just starting out

bsmith

Awards
I am just starting on a workout program and thinking of supplements I am 6'3" 190lb so if anything I need to gain weight.a friend suggested Noxavol I dont know,wher do I
start? thanks for any help.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Diet, training, and sleep.

But since you'll probably jump to supplements whether or not you've got that nailed down, let me suggest some simple safe ones.

Multi-vitamin
Fish Oil
Creatine (mono, kre alkyn, or ethyl ester)

That should do you fine.

Edit: Beta Alanine is also an excellent choice

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
I am just starting on a workout program and thinking of supplements I am 6'3" 190lb so if anything I need to gain weight.a friend suggested Noxavol I dont know,wher do I
start? thanks for any help.
Noxavol looks to be a N.O. supplement with beta alanine in it.. You would be alright trying it if you really wanted to. However, the poster above is right on with his suggestions. Start with the basics and when you plateau then change it up.

bsmith

Awards
I have been taking a good muti-vitamin and fish oil for a while
now, how much fish oil should i take

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
it depends on the people who take fish oil. I usually take 2 pills with each meal.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking a good muti-vitamin and fish oil for a while
now, how much fish oil should i take
I take at least 10g fish oil a day.

The best thing to pack on size, really, is food. You just can't get any better than that.

Creatine is a great supplement too. Just curious, how old are you?

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I typically stay at 6grams/day or 6 pills. Split the same way as mindgame.

If you haven't used creatine before, I'd strongly suggest it. Probably one of the most well studied products out there right now. Beta Alanine is pretty good as well, and you can find a couple of products that have BA in them at Nutraplanet.com the board sponsored site.

Either of those two will give you a little bit of extra push. I'm not the biggest fan of NO products, but then again some people love them.

bsmith

Awards
I"m 48 its been about 4 years since I really had a workout program

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
if you're going to be lifting hard:
since it's been so long since you've trained (and at your age) I would rec a joint matrix and cissus.

Osteobolin-C or super cissus RX would both be great options.

these won't help you put on weight but they will help minimize down time.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
noxavol by ctd labs, there is other stuff before id take that its just a pre-wo with beta alanine

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I"m 48 its been about 4 years since I really had a workout program
I think protein, creatine, and fish oil is a great start. If you haven't been lifting you should still be able to make some decent gains with proper increased caloric intake and weights. I like the cissus suggestion if you plan to lift heavy too. If you're still looking for some additional supplementation you could maybe try ZMK, Activate Xtreme, 6-OXO...

bsmith

Awards
of this recommined ZMK, Activate Xtreme, 6-OXO the Activate Xtreme says use a max of 8 weeks what do these do
and what uses?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
activate extreme is a test booster

6-OXO is a Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) = estrogen blocker

ZMK is similar to ZMA and will help restore hormone levels while you sleep - also helps provide excellent sleep.

bsmith

Awards
6-OXO is a Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) = estrogen blocker

ZMK is similar to ZMA and will help restore hormone levels while you sleep - also helps provide excellent sleep.

ok 6-oxo said take 4 to 6 weeks and zmk is it taken every day? does zmk counteract the hormones in the 6-oxo? I'm not trying to be stupid about this but i don't know, and I know the people here do.I learned a long time ago to ask the people in the field to get the right amswers. Thanks for your input.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't see a problem taking both ZMK and 6-OXO together.

6-oxo increases free testosterone by keeping it from being converted to estrogen. ZMK promotes restoring optimal testosterone and Growth hormone production.

also, nutraplanet sells a cheaper version of 6-OXO called trione...same active, just less expensive.

bsmith

Awards
the 6 oxo said to Take for cycles of 4 to 6 weeks do I take 4 weeks then wait 4, then start again and continue to take Trione all the time and do i continue taking creatine all the time?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you would follow the same instructions for trione as you would 6-OXO...4-6 weeks on, 4-6 weeks off. the point is that you don't want your body to become immune to it's effects.

creatine doesn't need to be cycled...although most people take a month off every now and then.

also, don't be afraid to SEARCH for some of your answers! there's a good chance that someone else has had the same question in the past.

Last edited:

bsmith

Awards
if i take the MVP/ZMK Stack and 6oxo with fish oil and creatine
would that be a good start? The mvp looked like it had more than my other vitamins i was taking.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't know enough about training at your age to make an educated statement here...but I personally wouldn't rec taking anything that would directly effect your hormone levels just yet. I would save the 6-OXO for down the road.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
creatine is good along with ZMK/MVP. your 48 i believe i read so a test booster would be ok. I would suggest going with a natural one to start out called diesel test hardcore, activate extreme, or mass fx maximum. I wouldnt use a sythn or estrogen reducer as your 1st

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, sorry. 6-OXO might not be the best choice. I just thought I'd read reports from some older users benefiting from it. You should browse the 35+ forum as well to see what people your age are doing. I think Activate Xtreme (TexasLifter89 gave some good suggestions as well) would be a great natty test booster to take, but I wouldn't stress about it too much in the beginning. You did say you've been out of the game for about 4 years, didn't you? A multi (ZMK/MVP is great), protein, creatine & fish oil sounds good.

And don't forget - lots and lots of quality food. That's your most important supplement right there. Good luck.