help with my 16 week bulk

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
okay so starting either august i will be starting my first massive planned bulk. heres my plan so far, open to suggestions of course.

weeks 1-8 will consist of no supplements, just clean eating, possibly creatine mono, and bcaa's/leucine. lifts will be in the 4-6 rep range. each body part on its own day.

weeks 9-16 will be the fun part. i want to either use drive/rpm (had awesome results with already), massfx/hdx2 or something else, to be suggested by you guys i hope, along with bcaa's/leucine and probably lifts will be in the 8-12 rep range.

im looking to gain from 15-25 lbs within those 4 months. diet will be as follows:
around 300 grams of protein, 250 grams of protein (about 150 for off days), and around 50 grams of fat.

im 19, but ill be 20 on july 28th, about 183 lbs, 5'11''. ive been lifting for about 2 years now, 1.5 being serious. i definitely think my goal is more than attainable with the amount of discipline and intensity i put into this. just looking for a little something to help me out (naturally) for the latter part of the bulk.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you already know what you're doing. Anything is achievable, just stick to the program! :)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dam jay cutlers shoulder is as big as his head...lol

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Dam jay cutlers shoulder is as big as his head...lol
haha thats me. was weird to have a guy weigh nearly twice as much, be twice as wide, but be almost 2 inches shorter standing next to me.

J

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
for ur supplements i would pick up some HDX2(6perday), bulk AA, bulk divanil, bulk forskolin and YG...this will yield fantastic results...ull be dense, vascular and could easily gain 12 pounds on this...depending on how u cycle it...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could do it, I have no doubt with proper diet and lifting. I am at a loss as to why a 19 year old needs those kinds of supps. I have put more weight on a person than this with just diet. Eat 5000 calories a day 40 40 20 do 2 days of 30 50 20 a week. Don't eat any junk and you should be fine. My son did a 30 lb bulk in 4 months with this regime. He had a little extra fat as he did stray a bit but looked pretty good. I may still have his diet kicking around if your interested. He went from 245 to 275.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
You could do it, I have no doubt with proper diet and lifting. I am at a loss as to why a 19 year old needs those kinds of supps. I have put more weight on a person than this with just diet. Eat 5000 calories a day 40 40 20 do 2 days of 30 50 20 a week. Don't eat any junk and you should be fine. My son did a 30 lb bulk in 4 months with this regime. He had a little extra fat as he did stray a bit but looked pretty good. I may still have his diet kicking around if your interested. He went from 245 to 275.
i tend to gain fat rather easily, but i plan on doing morning cardio 1 or 2 times a week to try to keep it to a minimum. id be very interested in that regimen tho.

J

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
i expected u gained fat easily...just cause most people do...which is why i "prescribed" those specific supplements...with a good diet u will become a freak after 16 weeks...trey brewer watch out...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i tend to gain fat rather easily, but i plan on doing morning cardio 1 or 2 times a week to try to keep it to a minimum. id be very interested in that regimen tho.
Ok I'll see if I can dig it up.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 1 - 4

Here are a couple scenarios bear in mind this is not as strict as I would be and there are too many shakes as it is hard to keep an 18 year old on a very strict diet.

7:00 AM 4 large eggs
3 pieces of whole wheat toast
butter
16 oz Orange Juice (big glass)

9:00 AM 1 Tblsp Flax seed oil
1 tblsp olive oil
Protein Shake 2 scoops 8 oz milk
I Orange or any other fruit

12:00 PM Tuna 1 can mixed with mayo or spice
Rice, 2 cups cooked

2:30 PM 1 Tblsp Flax seed oil
1 tblsp olive oil

5:00 PM Chicken Breast, Steak, Hamburg, Tuna
2 Potatoes Baked
Brocolli I cup

8:30 PM 650 ml Yogurt
1 Tblsp Flax seed oil
1 tblsp olive oil
2 pieces fruit

And for variety sake

Oatmeal 1 cup dry 2 cooked, 1/4 cup raisins and Honey
1 Tblsp Flax seed oil
1 tblsp olive oil

1 Tblsp Flax seed oil
1 tblsp olive oil

Tuna 1 can mixed with mayo or spice
Rice, 2 cups cooked I cup dry

1 Tblsp Flax seed oil
1 tblsp olive oil

Chicken Breast, Steak, Hamburg, Tuna
2 Potatoes Baked
Brocolli I cup

3 Tblspn Peanut Butter
1 Tblsp Flax seed oil
1 tblsp olive oil
2 pieces fruit

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a weekend example more carbs and I let him have a pizza night again better to lose a battle than to lose the war.

Time Saturday

9:00 AM Oatmeal 1 cup dry 2 cooked, 1/4 cup raisins and Honey
2 pieces of whole wheat toast
butter

12:00 PM Tuna 1 can mixed with mayo or spice
Rice, 1 cup cooked I cup dry
2 pieces of whole wheat bread

2:30 PM 1 Tblsp Flax seed oil
1 tblsp olive oil
Protein Shake 1 scoop 8 oz milk
2 pieces fruit

5:00 PM Pizza

8:30 PM 2 pieces fruit
3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter

Remember he was on a straight bulk, but he put on mostly lean mass. He is also prone to gain fat. I would clean the diet up a bit but the essentials are there.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
this is something like how i expect my diet to go:
morning meal will always be 5 eggs, 1 cup oats, and a little bit of natural maple syrup.
the rest of my meals will be chicken, lean beef, lean turkey, or tuna with either brown rice, whole grain pasta, or oats.
each meal will be roughly between 40-60 grams of protein, 40-60 grams of complex carbs, and a little bit of olive oil.
my snacks are usually cottage cheese with ground oats and a little bit of organic jam, 2 scoops whey, or just a spoonful of natty PB.
i dont have a before bed snack usually unless im reallllly hungry only because i have come to the conclusion my body should be using all of its energy for recovery rather than digestion. no scientific evidence to back this opinion, just my logic.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would add some cottage cheese for you bed snack if I were you.

Oh and use fitday it is much easier to count calories and get you macronutrient ratios set, this way you can plan ahead. It's www.fitday.com very important when your bulking to ensure leaner gains.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
alright so judging from my results with drive/rpm, im gonna go with that again.

question for the AN reps tho: would it be good to just use it for the strength training part, weeks 1-8, or during the second part where i hope to focus mainly on gains in mass. i was thinking maybe even using it the first 6 weeks, take 2 weeks off, then do another 6 week run.

i dont really have any issues with having to buy all those bottles either because i already saw the results and know im not just buying into a placebo effect. just curious as to where i would benefit most.