Lactose-free whey?

T-Bar

Awards
I think I'm lactose intolerant, does anybody know of any lactose-free whey besides isopure?

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Whey protein isolates should be nearly lactose free as long as they don't add whey protein concentrate to it.

Isopure, AST's VP-2, and of course protein customizer's two whey protein isolate products are all examples of Whey protein isolates.

I've seen advertisements for lactose-free whey protein concentrates, but I do not know anything about them.

~Todd

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Pure WPI by Bioplex is also lactose free. I am somewhat lactose intolerant and I can digest it without issue.

One side comment. It is possible that some people who think they are lactose intolerant may be reacting to the impurities in "cheap" whey. For example, 100% Whey (Optimum) and Simply Whey (EAS) have been reported to have digestion problems even by people who have no problem with other products that contain lactose.

rpward210

Far Beyond Driven
Awards
I like the Sci Fit Isolate. (I'm drinking it right now!) It's always cheaper than Isopure, tastes a **** load better and great numbers. Per serving: 2 scoops, 52 g protein, 0 carbs, 10 g glutamine, 13 g BCAA's and no aspartame.

Ryan

jaketparker

Awards
Pure WPI by Bioplex is also lactose free. I am somewhat lactose intolerant and I can digest it without issue.

One side comment. It is possible that some people who think they are lactose intolerant may be reacting to the impurities in "cheap" whey. For example, 100% Whey (Optimum) and Simply Whey (EAS) have been reported to have digestion problems even by people who have no problem with other products that contain lactose.
Hey Cogar, What do you think of that Bioplex WPI??? I almost got some of the stuff because of the high protien content. That shits over 80 % if the labels right. Just havent heard enough about it so im sticking with optimum untill i do.....

Cogar

Awards
  • Established

Hey Cogar, What do you think of that Bioplex WPI??? I almost got some of the stuff because of the high protien content. That shits over 80 % if the labels right. Just havent heard enough about it so im sticking with optimum untill i do.....
I like it and use it almost exclusively. The exception is that occasionally I will buy something cheaper, but the taste or digestion problems has driven me back to the Pure WPI each time so far.

One more comment: it is pretty well established that whey protein isolate has a superior amino acid profile and so forth compared to whey. The only reason I see for not using WPI would be to save money.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nectar by Syntrax is lactose free, fat free, and carb free.. And damn tasty!!