 45min
PM: Swim - Lactate tolerance 90min
-Thursday
Noon: Swim - Recovery 90min
-Friday
AM: OFF or Power Lifting 60min
Noon: Swim - Power Training 75min
-Saturday
AM: Swim - Race Simulation or Lactate tolerance 90min
-Sunday
OFF

For my pool workouts I take 2-3g Beta Alanine pre&post-workout, 5g Creatine Monohydrate pre-workout, 4g Citruline Malate pre-workout, 9g EAA pre-workout, and a post-workout recovery shake with 25g protein/100g complex carbs + cissius for a healing shoulder injury. For my weight/plyo workouts I take 9g EAA pre and a 25g protein/50g complex carb shake post.

My nutrition is dialed in 4000-5000kcal/day + multi depending on training intensity/training phase.

Please let me know if this stack would compliment my training and exactly how I should take it (or if there is something else that would help)! If you need any other information just ask.

Thanks!

Holy sh$T, P-Slin is your performance savior for a swimmer! Just imagine stuffing muscle cells full of glycogen and going for swim, you will not gas....

E-mail me I want to sponsor you with supplements and advice if you will post a running log on this forum.

[email protected]

natswim2049

Awards
Thanks for the help guys! Indeed I am tapering off of weights, next week will be my last resistance training workout. As I said in my first post, I plan on continuing to swim until the 2012 Trials when I believe I will have a better shot at making finals.