Protein Shake Powder

1. Registered User

Protein Shake Powder

What are some good recommendations, not stack recommendations, just a product? Not for weight gaining, just for....protein shakes....

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

There are a couple of company's on this board that make very good product. You don't have to get too fancy with powder, I think a good blend is the best bang for the buck. The only time I get particular is when I used to compete I used to get the stuff they use at the hospitals.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Check out All the Whey's subforum as well as True Protein. All the Whey offers some nice deals on isolates, blends, concentrates (with great flavors as well, I just ordered 5 lbs of Cinnamon Bun and 5 lbs of chocolate). True Protein has great products as well and offers a custom made formula option. Both companies also offer sample packs if you want to try the flavors before ordering a large amount which is very helpful.

Or if you just want to keep it basic but get quality protein head over to NutraPlanet and check out Optimum Nutritions Gold Standard Whey and Dymatize Elite Whey (I have used all the above mentioned products and you can't go wrong).
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Got to agree with OCC.
    Actually with 10% off this weekend, you can get a 5lb of Dymatize for $31.50 http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/d...5-lb-5-lb.html , with some great flavour options (Search Cafe Mocha). That would be my 1st choice, but Allthewhey has a great Cinnamon and Pineapple, and TP has excellent choices too.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Here is a question that somewhat fits under this thread... what protein is best for a lean bulk - from what i've heard its 100% whey, is this correct?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by e30Kat View Post
    Here is a question that somewhat fits under this thread... what protein is best for a lean bulk - from what i've heard its 100% whey, is this correct?
    I assume your talking what type of protein is best for a lean bulk (whey, casein, egg, etc)? I personally like a blend of proteins (ideally like a 33% break down of isolate/casein/egg). However I typically buy Isolates or a blend and take it with milk or cottage cheese to up the levels of certain proteins (and thus get a steadier stream of Amino Acids in my blood and keep nitrogen retention up).
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    I assume your talking what type of protein is best for a lean bulk (whey, casein, egg, etc)? I personally like a blend of proteins (ideally like a 33% break down of isolate/casein/egg). However I typically buy Isolates or a blend and take it with milk or cottage cheese to up the levels of certain proteins (and thus get a steadier stream of Amino Acids in my blood and keep nitrogen retention up).
    yes, thats what i meant. Sounds like its a question that has many answers - i'll make a seperate thread. thanks for your quick reply though!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Protein Drink vs. Protein Shake Plus
    By pizzathehut in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 12:50 PM
  2. Gatorade powder mix in post-workout shake?
    By Harry Manback in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
  3. Difference between protein shake and protein from meats
    By 1wickd6 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 09:12 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 07:24 PM
  5. Favorite powder besides creatine to add to Protein shake
    By spitboy2000 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15