Lactose-free whey?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.45%

Lactose-free whey?

I think I'm lactose intolerant, does anybody know of any lactose-free whey besides isopure?

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.91%

im pretty sure optimum is lactose free
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.9%

Whey protein isolates should be nearly lactose free as long as they don't add whey protein concentrate to it.

Isopure, AST's VP-2, and of course protein customizer's two whey protein isolate products are all examples of Whey protein isolates.

I've seen advertisements for lactose-free whey protein concentrates, but I do not know anything about them.

~Todd
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.79%

Pure WPI by Bioplex is also lactose free. I am somewhat lactose intolerant and I can digest it without issue.

One side comment. It is possible that some people who think they are lactose intolerant may be reacting to the impurities in "cheap" whey. For example, 100% Whey (Optimum) and Simply Whey (EAS) have been reported to have digestion problems even by people who have no problem with other products that contain lactose.
  5. Far Beyond Driven
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.03%

I like the Sci Fit Isolate. (I'm drinking it right now!) It's always cheaper than Isopure, tastes a **** load better and great numbers. Per serving: 2 scoops, 52 g protein, 0 carbs, 10 g glutamine, 13 g BCAA's and no aspartame.

Ryan
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.67%

Originally posted by Cogar
    Pure WPI by Bioplex is also lactose free. I am somewhat lactose intolerant and I can digest it without issue.

One side comment. It is possible that some people who think they are lactose intolerant may be reacting to the impurities in "cheap" whey. For example, 100% Whey (Optimum) and Simply Whey (EAS) have been reported to have digestion problems even by people who have no problem with other products that contain lactose.
    Hey Cogar, What do you think of that Bioplex WPI??? I almost got some of the stuff because of the high protien content. That ****s over 80 % if the labels right. Just havent heard enough about it so im sticking with optimum untill i do.....
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.79%

Originally posted by jaketparker

Hey Cogar, What do you think of that Bioplex WPI??? I almost got some of the stuff because of the high protien content. That ****s over 80 % if the labels right. Just havent heard enough about it so im sticking with optimum untill i do.....
    I like it and use it almost exclusively. The exception is that occasionally I will buy something cheaper, but the taste or digestion problems has driven me back to the Pure WPI each time so far.

One more comment: it is pretty well established that whey protein isolate has a superior amino acid profile and so forth compared to whey. The only reason I see for not using WPI would be to save money.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Nectar by Syntrax is lactose free, fat free, and carb free.. And damn tasty!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gluten & lactose free pancakes
    By Distilled Water in forum Recipes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 03:16 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 05:49 PM
  3. Lactose Free protein
    By legend95 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 06:24 PM
  4. know of any soy free whey protein?