tired of blowing money on supps!

ofwolfandman

Awards
Alright, so after I'm done with my current arsenal of supplements, I plan on cutting way back. I have slowly learned that I do not need every supplement under the sun and most are just a waste of money. So here is what I am thinking about cutting down to:

Whey
Animal Pak
Waxiamize
Beta-Alanine
Fish Oil
Essential Fatty Acid Oil
L-Leucine

I do not respond to creatine so beta-alanine is kinda my replacement for it. Do I really need the l-leucine since i will be getting plenty of it from my protein intake? anything you would add? drop? thanks

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Drop Animal Pak,EFA and L-leucine. Also Beta-Alanine and waxy maize are not essential. For a Multi get Adam by Now.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At your age supplementation generally is not going make a big enough difference to spend a lot of money. Supplement your diet yah, amino's and things like that are just forms of food really. You learned a lesson good for you. Now maybe others will learn off your example.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Drop Animal Pak,EFA and L-leucine. Also Beta-Alanine and waxy maize are not essential. For a Multi get Adam by Now.
so basically you are saying he should drop everything but whey? lol.

def drop those stupid animal packs! get a regular mens multi at the grocery store, thats good enough.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so basically you are saying he should drop everything but whey? lol.

def drop those stupid animal packs! get a regular mens multi at the grocery store, thats good enough.

He should keep the whey, fish oil and a multi. That is really all that is "needed". He could even drop the fish oil and just eat salmon. I'm just saying if he wants to cut down and save money.

ofwolfandman

Awards
you guys dont like the animal pak's huh? haha why not?

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
bb.commers love the pak. I don't take multi's. I would keep the fish oil, whey, BA and a ACES and a B-complex. Or just get a multi.

ofwolfandman

Awards
Alright hows this:

Now's Adam Multi
Whey
Beta Alanine...maybe
Waxiamize

....and FOOD

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
bb.commers love the pak. I don't take multi's. I would keep the fish oil, whey, BA and a ACES and a B-complex. Or just get a multi.

I took Animal Pak for a couple of years and then figured out that I could get better vitamins elsewhere. Now I take Nature Made Maximin Pak from Walgreens, they're more potent and alot less pills to swallow.

ofwolfandman

Awards
hey i'll bet i'll be a hell of a lot less bloated too from cutting all my supps hahaha hopefully

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I haven't taken anything more than a multi, vitamin C, and fish oil for a good 4-5 months. No loss in strength, definition, etc vs spending an assload of money on supplementation. Even whey protien isnt essential if you get a good meal in after your workout...although it certainly helps in a pinch and it can be cheaper than whole food protiens.

I do like my 'old standby's' like Cissus, Creatine, Uni-Liver, etc...I do feel they provide a benefit, even if its mostly motivation to not waste my money :)

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
thought this was going to be a thread that we get to ***** about supps that dont work out for you, like they do for others--so my lastest waste of money furazabol,gave me wicked stomach pain,I was thinking it would stop but after 3 day had to quit

hardestgainer

hardestgainer

Awards
  • Established
I just cut down too. All I take is a multi, whey, fish oil, creatine mono, and a pre workout supp, currently RPM. Any twice a year an epi cycle with post cycle therapy. Keeps me looking mean.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Alright hows this:

Now's Adam Multi
Whey
Beta Alanine...maybe
Waxiamize

....and FOOD
That looks good and if you can esily afford it definately keep the waxy maize.I use ON's unflavored glyco maize(same thing)It really helps with pumps before a wo and helping transport nutrients to muscles after a wo.It is supposively 80 times faster than either dextrose or maltodextrin and does a better job at pulling water and other nutrients like amino acids and creatine into the bloodstream and muscle cells.I also like ON's multi and protiens.A good company with good cheap supps.Throw the fish oil back in.You can not get as much fish oil through diet as you can through supplementing.I read that about standard doses which is 1-2 grams.I'm taking 6 grams right now and some take much more.Fish oil does numerous things.

stallion35

Awards
if i had the money i would add the vitargo, but the job is to spike the insulin and replenish what was lost during workout, simple dextrose at the local health food store does the trick

b-complex (never tried animal pak)
flax/fish oil
bcaa's (they do help but no necessary)
whey
creatine/beta alanine

and of course food..............

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
My basics are: Protein, Fish Oil and a multi. I have bulk Cissus on hand too. My top supplement is Fish oil.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I'm a fan of BCAA's. They're just so damn anti-catabolic!