Do you freeze your fish oil?

Do you freeze fish oil caps?

• Total voters
pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I usually freeze my fish oil caps because it seems to cut down on the fish burps and I got a hefty supply from Nutraplanet so I don't want them going rancid. Does anyone else do this, anyone completely against it?
Discuss:drunk:

Arrogant

Arrogant

Awards
Nope.

I just buy the enteric coated from Costco.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
i stick them in the fridge but if i got a huuuge load i might freeze some

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm, nope never. Gone through over 3000 fishoil caps from NP between myself and my family and haven't had any complaints of fish burps. Do you take them with meals?

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I usually freeze my fish oil caps because it seems to cut down on the fish burps and I got a hefty supply from Nutraplanet so I don't want them going rancid. Does anyone else do this, anyone completely against it?
Discuss:drunk:
I typically buy a large amount of fish oil capsules, and then put around 250caps in a unused nutra container and keep them in the frig. I just feel better having them cold for some reason.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, nope never. Gone through over 3000 fishoil caps from NP between myself and my family and haven't had any complaints of fish burps. Do you take them with meals?
Yeah, I always try to take them with meals, to be honest though I haven't used the Nutra ones for more than a week straight because I stocked up right before my X-factor log so I have had them sitting in the freezer since.

HHHTheGame

Awards
Even with the coated ones, I still freeze them. Beware though, I had one crack in the bottle. Needless to say the freezing helped, but all of them had their coating "thinned out" a bit. You pretty much had to immediate get it down otherwise it was dissolving already. Not good. Luckily one of the capsules broke when there was only 1/4 of them left. Word to the wise, don't shake the bottle too much to loosen them up. ;)

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I take fish oil... but I'm not sure why... Anyone want to tell me?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Because you desire to be more like a fish. That is all ;)

And Paul, I got the same problem. I got cans of sockeye salmon, pounds of frozen wild pacific salmon fillets and like 1.5k NP Fishoil caps sitting there until I finish my X-Factor lol

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Because you desire to be more like a fish. That is all ;)

And Paul, I got the same problem. I got cans of sockeye salmon, pounds of frozen wild pacific salmon fillets and like 1.5k NP Fishoil caps sitting there until I finish my X-Factor lol
Yeah I figure I wait one more week for it all to wash out and go back to normal concentrations in my body then I am going to hit the FO pretty hard, gotta cut up for the beach.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Heart/blood lipid profile, joint health, positive mood. Fish oil has so many benefits it's crazy. I actually take the liquid kind that has a light lemon flavor and actually tastes good. I usually refrigerate by bottles after I open them but I still make sure I use them within 30 days after I open 'em. I read somewhere for the liquid as a rule of thumb, to refigerate and use them 30-60 days after they're opened.