Concerns with the supplement forum

Jsherbro

Jsherbro

Awards
Maybe nobody really cares, but I have noticed a lot of guests coming in and out of these forums with nothing but the ideal that "supplements are the number 1 thing on you bodybuilding list" I read these posts of people hopping from one to another to another craving the same thing "what the magic supplements promise" not ever getting it. People are becoming less focused on the power of Food and Right exercise and the importance of sleep. If these aren't in line..supplements won't do jack. and most supplements out there really DON'T do anything. They might make you think you look bigger or make you think you feel something, but chances are thats just you.

I've been lifting for about 2 solid years and will admit the first year i was hopping ALL OVER GOOGLE and BB.com searching and asking what supps did what or which was the best. To tell you the truth, i have seen more growth going completely off supplements besides protein and have seen great results. This DEPENDENCY the beginner Bodybuilding world is forming is not good, it supplies false hope, and will ultimately hold those people back. Yeah you can all say **** YOU JSHERBRO SUPPS WORK FOR ME, but...is it really the supps? give yourself a test, go off of everything, for a month, Eat like a monster, eat clean, and train balls to the walls, and tell me if there is any drop in performance? anyway, i'm just saying, i'm tired of seeing 500 new threads popping up asking what is the best supp for mass or cutting or watever. Its ridiculous, people go to ANABOLIC MINDS to LEARN, TEACH and LEAD. Lets not deceive anybody that might click on this URL. Peace out:jaw:

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
So true. It does get frustrating. There should be a rule where you must have 20 posts before starting a thread. lol.

Jsherbro

Jsherbro

Awards
yeah like i just saw a thread "what is the best supp for six pack abs?" ....i mean come on. thats like.....what pill will make my arms grow 2 inches.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
yeah like i just saw a thread "what is the best supp for six pack abs?" ....i mean come on. thats like.....what pill will make my arms grow 2 inches.
Anabolic Halo is the answer for both questions...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
damn broski, someone's gotta pay the morgage !

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
problem is...there are too many people that actually say believe that.
Yeah I agree with you on that, usually those people get a strong placebo off gimmicky products and feel it works for them so I figure let them be happy, ignorance is bliss. So if people don't realize Im joking or other are joking with statements like that the worst that happens is they lose some money. I only hate seeing when people type stuff like will x-drol get me huge and cut and have no diet, drink everynight, and have no clue what PCT is

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i've always liked this comparison of food to sups.....

FOOD: THE ULTIMATE BODY TRANSFORMATION TOOL
Let me be perfectly honest with you: nothing can affect body composition as
fast and as drastically as the food you eat, not even drugs! Let’s talk fat loss
for example, a substance like synthetic T3 (e.g. cytomel) or T4 (e.g.
synthroid) can boost metabolism and daily energy expenditure by around
10%. If you are anywhere between 175 and 225lbs we’re talking about 200-
300 calories per day which is basically the amount of calories in ½ cup of
rice measured dry or of a bagel. When we consider that your average fast
food hamburger can provide anywhere from 750 to 1000 calorie and that an
hour of cardio will “burn” an average of 450 to 500 calories; it’s quite easy
to see how simply controlling our food intake can have a huge impact on
how our body looks.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
guys, this is happening in gyms, in magazines and on the internet including not just forums but also supplement selling websites.

in part - yes it's up to the vets to help out as best they can however it's part also of being a noob

sometimes noobs won't even listen to the best advice and sometimes have to get burned before they learn what's good and what's crap

as with anything including threads and posts here at AM, you have to shift through the sh*t to find the gems of information that will help you in the gym and with health in general

general rule of thumb is to look for the commonalities (the sharing of common attributes) with what a lot of people are relating to, it's up to the intervidual to determine what is right or wrong

misguided information is happening everywhere, learn or burn is what i say but at the end of the day experience is always the best teacher of all.

correct form + correct diet and adequate rest will always beat a "miracle supplement" with crap form, crap diet & crap rest.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
While were on the subject, do any of you guys have a friend who swears that muscletech, bsn, etc are the best supp companies by far even though they have never tried anything of theres? I got a buddy who idolizes these companies so I decided to put some protein powder in an old NO Xplode container and let him try a scoop. He was running around like a mad man saying what a pump he had then I told him it was just protein and he immediately lost all his pump lol.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
While were on the subject, do any of you guys have a friend who swears that muscletech, bsn, etc are the best supp companies by far even though they have never tried anything of theres? I got a buddy who idolizes these companies so I decided to put some protein powder in an old NO Xplode container and let him try a scoop. He was running around like a mad man saying what a pump he had then I told him it was just protein and he immediately lost all his pump lol.
Lol! The placebo effect is sometimes all it takes. And like you said, if it gets the job done as long as it's not too expensive I don't usually say much when my friends NEED their NO-Xplode to hit the gym.

