can supplements hurt healing?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I hurt my hamstring really bad a couple months back and it just wont seem to heal and feels crappy all the time. Are there any supplements that i could be taking that would hurt the healing process??? creatine, vitamin c, citruline, taurine, bcaa, aakg .....??????? thanks guys a lot for all the help.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I hurt my hamstring really bad a couple months back and it just wont seem to heal and feels crappy all the time. Are there any supplements that i could be taking that would hurt the healing process??? creatine, vitamin c, citruline, taurine, bcaa, aakg .....??????? thanks guys a lot for all the help.
If anything the supps you mentioned should help. What do mean by 'hurt'?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
by hurt i mean stop healing, slow it down. traumheal and arnica work to take pain away and inflamation. they make it feel better but dont actaully help healing. They help u get by when u have a bad injury and need to play through it. Ive had this problem since before christmas ad need it to heal. Im getting a MRI on friday so well see what that says......

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
by hurt i mean stop healing, slow it down. traumheal and arnica work to take pain away and inflamation. they make it feel better but dont actaully help healing. They help u get by when u have a bad injury and need to play through it. Ive had this problem since before christmas ad need it to heal. Im getting a MRI on friday so well see what that says......
No by hurt I wondered exactly what you meant by 'hurt' your ham. Bruised, pulled, etc...

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
oh, i have no freakin idea. i play college football, ive been to five trainers and three doctors and none of them have any idea. Its just been progressive pain since december that has gotten incredibly bad and cramps when i do most activities. It feels like i just ran a marathon with my left hammy all the time and like theres an uncomfortale pump in it all the time.

cantstop19

Awards
try going to wal mart and buy a softball, and try rolling that around on your hamstring, holding it on the sore spots for about 30 sec. then stretch and repeat through that cycle 2 or 3 times. that should definately help man if not help make it heal faster by getting blood circulating in there

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh, i have no freakin idea. i play college football, ive been to five trainers and three doctors and none of them have any idea. Its just been progressive pain since december that has gotten incredibly bad and cramps when i do most activities. It feels like i just ran a marathon with my left hammy all the time and like theres an uncomfortale pump in it all the time.
Have you had an ultrasound on it? It sounds like there may be calcium deposits in the fascia.

footster

footster

Awards
im not trying to take barge in on the your ham string dude. But you guys seem to know what to do to help healing. I fell on my shoulder (all my weight) two months ago, and there is still a lump and cant work chest. Im taking fish body oils, triflex, and just starting short, quick stretches. Just need more time? or is there something else i should do. I had it x-rayed right away when it happened, but nothing showed up. thanks

p.s good luck with your hammy dude..

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah i do the foam roller stuff and ive gotten ultrasound on it, but it just deoesnt seem to wana heal. Like flexibilty isnt a problem though at all

cantstop19

Awards
there could be two things wrong, the swelling may have made the x-ray come up negative if there was alot of it which by the way your explaining it thats the case, you may want to get another x-ray but on the other hand keep doing small excerciseses to strengthen it and try hard to work it around and loosen it up, there prolly quit a bit of scar tissue built up in there that just needs to be loosened up

cantstop19

Awards
yea bro idk then, i guess your best bet is to wait and see what the mri says make sure to put that traumheel on it a couple days before you go in so it decreases the swelling so their able to get a good clear look at it through the mri

footster

footster

Awards
there could be two things wrong, the swelling may have made the x-ray come up negative if there was alot of it which by the way your explaining it thats the case, you may want to get another x-ray but on the other hand keep doing small excerciseses to strengthen it and try hard to work it around and loosen it up, there prolly quit a bit of scar tissue built up in there that just needs to be loosened up
never thought about the xray not seeing clear threw the swelling good point. Someone told me i need to work out quick short movements to help repair the small tendons because they probably stretched. But yes there is a bump...just want to be at 100 percent again!!!lol

cantstop19

Awards
yea i feel ya, sometimes you just gotta work all the sorness and all that other stuff out its going to be painfull but once you get your regular range of motion back it will be all good