Ketosis supplements - AnabolicMinds.com

Ketosis supplements

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  207 lbs.

Ketosis supplements

Hello to all . I'm 29 , 5'10" , and 204 lbs as of this morning . I've been in ketosis for 5 days now and am starting to feel better . My question is what supplements can I take while in ketosis to help preserve muscle ? I'm eating lots of good protien . And I understand there will be some size loss due to glucose levels being depleted . Just wondering what everyone else knows about ketogenic diets . I figure this is the fasted way to cut fat . I'm at about 15% give or take and would like to be at about 7-8% for the summer . For informational purposes I also have a nice new bottle of decabolen schuduled for july . This however is the first time in my life that I have had to cut fat , so any input constructive or otherwise will be appreciated.

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

OCCFan has been doing ketosis for a while, I'll send him a link to this thread so hopefully he can help you out. I haven't dabbled without ketosis so I can't give you too much useful advice. This is the weekend to stock up though, huge sale going on at NutraPlanet! NutraPlanet Memorial Day/Economy Stimulation SALE
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Thanks for the link Steveo.

Whats up Svg. Like Seve said I recently came off my first run with a really strict CKD. Depening on what type of keto diet you are running there are a couple supplements I would highly reccomend.

First off Anabolic Pump and P-Slin. I used both on my carb up days (was taking in roughly 800 grams of carbs) and both were very effective at promoting glycogen uptake to the 10th degree. If you are running a TKD or are taking in carbs during the week than AP would be perfect to use before those meals. Both are highly reccomended.
    Anabolic Pump (90+ caps) By: USPLabs
    P-Slin (30 caps) By: Pure Supplements

After that my next supplement of choice was RPM. Given that the transition in ketosis can be very rough RPM was a godsend for me (even during weeks 1-2 I never felt a drop in physical energy.) Although training decreased (which I now know is just from my personal non response to a CKD diet) energy/fatigue/crappy feeling was kept away.
    RPM (110 capsules) By: Applied Nutriceuticals

Those were the basics supplements I used that proved very beneficial during my instigation of the CKD. Others that would be well worth your time to look at would be a solid multi vitamin like NOW Adam to help with the lack of nutrients from the lack carbs in your diet (carbs are excellent sources of vitamins and minerals so it would be beneficial to help get them in). I was also pretty paranoid about any insulin effects but looking back I wish I had still been a regular user of BCAAs (I later tested with ketostix and saw no drop out of ketosis despite there use). So on that note I would suggest looking into a quality BCAA product like Xtend
    Xtend (1016 grams) By: Scivation

Like Steveo said you couldn't have picked a better time. NutaPlanet is doing a huge Memorial day sale and you can make a killer deal on some supplements that will make your life much easier through the keto diet.

Good luck bro, and if you have any other Qs fire away.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  207 lbs.

Thanks for the info . What do you think of guggulbolic by Syntrax ? That should work good with a ketogenic diet shouldn't it ? I know that's not related to muscle preservation , but I was just wondering .
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Svgeman View Post
    Thanks for the info . What do you think of guggulbolic by Syntrax ? That should work good with a ketogenic diet shouldn't it ? I know that's not related to muscle preservation , but I was just wondering .
    It's crap... far better ways to manipulate thyroid. Forskolin based products will do you well.

You are more than welcome to view my workout journal regarding products used while dieting keto-style.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Anabolic Pump and Xtend. Didn't even read your post and I could correctly answer whatever your question was.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Yea I have heard very negative things regarding Guggulbolic.

If you are looking for that little extra boost (which I wouldn't say is completely necessary) I would say look into Dicana (Dicana (90 caps) By: ThermoLife)
    or ReCreate (Recreate (90 caps) By: USPLabs). Personally I would recommend ReCreate highly from personal experience (and it encompasses your interest in T3 and T4 activation/modulation) and recommend Dicana because you showed interest in direct thyroid modulation (and I have heard some good feedback on it).
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Hello to all . I'm 29 , 5'10" , and 204 lbs as of this morning . I've been in ketosis for 5 days now and am starting to feel better . My question is what supplements can I take while in ketosis to help preserve muscle ? I'm eating lots of good protien . And I understand there will be some size loss due to glucose levels being depleted . Just wondering what everyone else knows about ketogenic diets . I figure this is the fasted way to cut fat . I'm at about 15% give or take and would like to be at about 7-8% for the summer . For informational purposes I also have a nice new bottle of decabolen schuduled for july . This however is the first time in my life that I have had to cut fat , so any input constructive or otherwise will be appreciated.
    X-factor will help to preserve muscle on a cut. I'm running a CKD log in the supp. review section w/ x-factor right now. Are you doing a strict keto? Or are you incorporating a carb up as well? At 15% bf I would highly recommend you cycle carbohydrates if you're not already...that will help you to preserve muscle more than any supplement will.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

keto i would suggest clen to help protect your muscles and aid in the fat loss; just as long as there are no heart conditions and your blood pressure is fine
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lontroc View Post
    keto i would suggest clen to help protect your muscles and aid in the fat loss; just as long as there are no heart conditions and your blood pressure is fine
    I have read that clen is a great anti-catabolic.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

As long as you take in adequate protein and continue to lift, you won't lose any muscle. Period. Glycerol and creatine are useful but make sure to up your water intake BIGTIME. Something like Essentials + glycerol + an ALCAR/PLCAR containing fat burner would be ideal. Hope this helps.

Similar Forum Threads

1. help to get into ketosis
    By fitnessgoal in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 09:31 AM
  2. Ketosis ?
    By petey7408 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 08:24 AM
  3. ketosis
    By rrm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 32