Why are men worth $5100 less than women? - Prostate Cancer is Real and Scary...

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Most men over look prostate cancer, but it is a big problem for men of all ages. Supplements like stinging nettle, saw palmetto and others like Pomegranate can help your fathers and brothers protect themselves from this horrible disease. Please help raise awareness among "non-bodybuilders" and let's make men as important as women in our society...

For this and other men's issues follow me over to the LG Sciences section for a further discussion...

"The United States invests approximately $16,700 to find a cure for each life lost to prostate cancer; more than $21,800 for each life lost to breast cancer, and about $160,000 for each life lost to AIDS.

Breast cancer for women and prostate cancer for men are quite similar afflictions. Consider these projections from the American Cancer Society:
Breast cancer (females) Prostate cancer (males)
New cases (2004) 215,990 230,110
Deaths (2004) 40,580 29,900

Yet in the media and our culture, prostate cancer and breast cancer are far from similar. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month, and the disease is receiving significant national attention, just as it does every year. Many celebrities have taken up the cause of raising money to fight breast cancer."

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Grape seed extract is supposed to be very effective with prostate cancer. Grunt76 says it has been shown to directly trigger apoptosis of precancerous and cancerous cells. He then went on to say that it has been shown to be an incredible antidote for gender cancers, such as prostate, testicles, ovaries, breast etc.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure how many men overlook prostate cancer seeing as how any man who has health insurance and follows the recommended checkup schedule get fingers put in his ass.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure how many men overlook prostate cancer seeing as how any man who has health insurance and follows the recommended checkup schedule get fingers put in his ass.
Perhaps right there is the reason that most men don't go for the 'regular' checkups?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Most men over look prostate cancer, but it is a big problem for men of all ages. Supplements like stinging nettle, saw palmetto and others like Pomegranate can help your fathers and brothers protect themselves from this horrible disease. Please help raise awareness among "non-bodybuilders" and let's make men as important as women in our society...

For this and other men's issues follow me over to the LG Sciences section for a further discussion...

"The United States invests approximately $16,700 to find a cure for each life lost to prostate cancer; more than $21,800 for each life lost to breast cancer, and about $160,000 for each life lost to AIDS.

Breast cancer for women and prostate cancer for men are quite similar afflictions. Consider these projections from the American Cancer Society:

Yet in the media and our culture, prostate cancer and breast cancer are far from similar. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month, and the disease is receiving significant national attention, just as it does every year. Many celebrities have taken up the cause of raising money to fight breast cancer."

While prostate issues run in my family, I do much more 'benefit work/fundraising' for Breast Cancer. Perhaps because 'Save the TaTa's' is a much better slogan than 'Save my A$$hole'.

bigirish4life

Awards
Eating spicy foods, mainly hot pepper dishes is shown to cause self termination of prostate cancer cells, due to capsaicin(sp?), good thing I love my hot wings spicy as hell

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Eating spicy foods, mainly hot pepper dishes is shown to cause self termination of prostate cancer cells, due to capsaicin(sp?), good thing I love my hot wings spicy as hell

Ring of Fire! FTW!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps right there is the reason that most men don't go for the 'regular' checkups?
Then why should others go out of the way to help those who don't help themselves?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Then why should others go out of the way to help those who don't help themselves?
Just cracking a joke man...

:hammer:

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i recall the first time i heard a prostate exam was digital

i thought cool neat and painless

then i realized which meaning of digital they meant lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thus why the PSA(Prostate Specific Antigen)test is so vital in early diagnosis and treatment. The longterm survival of prostate cancer is very good if it's caught early enough and treated appropriately.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, PSA's are really important. I am actually going to get one done the next time I visit my Dr.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
At what age should men receive their first PSA?

I'm shocked at the large difference in spending in AIDS research compared to the two most prominent causes of cancer. Gotta love the liberals' fear machine from the late 80s, making the whole world think AIDS is going to kill everyone. Seems like the same **** is happening with this global warming scare tactic.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At what age should men receive their first PSA?

I'm shocked at the large difference in spending in AIDS research compared to the two most prominent causes of cancer. Gotta love the liberals' fear machine from the late 80s, making the whole world think AIDS is going to kill everyone. Seems like the same **** is happening with this global warming scare tactic.
It can vary depending upon circumstances such as (prior family hx and current prostate issues.)

I'd probably venture to say that mid-thirties to forty years old would be a good start.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll bump to this! We are going to be having a HUGE charity fundraiser event soon at Club Myth to raise money for prostate and breast cancer, and it is all thanks to our boards sponsors! Let's help the good fight!

AM07

Awards
  • Established
It can vary depending upon circumstances such as (prior family hx and current prostate issues.)

I'd probably venture to say that mid-thirties to forty years old would be a good start.
I would assume it would be safer for people that use anabolic/androgenic substances to probably get a test done sooner though, correct?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would assume it would be safer for people that use anabolic/androgenic substances to probably get a test done sooner though, correct?
I think having it checked earlier would be a better idea in situations like that. They can certainly add insult to injury if a situation already exists and is currently undiagnosed.

It's like all the people that like to play around with IGF-1. While it is great stuff overall, i hope that the people that are taking it realize all the bad that can come from it also.

For example - If any given person has some type of pre-cancerous cells that exist somewhere in the body, IGF-1 can rapidly precipitate the process of malignancy by MANY fold. This very much includes prostate cancer.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For sure. If you have been using PH's like I have for the past 7-10 years, you will want to certainly get a more frequent check up just to be safe. I am also going to start on some low dose 19NorAndrosterone in a dermal to keep me leveled off hormonally and keep the prostate healthy.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Health/Cancer awareness is very important. It's good to see a thread like this spread the awareness and screening of prostate cancer. Sadly, it kills so many young guys every year.....

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Grape seed extract is supposed to be very effective with prostate cancer. Grunt76 says it has been shown to directly trigger apoptosis of precancerous and cancerous cells. He then went on to say that it has been shown to be an incredible antidote for gender cancers, such as prostate, testicles, ovaries, breast etc.

What about resveratrol, same benefit? I'm taking stoked! and nettle root.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
While prostate issues run in my family, I do much more 'benefit work/fundraising' for Breast Cancer. Perhaps because 'Save the TaTa's' is a much better slogan than 'Save my A$$hole'.
So you do fund raising/ charity work because of slogans?

Prostate cancer is actually more prevalent than breast cancer but receives next to no attention. The politicizing of disease.