Why are men worth $5100 less than women? - Prostate Cancer is Real and Scary... - AnabolicMinds.com

Why are men worth $5100 less than women? - Prostate Cancer is Real and Scary...

1. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation

Why are men worth $5100 less than women? - Prostate Cancer is Real and Scary...

Most men over look prostate cancer, but it is a big problem for men of all ages. Supplements like stinging nettle, saw palmetto and others like Pomegranate can help your fathers and brothers protect themselves from this horrible disease. Please help raise awareness among "non-bodybuilders" and let's make men as important as women in our society...

For this and other men's issues follow me over to the LG Sciences section for a further discussion...

"The United States invests approximately $16,700 to find a cure for each life lost to prostate cancer; more than $21,800 for each life lost to breast cancer, and about $160,000 for each life lost to AIDS.

Breast cancer for women and prostate cancer for men are quite similar afflictions. Consider these projections from the American Cancer Society:
    Breast cancer (females) Prostate cancer (males)
    New cases (2004) 215,990 230,110
    Deaths (2004) 40,580 29,900

Yet in the media and our culture, prostate cancer and breast cancer are far from similar. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month, and the disease is receiving significant national attention, just as it does every year. Many celebrities have taken up the cause of raising money to fight breast cancer."

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Grape seed extract is supposed to be very effective with prostate cancer. Grunt76 says it has been shown to directly trigger apoptosis of precancerous and cancerous cells. He then went on to say that it has been shown to be an incredible antidote for gender cancers, such as prostate, testicles, ovaries, breast etc.
  3. Professional Member

I'm not sure how many men overlook prostate cancer seeing as how any man who has health insurance and follows the recommended checkup schedule get fingers put in his ass.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    I'm not sure how many men overlook prostate cancer seeing as how any man who has health insurance and follows the recommended checkup schedule get fingers put in his ass.
    Perhaps right there is the reason that most men don't go for the 'regular' checkups?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Most men over look prostate cancer, but it is a big problem for men of all ages. Supplements like stinging nettle, saw palmetto and others like Pomegranate can help your fathers and brothers protect themselves from this horrible disease. Please help raise awareness among "non-bodybuilders" and let's make men as important as women in our society...

For this and other men's issues follow me over to the LG Sciences section for a further discussion...

"The United States invests approximately $16,700 to find a cure for each life lost to prostate cancer; more than $21,800 for each life lost to breast cancer, and about $160,000 for each life lost to AIDS.

Breast cancer for women and prostate cancer for men are quite similar afflictions. Consider these projections from the American Cancer Society:

Yet in the media and our culture, prostate cancer and breast cancer are far from similar. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month, and the disease is receiving significant national attention, just as it does every year. Many celebrities have taken up the cause of raising money to fight breast cancer."

While prostate issues run in my family, I do much more 'benefit work/fundraising' for Breast Cancer. Perhaps because 'Save the TaTa's' is a much better slogan than 'Save my A$$hole'.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  280 lbs.

Eating spicy foods, mainly hot pepper dishes is shown to cause self termination of prostate cancer cells, due to capsaicin(sp?), good thing I love my hot wings spicy as hell
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigirish4life View Post
    Eating spicy foods, mainly hot pepper dishes is shown to cause self termination of prostate cancer cells, due to capsaicin(sp?), good thing I love my hot wings spicy as hell

Ring of Fire! FTW!
  8. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Perhaps right there is the reason that most men don't go for the 'regular' checkups?
    Then why should others go out of the way to help those who don't help themselves?
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    Then why should others go out of the way to help those who don't help themselves?
    Just cracking a joke man...

10. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

i recall the first time i heard a prostate exam was digital

i thought cool neat and painless

then i realized which meaning of digital they meant lol
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post

Thus why the PSA(Prostate Specific Antigen)test is so vital in early diagnosis and treatment. The longterm survival of prostate cancer is very good if it's caught early enough and treated appropriately.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

12. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation

Yeah, PSA's are really important. I am actually going to get one done the next time I visit my Dr.
  13. Senior Member

At what age should men receive their first PSA?

I'm shocked at the large difference in spending in AIDS research compared to the two most prominent causes of cancer. Gotta love the liberals' fear machine from the late 80s, making the whole world think AIDS is going to kill everyone. Seems like the same **** is happening with this global warming scare tactic.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    At what age should men receive their first PSA?

I'm shocked at the large difference in spending in AIDS research compared to the two most prominent causes of cancer. Gotta love the liberals' fear machine from the late 80s, making the whole world think AIDS is going to kill everyone. Seems like the same **** is happening with this global warming scare tactic.
    It can vary depending upon circumstances such as (prior family hx and current prostate issues.)

I'd probably venture to say that mid-thirties to forty years old would be a good start.

Legendary

15. Club Myth CEO
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

I'll bump to this! We are going to be having a HUGE charity fundraiser event soon at Club Myth to raise money for prostate and breast cancer, and it is all thanks to our boards sponsors! Let's help the good fight!
  16. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    It can vary depending upon circumstances such as (prior family hx and current prostate issues.)

I'd probably venture to say that mid-thirties to forty years old would be a good start.
    I would assume it would be safer for people that use anabolic/androgenic substances to probably get a test done sooner though, correct?
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    I would assume it would be safer for people that use anabolic/androgenic substances to probably get a test done sooner though, correct?
    I think having it checked earlier would be a better idea in situations like that. They can certainly add insult to injury if a situation already exists and is currently undiagnosed.

It's like all the people that like to play around with IGF-1. While it is great stuff overall, i hope that the people that are taking it realize all the bad that can come from it also.

For example - If any given person has some type of pre-cancerous cells that exist somewhere in the body, IGF-1 can rapidly precipitate the process of malignancy by MANY fold. This very much includes prostate cancer.

Legendary

18. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation

For sure. If you have been using PH's like I have for the past 7-10 years, you will want to certainly get a more frequent check up just to be safe. I am also going to start on some low dose 19NorAndrosterone in a dermal to keep me leveled off hormonally and keep the prostate healthy.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Health/Cancer awareness is very important. It's good to see a thread like this spread the awareness and screening of prostate cancer. Sadly, it kills so many young guys every year.....

Legendary

20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    Grape seed extract is supposed to be very effective with prostate cancer. Grunt76 says it has been shown to directly trigger apoptosis of precancerous and cancerous cells. He then went on to say that it has been shown to be an incredible antidote for gender cancers, such as prostate, testicles, ovaries, breast etc.

What about resveratrol, same benefit? I'm taking stoked! and nettle root.
  21. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    While prostate issues run in my family, I do much more 'benefit work/fundraising' for Breast Cancer. Perhaps because 'Save the TaTa's' is a much better slogan than 'Save my A$$hole'.
    So you do fund raising/ charity work because of slogans?

Prostate cancer is actually more prevalent than breast cancer but receives next to no attention. The politicizing of disease.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Vitamin E and prostate cancer
    By BBB in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 09:35 PM
  2. Finasteride and Prostate Cancer
    By rick055 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 11:04 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 10:55 PM
  4. IGF-1 and prostate cancer