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That is clasic bro!!! One time I had a party at my house and there were these two stupidass chicks there. Well apparently they were annoying the sht out of one of my roommates so every drink he made them was PURE orange juice (we were drinking screw drivers). As the night went on my friend and I laughed our asses off at how the two were acting and actually walking around saying how wasted they were and slurring their words. By the end of the night I boned the hotter of the two and she straight up told me and I quote "I can't believe I'm doing this, I'm so drunk"!!!! I laughed about that for the next few months.:drunk:
Same thing with these jackasses different scenario but the same thing.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
A lot of us feel this way. Always remember that most forums are either directly sponsored by supp. companies and retailers, or at least get support via advertisements for said companies. So, there's no practical way to get 100% away from this without potentially burning bridges so to speak, and with all the special interests involved, that's not likely to happen. Combine that with people who really do believe their supplements of choice make a big difference, both beginner and veteran alike, and it makes it even harder to convince people to get back to basics.
Unfortunately, there are also company reps who don't openly display their company ties. I've seen people who are labeled as reps on some forums and not on others, etc, including here at AM.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Lol! The placebo effect is sometimes all it takes. And like you said, if it gets the job done as long as it's not too expensive I don't usually say much when my friends NEED their NO-Xplode to hit the gym.
I'll never buy MuscleTech...(as I like to call it 'Super Placebo Effect X-tream !') but as long as there are 15-18 year old kids, I'll always own MuscleTech stock.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anabolic Halo is the answer for both questions...
No actually the jay cutler stack with "the strap" is the obvious winner here...:rofl:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
No actually the jay cutler stack with "the strap" is the obvious winner here...:rofl:
Yeah but then you got to worry about finding a gym that will have enough weight for you, not worth it.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
A lot of us feel this way. Always remember that most forums are either directly sponsored by supp. companies and retailers, or at least get support via advertisements for said companies. So, there's no practical way to get 100% away from this without potentially burning bridges so to speak, and with all the special interests involved, that's not likely to happen. Combine that with people who really do believe their supplements of choice make a big difference, both beginner and veteran alike, and it makes it even harder to convince people to get back to basics.
Unfortunately, there are also company reps who don't openly display their company ties. I've seen people who are labeled as reps on some forums and not on others, etc, including here at AM.

I'll comment that I'm not a good role model for a noob as far as my routine and supplement intake levels.

Look at my pictures thread. I went from 130 or so lbs in Jan03 to mid 160's or so by mid/late 2005 with very little supplementation (no hormones period).
I had little definition - biceps were a big blob - and a much wider waist than now.

Now 3 years late I've really transformed my body with the help of a bunch of really supplements.

There are non-hormonal supplements that flat out work. Period.

I'd agree I think the noobs are too focused on supplements/hormones and haven't given themselves time to bulk or cut with improved diet and training.
Dunno that I'd flame them all that much.

I mean really, there are WORSE things in life than buying one order of $1,036 from Nutraplanet.
:whip:

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah but then you got to worry about finding a gym that will have enough weight for you, not worth it.
Ah, haha......I'm going to mention the obvious winner here dat der Cell-tech!! Yea, it had to be done........To all noobs to the game, dat der Cell-tech is da most bestest supp dur iz.
I gained 30lbs in 2 weeks on Jay's stack dosed as follows:1200ius of HGH, 1000mgs Test-prop, 80mgs Dbol, 600mgs of Nandrolone decanoate and 10gms of insulin everyday all built around dat der CELL-TECH!! Da uder stuff helpt ah lil bit but I culd tell itz wuz da Cell-Tech mackin me swell to do max!!!!:jaw:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tell me about it, it gets to the point where you have to go out in the parking lot and start lifting cars just to get a solid workout.....and thats WITHOUT the strap!! Add that badboy and you're gonna need school busses to throw around......it's just nutty.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I, although not new to lifting, but havent done it in 3 years having recently got back into almost fell for some supplements I shouldnt have. Lucky for me I like to study what I buy alot. I almost bought PH without knowing it, do you know how bad that could have been? I research for like 2 weeks the ingrediants in products now. Not to mention now that I found AM, i know there are plenty of people who are more mature in the field I can take the questions to.

I am not up for any PH, though I am starting up on a nice supplement stack AN, I know its going to moreover what food I eat as to how well the products will work. As well as how dedicated and hard I train and lift.

Water intake is overlooked by alot of supplement takers too... And people who take thermogenics then only consume 40 ounces of water and a couple cokes. MY water intake is about 148.

Here is the thing. I am watching the news. there are KIDS dropping dead from a blown artery or other damage done by some of these real supplements. Kids in HS taking PHs and screing up their bodies because they are only 16 or 17. Not to count the mental and emotional damage done because now their life can be altered.

And as for muscletech....I agree that its about useless....Cool art gets kids attention is all.

