Inhibiting Progesterone

Predaking

Awards
I've been searching for something natural that inhibits progesterone, but I haven't been able to find anything. Anyone know of any supplements that do this, that don't increase estrogens?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
what is ur theory of why u need to inhibit progesterone...

Predaking

Awards
It's for libido and arousal. A lot of things seem to raise progesterone, and it maybe the reason why a lot of things stop working.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
You need to learn more about progesterone. It is a basic hormone used by the body to produce other hormones. Men over 35 should be using supplemental progesterone. For men, increasing test levels and controlling estrogen (not eliminating it) are the best methods for maintaining a healthy prostate and good hormonal health in general.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
well i dont understand ur reasoning...i meant could u show me some science indicating progesterone is bad...i dont think u wanna eliminate progesterone levels...maybe ur thinking of estrogen...if u are...start off with a low dose AI...or some other NHA stacks...

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I've been searching for something natural that inhibits progesterone, but I haven't been able to find anything. Anyone know of any supplements that do this, that don't increase estrogens?
Progesterone is responsible for so many things. It helps with mood, energy levels. etc.. You really don't want to inhibit this.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I think the OP meant inhibiting prolactin.

Predaking

Awards
I don't want to eliminate progesterone, just reduce its production because it maybe a bit high from supplements (coconut oil, magnesium, zinc, etc). Too much progesterone inhibits DHT, and when there's no DHT, there's no libido.

I have taken 0.5mg cabergoline. It helped the libido. This reduces progesterone in female sheep. The problem is I'm not female, and I'm not a sheep, so I don't know if it affected my progesterone.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
well sorry to tell u but i have never heard of an OTC supplement inhibiting progesterone...i dont think one even exists, atleast to my knowledge....if ur looking for other "female hormones" to inhibit there are
Prolactin controlling products
AI's (very popular)
and of course there are prohormones taht can substantially raise DHT levels...but that subject is for another thread...

Here is a chart of different hormone conversions...this can clear things up for u...

Attachments

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I don't want to eliminate progesterone, just reduce its production because it maybe a bit high from supplements (coconut oil, magnesium, zinc, etc). Too much progesterone inhibits DHT, and when there's no DHT, there's no libido.

I have taken 0.5mg cabergoline. It helped the libido. This reduces progesterone in female sheep. The problem is I'm not female, and I'm not a sheep, so I don't know if it affected my progesterone.
You are really confused about the role of progesterone. You do not want to inhibit this hormone. It is not feminizing in men and is an estrogen antagonist. It even mildly converts to testosterone in men. Do some research on the role of progesterone in men.