Protein Shake Powder

empreality

empreality

Awards
What are some good recommendations, not stack recommendations, just a product? Not for weight gaining, just for....protein shakes....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are a couple of company's on this board that make very good product. You don't have to get too fancy with powder, I think a good blend is the best bang for the buck. The only time I get particular is when I used to compete I used to get the stuff they use at the hospitals.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Check out All the Whey's subforum as well as True Protein. All the Whey offers some nice deals on isolates, blends, concentrates (with great flavors as well, I just ordered 5 lbs of Cinnamon Bun and 5 lbs of chocolate). True Protein has great products as well and offers a custom made formula option. Both companies also offer sample packs if you want to try the flavors before ordering a large amount which is very helpful.

Or if you just want to keep it basic but get quality protein head over to NutraPlanet and check out Optimum Nutritions Gold Standard Whey and Dymatize Elite Whey (I have used all the above mentioned products and you can't go wrong).

e30Kat

e30Kat

Awards
Here is a question that somewhat fits under this thread... what protein is best for a lean bulk - from what i've heard its 100% whey, is this correct?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Here is a question that somewhat fits under this thread... what protein is best for a lean bulk - from what i've heard its 100% whey, is this correct?
I assume your talking what type of protein is best for a lean bulk (whey, casein, egg, etc)? I personally like a blend of proteins (ideally like a 33% break down of isolate/casein/egg). However I typically buy Isolates or a blend and take it with milk or cottage cheese to up the levels of certain proteins (and thus get a steadier stream of Amino Acids in my blood and keep nitrogen retention up).

e30Kat

e30Kat

Awards
I assume your talking what type of protein is best for a lean bulk (whey, casein, egg, etc)? I personally like a blend of proteins (ideally like a 33% break down of isolate/casein/egg). However I typically buy Isolates or a blend and take it with milk or cottage cheese to up the levels of certain proteins (and thus get a steadier stream of Amino Acids in my blood and keep nitrogen retention up).
yes, thats what i meant. Sounds like its a question that has many answers - i'll make a seperate thread. thanks for your quick reply though!