I need Help Fast

penn21

penn21

Awards
Ay everyone, sorry i aint posted or replyed any posts lately. I recently got my bench max to around 305.For the past 2 weeks i have been lifting heavy on chest, and everything was going fine. But, about 2 weeks ago i started to feel a sharp pain on the bottom left side of my right peck. Right on the bottom edge of where the cleavege crease would be. The pain aint bad unless i push on it or work the chest to much. Well, i was maxing out today and i was half way up on 300, and suddenly the pain shot up my chest and i had 2 drop it on me. My spotter pulled the weight off me and the pain was very annoying, well, about 20 minutes later after resting, the pain went away completley, so i dont think its torn. But if i push it, it hurts. If i flex my chest, u can feel the pressure. Remember, its on the bottom left corner of my right peck. Can ANYONE tell me what to do about this. Should i lay off chest completley?. Or do a light weight routine. I have came so far and put so many hours into my bench gains. I do not want to lose it. HELP:frustrate:frustrate:frustrate

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
See a doc if possible.
I would probably rest it for a little bit, and then start slowly with light weight.
Try other exercises too, with very light weight first.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
I agree with mattikus. first see a doc to see what's going on for sure, then go from there.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion sounds like a slight/partial tear...might not be that bad though...Does it hurt more on the positive portion of the rep or the negative...

penn21

penn21

Awards
I felt it on the negative. Then as i was pushing the weight up it got worse. I also forgot to mention this, if i flex my pecs, you can tell that the right bottom pec "the bad one" is larger and goes down further then the left one, by about a half inch. Its almost like it goes down further then the other one. But right now, theres really no pain at all. Even if i push on it, i can barley feel it. Its just when i really work the muscle. I dont know how 2 explain it.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
i think i had the same thing when i use to do heavy-partials on incline flyes...nothing happened just it hurt ALOT when i lifted...but i only do one chest workout a week...so i had along time to recover...after 2 weeks it went away i just stopped do such heavy partials and it was ok...probably just extremely inflamed with a large amount of microtears...but i would still get it checked out

penn21

penn21

Awards
Thank you for the info Jared. I only do chest once a week too. However i have been lifting very heavy the past few weeks. I will lay off chest all next week and see what happens. A weeks rest wouldent hurt. To be honest, I think "The perfect Pushup" i got a month ago is what did this. It Spreads your pecs apart way to much. Ill look into it.