protien powders - recomendations

jlo8864

Awards
I know I will get alot of different answers, what is a good protien powder, based on price, taste, ingredients.

thanks, jlo

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
The best Protein Powder bar-none is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein

Jay Edit: We only accept advertisement of those that are on this board. If you want ON protein then go to Nutraplanet and buy it there.

For the quality of the protein and the Glutamine and BCAA content it's avery good deal.

Mix it with Milk, Banana and a Tablespoon of Peanut Butter for a really great shake ;)

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established

For the quality of the protein and the Glutamine and BCAA content it's avery good deal.

Mix it with Milk, Banana and a Tablespoon of Peanut Butter for a really great shake ;)
Well said. Chocolate is the bomb. I'll never use anything else.

JoeYoung

JoeYoung

Awards
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure putting up links to other stores isn't kosher since Nutraplanet is the official supplier,
But I also like ON's Gold Standard for taste, quality, and price.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established

I also like VPX Zero Carb Protein.

ndawson89

ndawson89

Awards
if you want a good protein drink for recovery while you sleep, check out ultra peptide

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to use lots of protein powder, but real protein is where it's at. WIth that being said, for coffee lovers I know Dymatize's Cafe Mocha Elite Whey 5 lb (5 lb) By: Dymatize is a big hit. Mix it with milk and ice and it's heavenly. My sisters actually ask me to make it for them lol.

Ergopharm GF Pro tastes phenomenal (Orange Creamsicle is to die for GF Pro (2 lb) By: ErgoPharm ) but it is a bit pricy.

Also if you're looking for a protein not right outside your workout, you want something slow release. I like ON's 100% Casein Chocholate, but Syntha-6 tastes amazing too.

Another way is to look at the best sellers for an idea (Protein Powder | Soy Protein | Protein Bars) They're listed on the left.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
TP.com - from them i've tried; Dutch DBL Choc ( its alright ), Bananas & Cream ( amazing ), Orange Creamsicle ( pretty good ), and Very Berry Strawberry ( tastes like strawberry milk when mixed with water )

ATW.com - from here i've only tried Cinnamon bun, it was pretty good but the price was cheap (<$40 shipped for 5#) and Marcus is a good guy who gave me some real quality customer service

overall impression from TP.com is high quality product but a little bit more expensive than ATW.com which still has a good product ( but not as many flavors )

I guess its pick your poison ( taste or $ )

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
ATW cinnabun perhaps?

(i hope so, i just ordered a big 5lb bag of it)

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Pre mix I go for ON pro-complex chocolate,
I try to usually make a custom mix from either, Trueprotein.com or All The Whey.
That way I can make it Exactly how I want it.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
Cinnabun from ATW i got 10lbs for about $80 w/ free shipping and the stuff tastes great

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
TrueProtein.com team skip is a good blend IMO.. Great for anytime of the day. Maybey grab a pure isolate for PWO.

Dymatize tastes really good.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
was just in ATW sub-forum and they are releasing the flavor "Cake Batter" to AM.com peeps only

I'd go check it out

P.S. - Team Skip protein is amazing and a real high quality blend

BruteSlayer

Awards
what exactly makes ON 100% Whey the best? taste or whey quality?

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
what exactly makes ON 100% Whey the best? taste or whey quality?
I think a combination of taste/quality/cost is what's really important here. Optimum is great; I take it every day; but to call it the best is simply an opinion. It tastes good, it's cheap, mixes easily, and it has a large % of WPI, 4g glutamine & peptides, 5g BCAA, and Lactase and Aminogen digestive enzymes in each serving. All good stuff.

I think Optimum, Trueprotein, & All The Whey are the 3 more popular ones, and for good reason. Personally, I'd browse any of those 3 and just pick one. Can't really go wrong.

Last edited:
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ultra Peptide :cool:

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I think a combination of taste/quality/cost is what's really important here. Optimum is great; I take it every day; but to call it the best is simply an opinion. It tastes good, it's cheap, mixes easily, and it has a large % of WPI, 4g glutamine & peptides, 5g BCAA, and Lactase and Aminogen digestive enzymes in each serving. All good stuff.

I think Optimum, Trueprotein, & All The Whey are the 3 more popular ones, and for good reason. Personally, I'd browse any of those 3 and just pick one. Can't really go wrong.
shaddow, what is your diet consist of? (i.e. keto, carb cycling, straight 40/40/20, etc??)

thanks

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
weighing in cost, taste and quality...my vote goes with "all the whey"

BruteSlayer

Awards
i've researched the ingredients of many of the "big name" whey protein products and many use the same high quality whey. it seems that the deciding factor is taste, price and brand name preference.

Sprawl

Sprawl

Awards
All The Whey, Trueprotein, or ON.

Can't go wrong.

Rumpnuts

Rumpnuts

Awards
as far as price and quality its elite all the way for me... you can find a site that will sell it in bulk for less than $6/lb. I just bought 50 lbs!:thumbsup:

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
I know I will get alot of different answers, what is a good protien powder, based on price, taste, ingredients.

thanks, jlo
Myogenix Myolean in Chocolate or Peanut butter cup - best quality and flavor at that pricepoint.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
ON Gold Standard Banana Cream, just add 8oz. cold tap water and two ice cubes and ENJOY!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
shaddow, what is your diet consist of? (i.e. keto, carb cycling, straight 40/40/20, etc??)

thanks
I'm currently doing moderately-low carbs (beach this weekend) consisting of oats in the morning, dextrose with my PWO shake, and my only other carbs are fruits/veggies with meals. Prior to that I was on a 40/40/20 (P/C/F) for about 3-4 months.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Peanut Butter Ultra Peptide gets my vote. :)

jaydesiel4651

Awards
i use "american whey" protein double dutch chocolate....its hands down the best tasting protein powder ive ever had and for some reason nobody knows about it.

TonySmiles

TonySmiles

Awards
Good write up from Optimum Nutrition in the current Muscle and Fitness Magazine out on the racks (June 2008). Page 81-88. :dance: Check it out after you check out the Dancing with Stars Ladies.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 1
Daff Supplements 9
Supplements 9
swollen87 Supplements 25
pistonpump Supplements 8