Another *NEWB* here looking to step my game up.. HELP PLEASE

KrunkChris

Awards
Hey guys,
Im new to these forums and want to start by saying HI.. Ive looked/read around a little bit, and it seems that I found the place I was looking for. I have been working out for about 3+ years now, only taking minimal time off. Im currently 6ft 180lbs, but have recently hit a peak in my strength gains. What I want is cutt lean muscle, Im not as much into strength as I once was, but would still like to improve that as well. I bench 225pds around 6-8 times. Im looking for some assistance in my diet, workout plans/exercises, and supplements. The only thing I take at the moment is whey protein about 50g a day. any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone, Im excited to be here!
-Chris

Attachments

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Going on a bulk is notorious for breaking plateaus. As far as supplements, try one at a time and see how each works. To start out, I'd suggest some BCAA's along with your protein. Also, to get the most out of that protein or any food consumed while on a bulk, super enzymes could be really useful.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
My advice

First off let me say Welcome! Your at the right place...alot of smart people here, and no crap talk except for the occasional big head
Diet:
- High carb, High Protein, Low fats. Typically 40-40-20. Check out the "anabolic Diet" as well

Workouts:

-German Volume Training
-High Intensity training
-Bill Starr MadCow 5x5 (awesome for mass/strength gains)

until you have those in tweak i would refrane from using and supplements.Also try taking in Bodyweightx2 for Daily protein intake. I would also say take some BCAA/EAA's.

any other questions feel free to PM me

KrunkChris

Awards
what if I wanted to start now with a more cutting lean muscle program, and saved the bulk for later. Once I feel comfortable with where I am exactly? Is that an ok direction or should I bulk then cutt? Sorry guys, im new at this..
Thanks, -Chris

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i would say bulk, followed up by a cut. Bulk time varies at what you are aiming for.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what if I wanted to start now with a more cutting lean muscle program, and saved the bulk for later. Once I feel comfortable with where I am exactly? Is that an ok direction or should I bulk then cutt? Sorry guys, im new at this..
Thanks, -Chris
If you want to get straight jacked and also want to get leaner, you'd have to have an impeccable diet and do a lean bulk. In my experience, lean bulks are hard to pull off effectively. I like the traditional method of bulking with minimal junky kinds of foods, then cutting down effectively - hopefully losing as little muscle as possible.

I tend to think of lean bulks more for experienced lifters who have badass diets. For a beginner, I would just have some patience and do a bulk sort of diet, maybe with cardio on off-days if you desire.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
def keep cardio going, and use high intensity, HITT cardio, and the Bill Starr 5x5 madcow workout plan with the diet ratio i gave you and you should see great results! along with some creatine (Neovar, Size ON, Green Bulge) and you should be set! then follow it with a cut to get to what ever you think its apprpriate. Once you begin the cut, switch to a high rep moderate to hight weight lifting scheme and MAKE SURE to involove cardio all @ least 2 times aweek

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off, welcome to the site!
If I may point out a great compilation thread regarding supps, look at http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/71666-what-supplements-what.html .
Also I suggest you check out http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/86088-neoborn-s-where.html .

From what you said, you want to become cut. Depending on how much muscle you have already would be the basis of my recommendation. You want to burn fat and put on muscle, which is often referred to as recomposition (recomp). I'd say add some cardio into your routine, keep doing weights and have a strict clean diet.

cantstop19

Awards
Welcome man your at the right place. You said your only consuming 50g of protein per day thats definately not enough, start consuming about 1 to 1.5 g per pound and work up to 2g, that will help you alot if your only consuming 50g per day right now

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Geez it looks like he is already about 10%, I lean bulk would be ideal. I agree with the 40 40 20 split. We all have our crosses to bear, myself I bulk easy but have a hard time losing fat. So I don't really go out ot my way to bulk, it just happens.

As long as your eating clean I think you should be on a calorie surplus most of the time, cuz you probably don't have that much of a problem staying lean. I would say your a meso-ecto so you won't have too much prolems with a good diet and some aminos etc..

KrunkChris

Awards
Ok first of BIG thanks to everyone helping, this place is awesome!
after reading your guys thoughts and other forum material this is what I put together for a start.

My workout will be Bill Starr's 5X5 plan.
I will also throw in some HITT cardio at most 2x a week. (which will be a big increase from what I do now)

I take multivitamins now, but can anyone recommend a good one for when I run out of what I have? or are they all the same?

Ill also start creatine (cell mass) is what I have laying around, any suggestions for other goods ones once that runs out?

Ill consume now 100 ounces of water a day, and 270g of protein a day.
Ill start paying attention to the 40-40-20 guide as well.

I still need to look into some good BCAA/EAA's

Thanks again for getting me on track, its greatly apprecaiated and actually very exciting!!!!
-Chris

cantstop19

Awards
everything looks good so far as far as creatine it varies, most people like creatine monohydrate, some like creatine ethyl ester, but as far as creatine products that people have had great results with if i were an is comig out with a new one neovar recompd i would start with that or some other are, nos ether, green bulge, ragnarok etc. for bcaas imo xtend is the best. also since your looking to put on lean muscle look into the Intracell stack by athletic edge nutrition

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thats everything i recommended to you when you started cantstop! haha but yeah Kris he dif gave you a solid list of beginner supplements! IMO creatine is creatine so stick with the cheap stuff that works. glad i was of some help bro!

cantstop19

Awards
haha i know texas! but iv also had great results with a couple of those that iv taken. just passing the good advice on bro,btw the intracell stack is legit to i loved it, what do you think on getting him on a creatine product with ba

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Welcome!! You def. seem like you are on the right track- diet, rest, training, and supplementation are the biggest pieces to the puzzle- if you can control these variables, you will attain your goals :)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
haha i know texas! but iv also had great results with a couple of those that iv taken. just passing the good advice on bro,btw the intracell stack is legit to i loved it, what do you think on getting him on a creatine product with ba
Glad to know you enjoyed the intrastack! its a quality group of products and a couple of my favorites. Creatine and Beta alanine sound nice. Can only product positives as long as you keep water intake up past 1.5 gallons a day