The promise of looking good fast, is costing some unkowing people alot, and even if they should know better to do research...they dont deserve what some of them are going through.

Thanks also to those of you who are trying to help people.

Last edited:
Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I agree with you on that, usually those people get a strong placebo off gimmicky products and feel it works for them so I figure let them be happy, ignorance is bliss. So if people don't realize Im joking or other are joking with statements like that the worst that happens is they lose some money. I only hate seeing when people type stuff like will x-drol get me huge and cut and have no diet, drink everynight, and have no clue what PCT is
theres a dude like that at the gym sadly. they cycle up in the spring in time for the summer with the babes.

test,winny,dbol, and another crap (i forgot :p ) and they do it to get big. Meanwhile im just about 10 pounds under him in terms of overall mass size. Kinda pathetic that hes on so much **** and only has about 10 pounds more than me.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
That is clasic bro!!! One time I had a party at my house and there were these two stupidass chicks there. Well apparently they were annoying the sht out of one of my roommates so every drink he made them was PURE orange juice (we were drinking screw drivers). As the night went on my friend and I laughed our asses off at how the two were acting and actually walking around saying how wasted they were and slurring their words. By the end of the night I boned the hotter of the two and she straight up told me and I quote "I can't believe I'm doing this, I'm so drunk"!!!! I laughed about that for the next few months.:drunk:
Same thing with these jackasses different scenario but the same thing.
LMAO i gotta try that. :run:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1. diet-lots of supps that help me keep diet in check. 2. exercise-lots of supps that get me motivated to hit the gym. 3. sleep-lots of supps that help me sleep better. the key is they help you, it's still up to you to eat right, exercise regularly, get as much sleep and rest as possible. in todays world it is not always possible to do these things. supplements can play an important role if used correctly.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. diet-lots of supps that help me keep diet in check. 2. exercise-lots of supps that get me motivated to hit the gym. 3. sleep-lots of supps that help me sleep better. the key is they help you, it's still up to you to eat right, exercise regularly, get as much sleep and rest as possible. in todays world it is not always possible to do these things. supplements can play an important role if used correctly.
Yes I agree, but the guy does have a point. Incidently many of us to try at get length to stop newbs from supplementing too early. Almost every post from an inexperienced user has most people trying to set him straight so we do a good job of that here.

Once a certain potential has been reached however, there are many good supps out there that will really help. I am not against supplementation just that I am for the right supplement for the right person at the right time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes I agree, but the guy does have a point. Incidently many of us to try at get length to stop newbs from supplementing too early. Almost every post from an inexperienced user has most people trying to set him straight so we do a good job of that here.

Once a certain potential has been reached however, there are many good supps out there that will really help. I am not against supplementation just that I am for the right supplement for the right person at the right time.
from reading the first post i got the drift that the op was anti- supps. come on now this is the supplement section of this forum. wtf there is was and always will be abuse at every level, but why punish the majority of us for the stupidity of a few.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
from reading the first post i got the drift that the op was anti- supps. come on now this is the supplement section of this forum. wtf there is was and always will be abuse at every level, but why punish the majority of us for the stupidity of a few.
I got a different impression of what he was trying to say. I do think that he was missing out on the fact that we do a very good job at keeping the newbs in check around here and there is little need for concern about how were handling the situation were doing a good job. I do agree that the newbs have to be protected from themselves though.

You and I have been around bodybuilding for a long time and we know our bodies very well, we get a pass. :cheers:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got a different impression of what he was trying to say. I do think that he was missing out on the fact that we do a very good job at keeping the newbs in check around here and there is little need for concern about how were handling the situation were doing a good job. I do agree that the newbs have to be protected from themselves though.

You and I have been around bodybuilding for a long time and we know our bodies very well, we get a pass. :cheers:
just thought he picked the wrong format for a tirade against using supps. hell that would be like going to an AA meeting and telling people not to drink coffee.:rofl:

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
IMO another problem is that in their quest for the "magic pill" people take things like celltech, or anthing of the sort right from the start. then they get their noob gains, which they completely beleive came from supps. causing them to fall hard into a negitive mind set. then once the noob gains stop, they start bashing good supps, or just all in general because they didnt get HUUUGE like they did on celltech

dream weaver, you are right about AM being good about stressing importance of diet, too bad this is just one site out of all the GNC stores, and other online retailers.

i have broken most of my PRs, actually when i couldnt afford anything besides protien and cheap multi. but then again, sleeping and eating are my second and third favorite things to do, with #1 needing a hot female partner and can be quite a workout.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
You mean there is no "magic pill" , Crap! What am I going to do with my Leukic, Gackic, creakic stack now?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You mean there is no "magic pill" , Crap! What am I going to do with my Leukic, Gackic, creakic stack now?
give them to the op, sounds like he is going through withdrawals.:cheers: