Protein! Hgh! Muscle Milk! Power Bars!!!!

young weezel

Awards
Hello all this is my first post as I am a new member to AM. I am a 21 year old college student that lifts weights to keep me sane while i am studying biology in chemistry with hopes of getting into medical school. I have seen some really good results as I have went from about 185 to somewhere between 200 and 210. I have been using several supplements but it seems as though the best results have come via a NO x-plode, cell mass, zma, and ON whey protein combination. I am always open to new possiblities as I am not the most educated in the supplement world. Lateley it seems as though I have somewhat plateaued and was hoping to get some advice on different supplements. I'm not too knowledgeable on prohormones at all and have never taken them because I didn't want to take them incorrectly and hurt myself. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! And a shout out to all you "my new haircut" fans that recognized the stolen title lol.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Let's see...I watched "my new haircut" prob. 50 times and laugh my balls off everytime. youtube classic.

Regarding supps., it may not be what NEW things you need, rather your diet and how you might tweak it (macronutrient ratios for example).

A simple, affordable supp. you might look into for workout endurance is beta-alanine. Just buy it in bulk powder form (it tastes fine and you only take 2g at a time--usually). It's an H+ buffer (H+ from lactic acid build up). It has a variety of benefits really. You also might look into arginine ethyl ester. I added this to my workouts (pre and post) and it keeps me going balls out while on super low carb and after cardio! Cheap too. For heaven's sake man, get it capped or be prepared for the worst tasting crap you will ever encounter!

Those are 2 effective, cheap, tried-and-true supps I recommend to you. Good luck meng.

Oh, and know the detailed difference between SN1 and SN2 reactions for the MCAT. :p For realz dood!

TonySmiles

TonySmiles

Awards
Hello all this is my first post as I am a new member to AM. I am a 21 year old college student that lifts weights to keep me sane while i am studying biology in chemistry with hopes of getting into medical school. I have seen some really good results as I have went from about 185 to somewhere between 200 and 210. I have been using several supplements but it seems as though the best results have come via a NO x-plode, cell mass, zma, and ON whey protein combination. I am always open to new possiblities as I am not the most educated in the supplement world. Lateley it seems as though I have somewhat plateaued and was hoping to get some advice on different supplements. I'm not too knowledgeable on prohormones at all and have never taken them because I didn't want to take them incorrectly and hurt myself. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! And a shout out to all you "my new haircut" fans that recognized the stolen title lol.
:wave: Welcome. This is an excellent site for learning anything/everything possible about training. Remember the basics: Proper eating and rest and your supps will be even more effective. Take advantage of your search option and you can find anything. I "lurked" around here for about a year b4 even becoming a member and learned so much info. As far as the prohormones and what not, definitely do your homework (search) and you will be thankful you did. You have listed some very decent basic supps. I tend to switch up my N.O. products every tub or so, cuz from my experience, I build up a tolerance to them quickly. Good luck to you and you are not the only one that trains to keep sane. :dance:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
sounds like you have a bsic routine thats pretty good. how long have you been using your same workout? same diet? try switching your workout up along with breaks in between every once and awhile, also your using good basics, but your using the more expensive kinds such as BSN. try for cheaper version and/or bulk from Nutraplanet

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone's pretty much already told ya what ya need to hear - evaluate your diet as it will make or brake you, switch your lifting routines fairly often; try to buy bulk supps - I know NP has the cheapest ZMA I've found anywhere.

Welcome to the board - any fellow biology nerd is a good addition in my book :thumbsup:

young weezel

Awards
well my diet has been pretty consistent i have been trying to do 5 to 6 small meals per day but especially now working in the emergency room it gets somewhat hard. As far as my workout i've been working out 5 days a week doing chest, tri's, and shoulders one day and alternating to legs, bi's, and back the next. I plan on changing up my workout routine next week but don't know if I should split it into 4 days and isolate one body part each day or keep with working multiples on the same day. I saw where pump recommended b-alanine and was wondering if any of you had tried HYPERTROP-X. it is a pre and i believe it has b-alanine. or what about nitro shock have any of you tried that? as far as switching NO, i really don't know of any that are popular other than NANO vapor which really made me want to kill myself lol. but if you could recommend any that you have had success with i'd be more than thankful. also, thank you to those who have already replied i was somewhat leary posting as a noob haha but you guys are really supportive THANKS!!!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Funny you should mention Hypertrop-X - cuz I'm logging it right now. Go check it this thread if you'd like - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/94391-resolved-lift-heavier.html

At this point, I would definitely recommend Trop-X. The Yohimbine in it is a great stim that wakes you up and gives focus without jitters. The Beta-Alanine really increases recovery and stamina and leucine has great downstream messenger capacities to up-regulate fiber synthesis and repair.

If your really interested, also check out this threadhttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/advanced-muscle-science/91993-hypertrop-x-apply.html AMS is running a Trop-x test en masse to increase visibility for themselves. If you apply for phase II you might get chosen to log it and a couple of free bottles - I did.

Concerning your workouts, I personally don't like more than 4days per week and really try to keep it down to 3 - either split into 2body parts per day, or total body 3x/week, with 6-8lifts each day. Look around on the board, or check out T-nation or bodybuilding.com for some great routines.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
im currently logging Hypertrop-x in link is in my sig. I love beta alanine but IntraXcell gives me ther better beta alanine feeling than Hypertrop-x does. but yes i would recommend it!

NANO VAPOR IS OVER PRICED AS ALL MUSCLE TECH! its not even popular do some research over it. Anyways popular Pre-wo NO wise are RPM, RAgnarok, Superpump250

I have great success with 2 body parts per day. I am about to switch it up in 3 weeks and try 1 body part per day though

Daminals

Daminals

Awards
A strong form of ecdysterone from Rhaponticum works great along wit increased amino acid/protein intake.