flax seed oil suggestions

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.43%

flax seed oil suggestions

Have never tried flax seed oil before....

I have looked at many brands and most I have never heard of before....so which company is superior for flax seed oil and which company has the best price per serving but still keeping its quality? Or does it not matter?

Thanks

Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Barleans I think it what the majority of people use, I use Health from The Sun, it tastes like absolute ****, but so do liver tabs.....

Braleans is good as for price, that depends on where you get it, 1fast has it at a very reasonable price, bodybuilding.com has it for an average price......
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.78%

Originally posted by YellowJacket
    I use Health from The Sun, it tastes like absolute ****, but so do liver tabs.....
    If taste is an issue, you might want to try a cinnamon flax oil by Spectrum Naturals. They make a product called Veg-Omega 3 Cinnamon. It is a flax oil with a bit of cinnamon oil added to it. The cinnamon "smoothes" it out quite a bit. The nutrient profile is the same as for regular flax oil.

The cinnamon flax oil tastes better than normal flax oil, but for me, the best part is it is easier on the stomach. Regular flax oil makes my stomach a bit queasy, but this cinnamon flax oil gives me no stomach discomfort. This is why I use it. If it were just a taste issue, I would deal with it, as I use some pretty nasty tasting protein powders, not to mention leptigen.

It is a bit more expensive, though. If memory serves, it is ~$7.50 to ~$8 for 8 oz. of the Veg-Omega 3 Cinnamon, whereas you can get regular flax oil for ~$8 per 12 oz. from 1fast.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.91%

i use barleans flaxoil and use 6 tbles daily. and to help with taste i add it to 3 of my shakes, and the rest i take straight up.
  5. E-BOLLER
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.85%

Barleans, along with my ground seed.
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Originally posted by YellowJacket
    Barleans I think it what the majority of people use, I use Health from The Sun, it tastes like absolute ****, but so do liver tabs.....

Braleans is good as for price, that depends on where you get it, 1fast has it at a very reasonable price, bodybuilding.com has it for an average price......
    also health from the sun...and yup, its pretty narly as far as taste. when i take it straight up, i got a nice tall glass of water sitting on my countertop, ready for downage. Hey shadowjack, im gonna look into that spectrum naturals brand. Taste not a huge issue but ill give it a look. thanx man
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.26%

There are supposed to be some "tasteless" versions out there as well that help quite a bit.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.1%

I use Barlean's and the taste is mild. I take mine straight up and don't need a chaser. That is how mild the taste is.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.44%

****, Barlean's straight up tastes flat out good. Ground flax is a great addition as well, dirt cheap too.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.48%

Originally posted by mauibuilt
    Have never tried flax seed oil before....

I have looked at many brands and most I have never heard of before....so which company is superior for flax seed oil and which company has the best price per serving but still keeping its quality? Or does it not matter?

Thanks

Or you can go with the capsules! I use olive oil, penaut oil, cod oil. straight for the bottle, Olive oil will be the most economical option.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.9%

Re: Re: flax seed oil suggestions

Originally posted by Rhinoman

Or you can go with the capsules! I use olive oil, penaut oil, cod oil. straight for the bottle, Olive oil will be the most economical option.
    ive done caps but had to pop 12-16 caps at 1000mg's to equal several tbls of liquid form. Indeed, you dont have to endure the taste of the oil but i flat out got tired of going through a 250 capsule bottle in 2 weeks. But hey, whether in cap form, liquid, or seed....getting flax or hemp anyway you can is great...agreed? yes!
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.67%

flax dose

What about Changes in other EFA's doesnt there have to be some type of proper ratio to go with that?
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.88%

I'm a big fan of Udo's oil. It has a good mix of EFA's and a few other things as well.
    It tastes ok too....kind of a nutty flavor.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question, regarding Flax seed oil.....
    By bizzare_777 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 11:38 PM
  2. Fish (salmon) and flax seed oils? any sides?
    By Grifty McGrift in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 01:10 PM
  3. Flax seed oil and cancer
    By kranden in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 06:41 PM
  4. flax seed oil
    By sage in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-28-2002, 08:22 PM