Killer chest Routine

penn21

penn21

Awards
Hey yall, Im glad to say that my hurt pec muscle was just a strain. I took a week off chest and it seems to be back to normal. I have a question that is not supp. related However, I need some advice from all you weight pumped freakks. My chest routine is not cutting it. I can not get past 300 on my flat max. The routine is getting very old. Post some of your chest routines that gained you the most mass without tearing a muscle in half. I cant get over the hump. Thats where you all come in! I have tried 5 sets of 5 for bulk. Pyrmaid routine. And 3 sets of 10 with 70% of my max. It was working for awhile. I went from a 185 max to 300 in 7 months. however, Im stalled. Helllp meeee:aargh:

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Last time I plateaued like that I completely switched up my routine and did some focus on my tris. You could try some Vince Gironda crazy 8s, 8x8 with only a 1 minute rest between sets, it would be a big change from what you are used to and that change should make your body react. Also I would focus on doing incline and decline 4x10s for a little while and then blast your Tris when you work them out, do that on a different day of course. Try those routines for a good month without doing and flat bench, the flat bench works your front deltoids a lot too so its not the best for isolating pectoral strength. Throw in some heavy dumbbell flys too while your at it, hit your chest from a different angle each week.

:bb3:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Are you going for size or strength? Because there is a huge with both training routines.

penn21

penn21

Awards
Well I would to like gain on both. I have pretty decent size. Im at 195lbs right now. But i think if id have to pick then id rather have the strength. Im training to become a body builder for a living. I have a LONG way to go. But its my dream and i aint giving it up yet. Thanks for the routine Mjolinr. 8x8 sounds crazy. Im afraid that might be to much strain for my "so-so" injured pec muscle. But i will take the advice!

penn21

penn21

Awards
I could easily take the easy road and juice. I want to prove to people what a hard gainer can do.