pregnenolone/low libido/tender balls

Rakz

Awards
Hi, 5 days ago I started supplementing pregnenolone, source naturals sublingual 10mg. I toog 5mg to start with, in the morning. After two days i got headache from it, now I take 2.5mg. I definitely feel the effects, a boost in energy and mood. However, 2 days ago I started to have tender balls, nut very much, just a dull ache. What could this be?

I also experience low libido, very low sexual desire. Is this just a coincidence or a side effect from the pregnenolone? Is pregnenolone prone to convert to estrogen/estradiol?

The reason I started to supplement with preg is because I'm suspecting adrenal fatigue.

I also have supplemented with 100mg 7-keto dhea, stopped yesterday to see if something improves.

My other supplements are:
L-lysine 2g three times daily
Eleuthero 1.5g twice daily
Licorice 1g daily
b5 (pantethine) 300mg twice daily
b6 (p5p) 100mg daily
b12 sublingual 1500mcg daily
zinc picolinate 50mg daily
maca 1g twice daily.

Anything in this that might interfere with libido?

Would appreciate suggestions!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hi, 5 days ago I started supplementing pregnenolone, source naturals sublingual 10mg. I toog 5mg to start with, in the morning. After two days i got headache from it, now I take 2.5mg. I definitely feel the effects, a boost in energy and mood. However, 2 days ago I started to have tender balls, nut very much, just a dull ache. What could this be?

I also experience low libido, very low sexual desire. Is this just a coincidence or a side effect from the pregnenolone? Is pregnenolone prone to convert to estrogen/estradiol?

The reason I started to supplement with preg is because I'm suspecting adrenal fatigue.

I also have supplemented with 100mg 7-keto dhea, stopped yesterday to see if something improves.

Licorice 1g daily
b6 (p5p) 100mg daily
maca 1g twice daily.

my word, man. why didn't you just get some reset ad, proven effective in a nice safe dose. you are making the cure worse than the ailment, with all the stuff you are taking what is helping, and what is hurting?

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established

Licorice 1g daily
b6 (p5p) 100mg daily
maca 1g twice daily.

Eleuthero is for the adrenal fatique.

Pregnenolone should be helping the libido if you just started. these are also symptoms that you describe when shutting down. which i suspect could be possible but not sure this early.

someone else may be able to chip in and help there.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Preg typically converts to dhea, progesterone or testosterone and only goes to estrogen if those are high.

If your problem persists, consider a blood test if you really want to know what's going on. For starters:

testosterone total/free
estradiol
dhea-s (check adrenal status)
fsh & lh (to check shutdown status)
tsh (low thyroid can cause low libido)

If your doc won't do it, life extension has a male panel for <$200! Then post your results to the male anti-aging forum.

You could also increase the maca, I've heard of taking up to 9g/day... I take about 5g NP bulk maca in my protein shakes... tastes kind of like malt powder. I got my wife on it too, LOL. Maca is adaptogenic... good for libido and adrenals (men and women)!