EAS myoplex (RTD).............question

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Hello all. 34yrs of age. 5'11/195. Avid lifter for quite a few years. Diet is in check, on a cycle of hdrol currently at 50/50/50/50.

Here is the question. I have been finding some really sick deals on EAS rtd shakes on ebay. Basically getting 16 rtd shakes for $3-7 + shipping and not expired, which isnt too bad saying they cost around $20 at walmart, etc.

I know the protein ingredients are listed as this as a protein blend (soy isolate, whey concentrate, casein). The shake has...

100cals
3F
4C
15P

I know there has been talk about men and soy protein, but I havent found much literature supporting the fact that soy increases estrogen in men. Should I not drink these although I have got some unbelievable deals on these RTD's. They actually are pretty tasty and the macros are fairly solid. Just drinking 1-2 a day.

Thanks for your suggestions.

note: i know labrada and muscle milk rtd's have a much better macro profile, but they are extremely expensive. Also, just bought a 5lb bad of allthewhey cinnabun, cant wait to taste this.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
You are going to live the ATW cinnibun flavor. It is my favorite.

As far as the RTD goes, I am not 100% sure on the soy protein and raising estrogen. I do know you would be better off buying a whey protein powder. RTDs are going to be more expensive for you. It would be more cost effective if you stayed away from musclemilk though. You can find some very cheap and good whey out there. I get 5lbs for $30 and it lasts all month. YOu just have to some shopping around. :cheers:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best bet is to get an MPI powder and add some EFAs to it.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
The Premixed RTD from EAS have 40G protein. Is your the powder? If so go with something else cause the make up of these is not worth the money. Make your own and buy a few blender cups at Nutra. the cups are on sale now too. And they last forever. Plus you get a better blend for your diet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Premixed RTD from EAS have 40G protein. Is your the powder? If so go with something else cause the make up of these is not worth the money. Make your own and buy a few blender cups at Nutra. the cups are on sale now too. And they last forever. Plus you get a better blend for your diet.
I think this is the advantage line that EAS makes.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I think this is the advantage line that EAS makes.
I have the proper supplements..

BCAA
WHEY
FISH OIL
CREATINE
BA
MULTI
CORDYGEN
DRIVE
IGF-2
RAG
PCS
CYCLE SUPPORT
TRIBULUS TEST EXT.
2 BLENDER BOTTLES
ETC....
ETC...

I was just curious on the EAS rtd's because i got a smokin deal off ebay, and thought the macro profile looked decent enough to rationalize the purchase. I dont see any harm in knocking these 40 or so rtd's out and then moving on....lol. I mean, when I can get 32 EAS rtd for $7....that is pretty hard to pass up. Just my opinion. Especially when protein is so expensive these days.

Im not drinking 5 a day, just 1, maybe 2, and GF drinks 1-2 a day. Just my thoughts though.

thanks for responses

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Then do not buy it. It is for Adkins like diets and will not be any help to you.
Huh? What does it matter if they are made for the russians? The profile isnt all that bad. You arent drinking a liquid cheeseburger for goodness sakes. There are much worse options out there.

100cals
3F
4C
15P

You drink 2 shakes real quick and you get....

200cals
6F
8C
30P

Not shabby, not great. IMO

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Soy milk can raise estrogen but only with frequent use. And by frequent I mean like more than 1 glass a day.

Soy Milk also has benefits. It is just as effective as whey protein in healing and it can raise Nitric Oxide levels

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Soy milk can raise estrogen but only with frequent use. And by frequent I mean like more than 1 glass a day.

Soy Milk also has benefits. It is just as effective as whey protein in healing and it can raise Nitric Oxide levels
So, i am assuming with me drinking 1-2 EAS rtd's , i wouldn't have to worry about raising estrogen....correct?

Cash

Awards
well sell these at the gym i work at, aswell as the EAS MRP powder shakes. Not sure if its maybe somethin dif. but i recall our RTD shakes having about 20g of protein ( i know their EAS). But they are alright, not the best protein shake i've tasted, but they are small enough you can get them down in a couple of gulps, sounds to me like you just found a nice deal, we sell the RTD's for 2.50 each, hehe.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
well sell these at the gym i work at, aswell as the EAS MRP powder shakes. Not sure if its maybe somethin dif. but i recall our RTD shakes having about 20g of protein ( i know their EAS). But they are alright, not the best protein shake i've tasted, but they are small enough you can get them down in a couple of gulps, sounds to me like you just found a nice deal, we sell the RTD's for 2.50 each, hehe.
Yep. those are it. I got 16 of those the other day off ebay for $7. Pretty good deal. They are pretty good too. $2.50/can...wow. My deal comes out to .43cents/can....hehe

:bruce1: