flushing in the face and diet

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Can get red in the face or flushing be associated with increase in protein consumption or any of the supplements (non-ph) common here?

Paragod

Awards
Could be allergic to it... Are you light headed when u get flushed?

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Can get red in the face or flushing be associated with increase in protein consumption or any of the supplements (non-ph) common here?

Flush? :dump:

Just kidding Moose. You taking anything with beta alanine, niacin, or GABA in it? All could cause a certain amount of "flush" that may or may not have redness with it. I know GABA gives me a little redness in the face and upper chest, which I think is blood rushing to the skin. Don't notice this with BA, but it might be possible.

LatsRus

LatsRus

Awards
when u get red in the face do your ears feel hot? this happens to me when i eat something im allergic too.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
well - i don't get a niacin rush feeling. i just notice when i get alot of grams of protein in people will comment that my face looks red and i'll notice it in the mirror. but not heat or itchness.

now - i do break out in hives around the nect and jaw when i take drive/rpm/ifg-2 but i am not currently on those. just vasoflow, bcaa's, and a multi.

ring any bells here. . .

ecto - i'll get back to ya at pm when i get a good break here at work to respond. thanks for getting back to me.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking any supps that affect BP? How long does the flushing persist? Hour, Two?. Does it intensify with different types of protein?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm...Vasoflow is raising a flag for me here. It could be a rush due to the ingredients in it. Sometimes a vasodilator will have this affect in some. But if it's hives or anything else, it sounds more like an allergy than a flush.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking any supps that affect BP? How long does the flushing persist? Hour, Two?. Does it intensify with different types of protein?
i would say in between 1-2 hours. also it seems worse when i use whey. i've pretty much been off of all my supps for a good three weeks. i started my lifting diet this week so that's why i was targeting protein. i began the vaso flow again yesterday but before my eveining wo and i noticed the flush during the day after a shake.

not familiar with what affects blood pressure - can you give some examples?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Vaso might touch the BP, With the fact that whey makes it show up quicker, Are you lactose tolerant? You may be becoming intolerant, have you tried other forms of protein with the same type of effects?
The vaso would be my first bet on the flush but if you get it without taking it then I'm thinking it could be a milk thing.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Vaso might touch the BP, With the fact that whey makes it show up quicker, Are you lactose tolerant? You may be becoming intolerant, have you tried other forms of protein with the same type of effects?
The vaso would be my first bet on the flush but if you get it without taking it then I'm thinking it could be a milk thing.
generally lactose intolerant for the most part. i go through phases where milk doesn't bother me. however - i was allergic to milk as a kid. vasoflow - increases or lowers BP?

yes - whey is the worst.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Vaso should increase BP. But now that you said you are lactose intolerant, There is your problem. Whey is made from milk. Try some Buckwheat protein from Kemistry, Or some other kind of non-milk based. I would steer clear of soy.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vaso should increase BP. But now that you said you are lactose intolerant, There is your problem. Whey is made from milk. Try some Buckwheat protein from Kemistry, Or some other kind of non-milk based. I would steer clear of soy.
Ah.... Good catch, 'BAMA. Odd way for lactose intolerance to present itself, but I guess all things are possible!

Perhaps switch up the protein types, or else go back to the old standbye...food. ;) Good luck!! :D